The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Question oh wise dispensers of WoW related knowledge.

Seeing how RS is now broken beyond repair I'm looking at starting WoW again - now the only thing stopping me is the patches, let me explain a little. My net connection is something awful, playing the game is fine, no issues there but when it comes to straight file downloads it takes a sodding age (last summer to update WoW from the disc version to playable took about 3 nights of downloads, I kid not).

basically, is there somewhere I can download the patches on another PC (with a decent connection) and then USB them over to my PC to install?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question oh wise dispensers of WoW related knowledge.

Seeing how RS is now broken beyond repair I'm looking at starting WoW again - now the only thing stopping me is the patches, let me explain a little. My net connection is something awful, playing the game is fine, no issues there but when it comes to straight file downloads it takes a sodding age (last summer to update WoW from the disc version to playable took about 3 nights of downloads, I kid not).

basically, is there somewhere I can download the patches on another PC (with a decent connection) and then USB them over to my PC to install?

Thanks in advance.

Just move the entire game folder.

Worked for me.

Ok now I'm confused which files I need :oops: I'll be installing just WoW (not TBC) from disc.

Sorry for all the idiocy and thanks for all the help so far

Have a look around on the "General Mirror Sites" for the right files - note that 2.0.etc is BC, you need updates before that.

Sorry I can't give you any detailed info, but you should be able to find what you need in there.

Yeah, that site biox linked should work just fine. I think you want the NONE to 2.0.0 one - that's around 3200MB. From there, you'll want a 2.0 to 2.3 patch.. ohh, this one: 2.x ÃÆââââ¬Ã Ã¢ââ‰â¢ 2.3.0 Complete Patch (~690-870 Mb).

So first grab the playable client (None to 2.0.0) then grab the above patch (2.x to 2.3) then you should be set. Incremental patches are small anyways so if there are any, I'm sure your computer could handle it.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Alright. Then here's what I think needs to be done:

- Install World of Warcraft on your computer

- Download the patch from here that states...

Version 1.12.0 Upgrade Patch || This patch will update the game version from 1.11.0 or lower to 1.12.0. You will not need this patch if you have the expansion (Burning Crusade) installed. Apply it.

- Download (from the same site):

Version 1.12.x to 2.0.1 Upgrade Patch || This patch will update the game version from 1.12.0 or 1.12.1 to 2.0.1. You will not need this patch if you have the expansion (Burning Crusade) installed.. Apply it.

- Download (same site..):

Version 2.3.0 Full patch || This will update the game from any previous 2.x version. If you have up to patch 2.2.3 installed already you can download the smaller Upgrade patch listed below. Apply that.

Should be all up to date, aside from any incremental patches they put out.. which are usually small.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

My PC has been seriously struggling with WoW of late, so after many a BSoD I bit the bullet and turned down the resolution and texture settings from maximum to around medium until I can get inside my PC with some good cleaning tools and get all the dust out.

I nearly cried. I'd forgotten just how [cabbage] WoW looks when you dont run it at max settings... its gonna take some getting used to.

Tk5SF.png

Anyone been on the websites latly and checked the new themes your able to have?

Certainly quite a nice change from the oldish Burning Cursade background. I picked the horder one as it seems theres like so much going on and looks nice. Anyone changed theres?

Cancelled my account again, still got to 31st so I may play it up till then. Dont know why but I just really struggle to get into this game. I like it just I like to play in long session which I dont really get a chance to and so just pop onto CSS for 20mins or so which is easy to play for a short while for me. Still hopefully ill play it more till then and perhaps renew it again.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

@baron8000 - You're very welcome.

Certainly quite a nice change from the oldish Burning Cursade background. I picked the horder one as it seems theres like so much going on and looks nice. Anyone changed theres?

Cancelled my account again, still got to 31st so I may play it up till then. Dont know why but I just really struggle to get into this game. I like it just I like to play in long session which I dont really get a chance to and so just pop onto CSS for 20mins or so which is easy to play for a short while for me. Still hopefully ill play it more till then and perhaps renew it again.

Themes? You mean when you are logging into the game? Didn't even know you could change that. I really like the Blood Elf background when you're looking at your character before logging in - is there one like that? hehe

Sorry to hear you canceled your account. I haven't had much time to play either.. but it's fun to pop on and talk to people, see what I'm missing. ;) I have about a month break in between classes (starting the 17th) so I should get some more play time in - I should at least hit 70. Have about 3k saved up too so hopefully the epic flying isn't too far off (if I don't suddenly decide to reroll... you never know).

sithbridgeay2.jpg

@baron8000 - You're very welcome.

Themes? You mean when you are logging into the game? Didn't even know you could change that. I really like the Blood Elf background when you're looking at your character before logging in - is there one like that? hehe

Sorry to hear you canceled your account. I haven't had much time to play either.. but it's fun to pop on and talk to people, see what I'm missing. ;) I have about a month break in between classes (starting the 17th) so I should get some more play time in - I should at least hit 70. Have about 3k saved up too so hopefully the epic flying isn't too far off (if I don't suddenly decide to reroll... you never know).

He's talking about this. I'm using the horde one as it is rather cool. Recently dinged level 20 on my paladin and having fun with seal of command :thumbsup:

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

oops :oops: back again, just noticed those patches are from the US site - will they work with the UK version (I know I should have mentioned that was the version I would be using - if there's any difference that is)

Again, thank you whoever helps - there won't be many more questions I promise! :lol:

oops :oops: back again, just noticed those patches are from the US site - will they work with the UK version (I know I should have mentioned that was the version I would be using - if there's any difference that is)

Again, thank you whoever helps - there won't be many more questions I promise! :lol:

no they wont. european versions of the game need the european patches.. which can be found at http://www.wow-europe.com instead.

Tk5SF.png

Ohh, I see. I was thinking you were adjusting part of the client or something.. haha.

Nice baron... too bad, I'm not writing that nice guide again! LOL Well it still applies, you just have to poke around yourself. :)

I didn't expect you to for a minute :D . I'm sure I can find the europe ones, it was more finding out if it made any difference. Thanks again for all the help, I WILL get this game running :lol: .

2.3.2 PTR Patch Notes Updated

2.3.2 PTR patch notes have been updated, here are the new changes:

General

* Boat and zeppelin vendors and NPCs are are back on duty.

* Reduced network latency by disabling the Nagle algorithm.

PvP

* Warmasters/marshals in Alterac Valley now increase each otherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s maximum health and damage by 20%. This is a stacking effect.

Druid

* Ravage: The damage multiplier on this ability has been increased from 350% to 385%.

Rogue

* Ambush: The damage multiplier on this ability has been increased from 250% to 275%.

* Hemorrhage: This ability now correctly does additional damage when its debuff has already been applied.

* Preparation now resets the cooldown of Shadowstep and no longer resets the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush.

* Shadowstep now adds a 3 second, 70% movement speed increase.

* Sinister Calling now also increases the percentage damage bonus of Hemorrhage and Backstab by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Items

* The Vengeful GladiatorÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Grimoire is now available on vendors.

2.3.2 changes, yiikes.

The rogue changes are obviously the most apparent. Shadowstep is now probably the best PvP spec, and AR/Prep is nothing but dead.

This should be interesting, to say the least.

* Preparation now resets the cooldown of Shadowstep and no longer resets the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush.

Ah, that's nice. Having prepared an Adrenaline Rush in advance seemed rather odd anyway :P

And in case the index's still being updated:

/Zenedar /Bogsie /A (Gnome Mage)

/Zenedar /Wosgie/A (Human Warlock)

/Zenedar /Schaduwblad/A (Gnome Rogue)