Quest Cape, Why Higher Levels disrepect those who are lower.

Jock66600

Honestly, I'd like a Boss to be like the Dagannoth Kings in a Quest, BY YOURSELF. I know what you would have to do, And It would still be pretty easy to do at about 110 Combat, But still. That quest WOULD ROCK!

I wouldn't want a quest boss fight that hard. o_O

Keeping in mind that I have NO experience in DK fights or something similar. I doubt many other people have good experience with those kind of non-quest boss fights.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its an expression on how easy quest cape is to get, walking to the legends guild is alot harder than doing all the quests and getting the quest cape, simple?

You still don't make any sense. Please don't respond anymore since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

How can walking to the legends guild be harder than doing all the quests???? :shock:

lol.. i knew someone like you would tell me i dont know what im talking about, its an expression, quest cape is not hard to get.. why am i expressing it like this you ask? because he said quest cape is harder than a 99 mining cape.

Well if you put it that way, then yes, I agree its easier to get the quest cape then getting to lvl 99 mining or any other skill at that.

he insulted the 99 mining cape so i insult the quest cape with an expression, seems clear now?

Read my last response and you'll see that I agreed with you. Getting a skill to level 99 is very hard to do. Believe me, I've been wanting to get my mage and fletching to lvl 99 but it gets too boring doing the same thing over and over again.

aglipoy.png

unless jagex make a major mess up, ME3 will be the hardest thing you will ever do. hopefully we'll need some ridiculous levels and have a monster such as Jad at the end waiting for us - but he can pray! now that would be a pwnage quest

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

its an expression on how easy quest cape is to get, walking to the legends guild is alot harder than doing all the quests and getting the quest cape, simple?

You still don't make any sense. Please don't respond anymore since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

How can walking to the legends guild be harder than doing all the quests???? :shock:

lol.. i knew someone like you would tell me i dont know what im talking about, its an expression, quest cape is not hard to get.. why am i expressing it like this you ask? because he said quest cape is harder than a 99 mining cape.

Well if you put it that way, then yes, I agree its easier to get the quest cape then getting to lvl 99 mining or any other skill at that.

he insulted the 99 mining cape so i insult the quest cape with an expression, seems clear now?

Read my last response and you'll see that I agreed with you. Getting a skill to level 99 is very hard to do. Believe me, I've been wanting to get my mage and fletching to lvl 99 but it gets too boring doing the same thing over and over again.

shame one of those guys named meb quoted me and put me in his sig without reading the whole topic

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Honestly, I'd like a Boss to be like the Dagannoth Kings in a Quest, BY YOURSELF. I know what you would have to do, And It would still be pretty easy to do at about 110 Combat, But still. That quest WOULD ROCK!

Keeping in mind that I have NO experience in DK fights or something similar. I doubt many other people have good experience with those kind of non-quest boss fights.

I would like a boss fight of the same difficulty as the D Kings, but with a whole new strategy required, so nobody has an advantage going in.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Uhm, I'm high lvl and I don't want a quest cape, and don't care who can get one.

Although, I'd still like to see quests with higher requirements regardless of any cape.

Sadly, I think that will never happen now because of the cape. Too many nubs with the cape would complain.

i am not as high cbt as you but i agree....

personally the quest cape is too easy to get.. Seriously you really don't have to have any outrageous stats to obtain it and imo the lvl requiremests are very low for pretty much every quest. Thats why i say that its easy to get. Do i have one no... i don't it either... I am pretty dam sure if i wanted it i could def get it given my average stats

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I would like a boss fight of the same difficulty as the D Kings, but with a whole new strategy required, so nobody has an advantage going in.

Can't really change it, Three Monsters than Attack With Range\Melee\Mage, Nothing around that.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I don't think it's the case that higher levels wish to restrict the number of lower levels with quest capes at all. Personally I don't care how many people have them. What I think higher levels want is more of a challenge within the quest and therefore (usually) better rewards at the end of it.

What I really want to see is the "Grand Opening" of the Blood Altar to add a bit of variety to runecrafting!

Regarding the question as to whether it is easier to get an achievement cape or a quest cape, just check out the number of people wearing the quest cape versus even the most common (cooking/fletching) skill cape.

Mordendravid.png

The Quest Cape is a JOKE compared to any other Achievement Cape. Sure...it's cool that you've done all the quests...but it's so common that no one cares anymore. The "high levels," you speak of were probably just being jerks. That does not and should not reflect upon the rest of us.

Besides...the question that should REALLY be asked here is...

"Why aren't we ridiculing the high levels who DON'T have the Quest Cape?"

:lol:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Ok, it seems people are just obsessed with the idea in mind that the Quest cape is relatively easy to get. Wrong.

That's just one big underestimation...

Why is it easy to get? Because people use guides. Try doing all quests without guides and let's see how you do, and how hard it is. I've done all my quests without guides, heck... I wrote them instead of reading them... Way more challenging and fun that way, plus i get the chance to help others.

Oh, and i remind you folks that getting all the minimum requirements, equipment and stats, and then doing all quests takes just as much time and effort to get a 99 Skill.

Getting the requirements, items and doing them is just as hard or heck, harder than some 99 skills.

HiveBanner.png

If it's so easy, then go get one.

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

I don't understand. I never see situations like that. I have a quest cape, and any person 20 levels lower than me that has it, I respect them about it as much as I take pride in mine. I personally am not entirely satisfied, as this is easier to achieve than any 99 capes, and takes a lot less time to get (unless you no-life a skill 18 hours a day :lol: ).

Therefore, I am hoping to get a hunter cape during this summer, and my satisfaction will be completely filled.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

A questing cape is not that much of an achievemtn, so I don't really care if low levels have it or not (more common amongst lvl 80-90s).

IMO the quest cape is there to stop people from complaining. "The level 99s get capes, why do those no lifers get capes? i want a cape!" So they give them the quest cape. I personally hate it. No disrespect, or respect for that matter, for people who have it, but i dont like it.

(I'm lvl 110 btw)

35b9enp.jpg

If it's so easy, then go get one.

its not hard to obtain since none of the quests are really that challenging... If some of the quests didn't give prayer exp i'd have that stupid cape.. But since i can name a few that will give me prayer i refuse to do the quests.. You're just angry cause you have the quest cape and some of us are bashing it lol

Drgnslyer15.png

I'm fine with anyone with a low combat level with a quest cape because there's not reason not to be fine with them.

The players who don't like it are just jealous.

being an owner of the more common achievement capes i.e. quest, cooking and fletching, i'd say the order of difficulty from hardest to easiest is like this...

quest > fletching > cooking

harder only means the time spent to actually get the cape. quests take a longer time bcoz of all the running around and gathering the items. anyone that knows how to fight (pk, dk, etc.) shouldnt have a problem with bosses.

rs2 makes it so easy to lvl certain skills...no more dealing with niles, miles and giles...

I don't care about the cape. I just want a quest that's actually a challenge...

I'd love a quest that requires 90 slayer. Will make me go get those last 5 levels. Or a quest that requires 124 combat so that I'd go get another few levels.

Bottom line is, quests are too cushy. We need a quest that a level 126 has a moderate chance of dying, or with puzzles that guides can not be written for.

being an owner of the more common achievement capes i.e. quest, cooking and fletching, i'd say the order of difficulty from hardest to easiest is like this...

quest > fletching > cooking

harder only means the time spent to actually get the cape. quests take a longer time bcoz of all the running around and gathering the items. anyone that knows how to fight (pk, dk, etc.) shouldnt have a problem with bosses.

rs2 makes it so easy to lvl certain skills...no more dealing with niles, miles and giles...

I have no idea what you mean by "no more dealing with niles, miles and giles...". Just an hour ago, Giles asked me to recognize a fish from a helmet.

I have no problem with lower levels owning Quest Capes. I commend them for getting them, but people who think they shouldn't have them are just jealous.

I have no idea what you mean by "no more dealing with niles, miles and giles...". Just an hour ago, Giles asked me to recognize a fish from a helmet.

There was a time when there was no bank notes, just 'certs'. You would have to cert and uncert items by going to them.

I have no problem with lower levels owning Quest Capes. I commend them for getting them, but people who think they shouldn't have them are just jealous.

There was a time when there was no bank notes, just 'certs'. You would have to cert and uncert items by going to them.

yes those certers in RSC were such a pain in the butt... I remember uncertin like 3k coal and 1.5k iron certs and i wanted to shoot myself... It was sooo boring lol....

Drgnslyer15.png

I don't care about the cape. I just want a quest that's actually a challenge...

I'd love a quest that requires 90 slayer. Will make me go get those last 5 levels. Or a quest that requires 124 combat so that I'd go get another few levels.

Bottom line is, quests are too cushy. We need a quest that a level 126 has a moderate chance of dying, or with puzzles that guides can not be written for.

thats a bit much i doubt there's very many with 90 slayer..

they do need to make quests more difficult though... pretty much all the bosses are easily beaten with the use of protection prayers... I really doubt jagex would release a really really hard quest.. RFD wasn't hard it was just long DT wasn't very hard either cause of protection prayers like i said.. ME2 was harder the both of em cause of the mirrors that was a pain in my *** lol

Drgnslyer15.png