Now That SwiftSwitch Has Been Changed....

tomdavies90

well today, SwiftSwitch got the much awaited update which makes it (well i guess not 100% until jagex confirm but he fixed everything he was told too) legal. i was just wondering wether people who never used it before will consider using it now that they can safely do so?

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SS is is illegal on these forums. But maybe you could get a confirmation from Jagex.
I dont understand that, It's not illegal by Jagex's rules anymore so why is it illegal here? I thought tip.it followed Jagex's rules....

Already DL'ed my v2.39. Works like a charm :)

SS is is illegal on these forums. But maybe you could get a confirmation from Jagex.
I dont understand that, It's not illegal by Jagex's rules anymore so why is it illegal here? I thought tip.it followed Jagex's rules....

It was never illegal by JaGEx's rules (except for that one day). JaGEx just frowns upon the usage of 3rd Party programs as you probablly know, so Tip.It goes along and does not want us to talk about them. At least that's how it was before.

I'm DLing it now.

icecube7.jpeg

It was never illegal by JaGEx's rules (except for that one day). JaGEx just frowns upon the usage of 3rd Party programs as you probablly know, so Tip.It goes along and does not want us to talk about them. At least that's how it was before.

I'm DLing it now.

Yes, but they go as far as the block the tip.it chat from being accessed the through SS IRC client. I think it needs to be unblocked so I don't have to use it through the firefox window.

Well actually, I just read the updates news and they said:

We've also had to disable the ability to connect to other irc servers, this isn't something we enjoy having to do but with the current rules there's just no way we could of left the feature in. I'm not entirely sure if this is permanent, we'll just wait and see.

So that means it's not just Tip.It. :cry:

icecube7.jpeg

Well actually, I just read the updates news and they said:

We've also had to disable the ability to connect to other irc servers, this isn't something we enjoy having to do but with the current rules there's just no way we could of left the feature in. I'm not entirely sure if this is permanent, we'll just wait and see.

So that means it's not just Tip.It. :cry:

well thats lame. Oh well, I didn't use it that much, Just use the one through firefox I guess...The rest of the program is still there :) .

I am just annoyed because connection is refused from EVERY SINGLE IRC CHANNEL!
I have that same problem. I don't use SS though, I use mIRC.

what is this mIRC and IRC you speak of?

iv never used a third party client only the dude who's guide tells you how to put desktop links for worlds, you own world switching man!

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

can some 1 tell me how to get on tip.it ofical irc channel from ss?

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

iv never used a third party client only the dude who's guide tells you how to put desktop links for worlds, you own world switching man!

I've never used SS either. MiRC is a completely different (legal) program. Most ops/admins here use it.
sig5235ro7.jpg

Tip.it is not blocked. All servers are blocked from the SS irc window. They have disabled the use of the function /server

They also have put on a mode +f to every user (a censor that censors websites, bad words, etc)

It was necessary for them to keep IRC on SS. So you won't be able to access tip.it's server through SS, you will have to download mIRC.

[and the swiftirc network is not working right now either, it should be up soon later]

Tip.it is not blocked. All servers are blocked from the SS irc window. They have disabled the use of the function /server

They also have put on a mode +f to every user (a censor that censors websites, bad words, etc)

It was necessary for them to keep IRC on SS. So you won't be able to access tip.it's server through SS, you will have to download mIRC.

[and the [ForbiddenSite] network is not working right now either, it should be up soon later]

the +f can be turned off in your options. the official tip.it chat was blocked even before this update.

I send a message to Jagex a few days ago and they replied (probably automated...) saying "We do not recommend downloading any 3rd party clients, due that they might have a keylogger...*blah blah blah about how anti-virus cant scan completly...bah*"

So its legal, but they dont recommend it. Thats what I'm thinking. Well anywho I'm using it right now and it works as a charm. :D

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

as a third party developer i asked jagex about the legitmacy of these add ons.

Seems that World changers are perfectly legal aslong as they do not let you enter worlds that are allready full, chat has to be stated that it is not endorsed by jagex, seems all fair to me.

I've never used SS either. MiRC is a completely different (legal) program. Most ops/admins here use it.

I've been using mIRC for years. I don't understand why people want to use SS so bad. What better options does it offer? With the world delays the world switcher won't work. A stats look up? Big deal, just use mIRC or just open up another page. I never did understand why SS became so popular after the world delays were introduced by Jagex, but maybe I'm missing something....

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I've been using mIRC for years. I don't understand why people want to use SS so bad. What better options does it offer? With the world delays the world switcher won't work. A stats look up? Big deal, just use mIRC or just open up another page. I never did understand why SS became so popular after the world delays were introduced by Jagex, but maybe I'm missing something....

calculators, world switcher, instant looking up stats, and irc all on the same page might have caught a few people's eyes....

Everything was very easy and conveniant because it was on the same page. Obviously, you don't need it, but its conveniant. :)

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

calculators, world switcher, instant looking up stats, and irc all on the same page might have caught a few people's eyes....

Everything was very easy and conveniant because it was on the same page. Obviously, you don't need it, but its conveniant. :)

you forgot the best part, auto cropping and saving for pics, you just press a button and it does everything :D . Since I'm a screenshot taking maniac this is a big deal for me.

where do i download the new ss? i forget where i downloaded the old one =\

I bet it's some totally awesome 20-stringed, dragon shaped instrument that doubles as a flamethrower/laser phaser. Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.