Games which you love, but could never win.

Militaris

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parasite Eve 2 on PS1.

I restarted that game 3 times because I always gave up at this certain spot of the game which I just couldn't figure out. I would stop playing the game for like a year and return to playing it again quite later. I eventually got up the final boss, Eve, on it but could never beat her because before beating her the last save point was far away, you have to run all the way to a certain spot, kill a few things, kill one boss then kill her. I just gave up.

I just remembered another game.

Cannon Fodder

The point of the game was to control a group of Soldiers to complete missions. The longer you keep a soldier alive the higher his rank and stronger he becomes. A high rank solder is very useful for same missions but if the die they are gone and you have to start with a weak private in a hard level. Got a good way into it but had dozens of levels so got bored probably.

I just remembered another game.

Cannon Fodder

The point of the game was to control a group of Soldiers to complete missions. The longer you keep a soldier alive the higher his rank and stronger he becomes. A high rank solder is very useful for same missions but if the die they are gone and you have to start with a weak private in a hard level. Got a good way into it but had dozens of levels so got bored probably.

I finished Cannon Fodder first time round :) From memory - I lost about... 14 dudes during the entire game 8-)

Super mario 64 was the biggest. It literaly took me over two years to beat the game. Mostly it was because I *never* looked up how to beat something or get somewhere, so a lot of times I'd get lost.. stuck... ect. and give up for a few months only to pick it up. I did beat it though :D.

the first legend of zelda is a pain in the wagon to beat too, never have gotten past the like... 2nd dungeon.

I've actualy never beat super mario 3 for the NES either come to think of it. It's so hard without saves/ect. and the last 2 areas are a pain. (world 8 and the world 9 I never knew about for the longest of times).

And, finaly, I never did beat "monster in my pocket" :lol: . Was some weird game for the NES I loved (so much fun lol) but its so hard. I never could beat the game.

Super mario 64 was the biggest. It literaly took me over two years to beat the game. Mostly it was because I *never* looked up how to beat something or get somewhere, so a lot of times I'd get lost.. stuck... ect. and give up for a few months only to pick it up. I did beat it though :D.

the first legend of zelda is a pain in the wagon to beat too, never have gotten past the like... 2nd dungeon.

I found Zelda-Ocarina of Time, pretty hard too, but a friend of mine helped my through the Forest Temple. Apart from that, I finished it all on my own :thumbsup:

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Duck Duck Goose. I always got captured by the Goose. :(

:D Thats why you 'goose' the fat kids or get a runup

So true. :lol:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES. I killed Shredder once but couldn't kill Krang to beat it.

Ghengis Khan on the Genesis. Took ages to play and you couldn't save. I united Mongolia, sent my Mongol Horde across Asia and made it to Europe... Then my mom vacuumed the room, turned off the Genesis and thus ended my hopes of world conquest.

Ambassadar.png

Anybody have the game Syphon Filter 1 for ps1? I never have done the final level, not to this day then again I pretty much gave up. I couldn't believe it when my friend told me he beat it easily. I asked him to show me and he did, he did do the final level but with infinite ammo and life <.<

I also have never cleared Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube, I think I have about 80 shines even though there are like 150 :uhh:

Elders scrolls III Bloodmoon. Dang werewolves.

yep and morrowind it self is also far to big to realy win al side quests and besides it got very much replay- valeu cause of the choiches you have to make so i think morrowind (tribunal and bloodmoon)

I beat Civ II on Deity mode multiple times... It's all about getting a good start. Great game by the way.

yea i mostly just made massive cities and out-scienced everyone.. i think i usually had too few cities too slowly.

i do remember getting a city up to size 46 or so on civ tho.. 10 mill pop ftw! weird thing was it was an enemy city before i took it over.

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place

The Lion King on the SNES...

...How in the SMEG do you get past the level with the 3 volcanos at the end. Nothing happens! Where the hell do you go?!

lol i had lion king on the PC. i could do the entire game pretty easy, but could not beat the final boss dude. (fighting on the top of the pride rock or whatever.

i memorised teh whole run away from the wildebeast thing, as well as most of the other levels lol

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place