Now That SwiftSwitch Has Been Changed....

tomdavies90

I am just annoyed because connection is refused from EVERY SINGLE IRC CHANNEL!
I have that same problem. I don't use SS though, I use mIRC.

what is this mIRC and IRC you speak of?

iv never used a third party client only the dude who's guide tells you how to put desktop links for worlds, you own world switching man!

I've never used SS either. MiRC is a completely different (legal) program. Most ops/admins here use it.

I've been using mIRC for years. I don't understand why people want to use SS so bad. What better options does it offer? With the world delays the world switcher won't work. A stats look up? Big deal, just use mIRC or just open up another page. I never did understand why SS became so popular after the world delays were introduced by Jagex, but maybe I'm missing something....

For me, the main reason was because the IRC was on the same page. With mIRC, i have to minimise the window, or hide the window with rs in to talk in, or even to read the conversations, and then re-open it. Very inconveient, especially if im lagging.

Also, i think that mIRC is much harder to a.) use and b.) look at than SS's irc. SS irc is just simple, and yet isnt basic.

supernovasigst7.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SS is is illegal on these forums. But maybe you could get a confirmation from Jagex.
I dont understand that, It's not illegal by Jagex's rules anymore so why is it illegal here? I thought tip.it followed Jagex's rules....

Already DL'ed my v2.39. Works like a charm :)

i got it now too... sept i alwasy had it just never played on it... but er... its not really that much different, i was expecting drastic changes to ss...

and i am pretty sure tip it follows jagex ruling

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

I would use SS, but do not want a keylogger that might be attached. I know that there is most likey no keylogger attached, but I won't take my chances. :P

~Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Technically, the situation has not changed in regards to 3rd party clients as Jagex DOES NOT RECOMMEND the use of them, due to the risk of keyloggers/virus etc that could be hidden in them. All they have effectively done is to say that using 3rd party clients is not a bannable offence UNLESS it interacts directly eith the underlying game coding.

Anyway I do not and never will use a 3rd party client - I am as cautious as Jagex and won't risk the integrity of my PC.

NOTE - I have NEVER been hacked in 4 years of playing RS, so perhaps my caution is worthwhile

I would use SS, but do not want a keylogger that might be attached. I know that there is most likey no keylogger attached, but I won't take my chances. :P

~Saruman44

There are hundreds of thousands of players who use it and thousands with much more valuable banks. What makes you think that if a keylogger was actually attached that they would target you? That's the way I see it...

well today, SwiftSwitch got the much awaited update which makes it (well i guess not 100% until jagex confirm but he fixed everything he was told too) legal. i was just wondering wether people who never used it before will consider using it now that they can safely do so?

The Worst Possible Move by jagex was baning SwiftSwitch now they better not complain about getting thousands of letters spaming jagex for this. I For one hate it but what can ya do?

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

@ metalica: People like convenience, and having everything in one place is convenient. I bet you rather shop in supermarkets and malls than drive/walk to 10 stores for milk, break and meat :)

@ brave: Congratulations of not being hacked. Most keyloggers comes just from browsing wrong site or downloading ANYTHING that does not have digital respectable company signature, SS has safety signature of about 750 000 people (don't hit me if i'm wrong). You're part of tip.it community because it has good reputation in between players. I think as long as you download from OFFICIAL website, you will be fine.

NOTE: i never was hacked either and playing since good old fatigue

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Technically, the situation has not changed in regards to 3rd party clients as Jagex DOES NOT RECOMMEND the use of them, due to the risk of keyloggers/virus etc that could be hidden in them. All they have effectively done is to say that using 3rd party clients is not a bannable offence UNLESS it interacts directly eith the underlying game coding.

Anyway I do not and never will use a 3rd party client - I am as cautious as Jagex and won't risk the integrity of my PC.

NOTE - I have NEVER been hacked in 4 years of playing RS, so perhaps my caution is worthwhile

I've been playing just as long as you and have never been hacked. However I do use SS :lol: . It's safe but if you still choose not too then its your choice.

i personally use the rs client (so i don't have to use lame IE) i got from the runescape page.. I have no clue where to get ss or any of these nifty lil 3rd party clients

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

i personally use the rs client (so i don't have to use lame IE) i got from the runescape page.. I have no clue where to get ss or any of these nifty lil 3rd party clients
My rs client currently is not working. All I get when I open it is a black screen.
thhah.gif

I have on the netgamers network my own channel I use for my clan. Some people came there through SS, some through my webclient (check it out on my clansite), but most use mIRC.

Basicly what they did (before allowing you to see all the beeped out stuff again by setting your mode to -f), was effectivly cutting off every access to links and what not.

This spurred me on to make my own modified-for-noobs mIRC version with a color layout exactly as my webclient, to make the transition between it and mIRC easier.

Thank god that they now put in mode f, this buys me some respite in perfecting my own mIRC version.

For those that wish to see links and all the other nasty stuff again using SS v2.39 to connect to the SS chat (which is just another IRC server), you should type and enter this:

/mode current username -f

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

My rs client currently is not working. All I get when I open it is a black screen.
mine is working fine.

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

SS is is illegal on these forums. But maybe you could get a confirmation from Jagex.
I dont understand that, It's not illegal by Jagex's rules anymore so why is it illegal here? I thought tip.it followed Jagex's rules....

Already DL'ed my v2.39. Works like a charm :)

It was never illegal by JaGEx's rules (except for that one day). JaGEx just frowns upon the usage of 3rd Party programs as you probablly know, so Tip.It goes along and does not want us to talk about them. At least that's how it was before.

I'm DLing it now.

YESH!

REBEL AGAINST YOU MASTERS!

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Jagex will probably never publicaly confirm that it is legal, cuz that makes it seem like SwiftSwitch is Jagex Unofficial Official client.

But they did mention Strider and his attempts in one of the updates :D, so I'm expecting it to be legal once Strider is done (and I think he is)

I am just annoyed because connection is refused from EVERY SINGLE IRC CHANNEL!
I have that same problem. I don't use SS though, I use mIRC.

what is this mIRC and IRC you speak of?

iv never used a third party client only the dude who's guide tells you how to put desktop links for worlds, you own world switching man!

I've never used SS either. MiRC is a completely different (legal) program. Most ops/admins here use it.

I've been using mIRC for years. I don't understand why people want to use SS so bad. What better options does it offer? With the world delays the world switcher won't work. A stats look up? Big deal, just use mIRC or just open up another page. I never did understand why SS became so popular after the world delays were introduced by Jagex, but maybe I'm missing something....

For me, the main reason was because the IRC was on the same page. With mIRC, i have to minimise the window, or hide the window with rs in to talk in, or even to read the conversations, and then re-open it. Very inconveient, especially if im lagging.

Also, i think that mIRC is much harder to a.) use and b.) look at than SS's irc. SS irc is just simple, and yet isnt basic.

i dont see how mirc is harder to use? i mean all you really need is the server name and port. then thats all..

anyway the last 3days or so ive been trying to use the SS irc channel thru MIRC and havent been able to connect and that seemingly explains it.

They will never go out and say \"swiftswitch is allowed for use\". This is because they have no control over it and people could dl the wrong thing and it would be a virus, thats the same reason they havent endorsed websites in almost 6 years, they cant be responsible

SS will never be legal

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

I think I'll stay with my version 2.37 and it's auto world retry feature, thanks.

DOH Can i reinstall 2.37 ? lmao

Go for it, If you want to get banned. :wink:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2