The unofficial fletching guild

mario_sunny

Well anyways I was going to buy some supplies for fletching and went on the official forums. Saw someone was selling alot of yews and I said I would buy 2k of em. He pmed me and said to meet in world 132, yanille. How convienent, because I was already in yanille after buying some runes. I quickly switched worlds, but to my suprise world 132 was no ordinary world...

When I logged on I noticed at least 20 people, a quarter of them alching, a quarter of them cutting logs, and half of them just sitting at the bank(stringing most likely). I was amazed, and I asked if this was some clan gathering or something. They responded "this is the unofficial fletching guild". My first reaction was to laugh, as players starting their own guild in a bank was a bit funny. But then I saw how great it was, a place where tons of players can gather in a HUGE bow/unstrung/bs/flax market, something I've tried to organise in the past. Alchers will never go hungry, fletchers will always have a yew log seller, along with a bs/flax seller. I even came there at 4 in the morning, which is very early and still there were 20+ people there. That means in the afternoon there would be 100+ people! A huge fletchers/alchers market right in Yanille!

Has anyone ever been here before? Whoever organised this is a genius!

Here is a pic of the peak hours(thanks to malo):

132xc3.png

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

It seems like we have another unofficial official world.

What I find interseting is the organizing part of it, how do you set up something like this?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

This could be the first step towards diversifying the trade worlds...

For a long time, world 2 has been the main trade world (with literally everything sold and bought there).

This could be a first step towards having different categories of items being sold on different worlds. For example, all ores and other smithing related material could be sold on a completely different world.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

For a long time, world 2 has been the main trade world (with literally everything sold and bought there).

This could be a first step towards having different categories of items being sold on different worlds. For example, all ores and other smithing related material could be sold on a completely different world.

if jagex added specific trade shops or, just specific trade worlds that would really diversify things, think of the official forums actually made into actual words every trade block seperated into different worlds, the discontinued world would probably have so many beggars. and the inconveniece that you could not find specific things would blow, but the purpose of world 2 would still be their for buying random things, warrior rings and such

Hm... They should probably add an in-game market system which lets you sell and auction from any worlds using it. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

hmm, thats interesting, i might use it if i need supplys

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

if jagex added specific trade shops or, just specific trade worlds that would really diversify things, think of the official forums actually made into actual words every trade block seperated into different worlds, the discontinued world would probably have so many beggars. and the inconveniece that you could not find specific things would blow, but the purpose of world 2 would still be their for buying random things, warrior rings and such

Wow, very nice suggestion. =D>

Have you considered posting that in the Suggestion forums?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Hm... They should probably add an in-game market system which lets you sell and auction from any worlds using it. :-k

Player Owned Shops. You put the item in your shop, set a price, if someone pays that price to your shop, they get the item.

35b9enp.jpg

Player Owned Shops. You put the item in your shop, set a price, if someone pays that price to your shop, they get the item.

Just like MapleStory :mrgreen: . I think.

skaterlam.png

It was added by Theone428, and there is a thread on the official forums if it hasn't died.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I believe Jagex would actually be supportive of this.

...We love emergent gameplay; there's emergent gameplay all over the place in RuneScape. In fact (unlikely many other developers) when we see players doing something cool we hadn't thought of, not only do we think "cool!", we also often go out of our way to make that cool thing work even better or build it in as an intended part of the game. How many developers do that?

Examples of emergent gameplay: Law running on world 66. Players using shops as temporary banks when nature running (risk of losing your runes, vs slight speed boost! cool trade off!). The bizarrely high value of party hats. The huge player 'market place' which has emerged on worlds 1 and 2 in varrock....

...I actually find these "accidental features" one of the coolest things about developing a game like RuneScape, it's always great to see players making their own fun.

mcguff1.png

Wow, very nice suggestion. =D>

Have you considered posting that in the Suggestion forums?

no, ive considered so many suggestions and ideas and things that singular they are complex and not worth it but combined be be nice, like lately ive been working on recoloring existing armors, as if it were an upgrade... ive showed few people the idea because, 1. i only use MS paint, and 2. my photoshop is good but, that doesnt mean i know or can use any of its features. i really wish MisterXman or bloodveld would assist me in my ideas, but asking some1 else to detail my workings would be in my opinion selfish and asking too much of good faith.

recently ive wondered why we dont have sheaths for swords, worn on characters. and other things, such as a belt(default clothing) that holds random things, like a buttoned loop to hold a whip as your secondary weapon, or a rune sack(stores all runes in a sack, like pouches) all to save inventory space. and as we speak about the armor i was thinking of designing im off to go use my friends verac's brassard for an idea i have

Well anyways I was going to buy some supplies for fletching and went on the official forums. Saw someone was selling alot of yews and I said I would buy 2k of em. He pmed me and said to meet in world 132, yanille. How convienent, because I was already in yanille after buying some runes. I quickly switched worlds, but to my suprise world 132 was no ordinary world...

When I logged on I noticed at least 20 people, a quarter of them alching, a quarter of them cutting logs, and half of them just sitting at the bank(stringing most likely). I was amazed, and I asked if this was some clan gathering or something. They responded "this is the unofficial fletching guild". My first reaction was to laugh, as players starting their own guild in a bank was a bit funny. But then I saw how great it was, a place where tons of players can gather in a HUGE bow/unstrung/bs/flax market, something I've tried to organise in the past. Alchers will never go hungry, fletchers will always have a yew log seller, along with a bs/flax seller. I even came there at 4 in the morning, which is very early and still there were 20+ people there. That means in the afternoon there would be 100+ people! A huge fletchers/alchers market right in Yanille!

Has anyone ever been here before? Whoever organised this is a genius!

I go there all the time, its amazing there. I rarely get bored because there are so many people there!

LOL! Mario, I think I was in world 132 yanille when you asked if this was a clan event...lol

I think because the mage guild is there, where lot of people mine for pure essence...they see lots of people alching..so they make nats and come sell there. Its awesome, and you can get some good deals, unlike Seers bank, which has turned to merchanters! (god I hate them..hehe)

I like it when someone comes and says "trading 2k yew logs and bowstrings for yew longs!" Makes me all giddy inside...hehe :wink:

fantasy-19.gif

Hmm... methinks I will be going there after I get my 99 attack (95 atm) and resume my 99 fletching (91 atm). Sounds like a very nice place. And thank you a million, because I now know a good place to sell my nats I rc without having to post a thread :D

Now they need a world where people buy/sell food in the rogues den. That would have helped me get 99 cooking faster if I didn't have to leave my training spot to get my supplies.

And I REALLY love the idea of working trade worlds/locations around where people train the most. World 2 is very hard to get into, but if they had seperate worlds for different things, it would be a lot more organized and orderly. And less laggy.