The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been ages since I've played. My main capped at 60 before all the expansions and such came along, and I stopped playing altogether when my rogue reached ~58. High level was the worst part of the game (hence starting a second character) -- gameplay was boring and other players were far too intense. Is it any different now, what with expansions and added content?

It's pretty much the same. If raiding @ 80 doesn't interest you then this really isn't a game to bother with.

Yea, No its not. Level 80 is easysauce. Most guilds can walk a dude in greens through naxx. I had my mage in 4pt7 after like 3 weeks.

It's been ages since I've played. My main capped at 60 before all the expansions and such came along, and I stopped playing altogether when my rogue reached ~58. High level was the worst part of the game (hence starting a second character) -- gameplay was boring and other players were far too intense. Is it any different now, what with expansions and added content?

It's pretty much the same. If raiding @ 80 doesn't interest you then this really isn't a game to bother with.

Yea, No its not. Level 80 is easysauce. Most guilds can walk a dude in greens through naxx. I had my mage in 4pt7 after like 3 weeks.

Exactly. People were doing The Dedicated Few in the first week of Naxxramas.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Cal, is your sig lying or have you seriously played 59 hours in one week... :shock:

thats not too hard to believe. I've played more than that in a week when I've been on a holiday period.

Tk5SF.png

Cal, is your sig lying or have you seriously played 59 hours in one week... :shock:

thats not too hard to believe. I've played more than that in a week when I've been on a holiday period.

He's in the middle of two weeks during which he has about 12 GCSEs...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

In the morning I start up the computer and load up WoW instantly and then just AFK in while I revise. That way I can get straight on from revision at lunch and stuff. :lol:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Got T7.5 Shoulders last night. Hopefully I can get out of my titan stuff from WG soon, but I checked and it will be very hard for me to find an improvment.

Edit: Get your battle-bot !!! http://www.mountaindewgamefuel.com/

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I'd say roll a Pally and spec protadin, if you ever get bored of it you can change to Dps or Healer.

I've already tried rolling a pally. Not really sure if it's for me.

Warrior. Far better boss tanks but DK's are superior in AoE tanking. Then again you will probably get shunned for being a DK (Not to mention there probably won't be any room in a raiding guild for a DK) so I suggest Warrior.

Oh and also Warriors are just overall awesome :D

Yeah, warriors are awesome. But how *hard* is it for warriors to say reach 2k DPS after hitting lvl 80? Almost all the warriors I've played with have a huge DPS problem.

Warrior. Far better boss tanks but DK's are superior in AoE tanking. Then again you will probably get shunned for being a DK (Not to mention there probably won't be any room in a raiding guild for a DK) so I suggest Warrior.

Oh and also Warriors are just overall awesome :D

Yeah, warriors are awesome. But how *hard* is it for warriors to say reach 2k DPS after hitting lvl 80? Almost all the warriors I've played with have a huge DPS problem.

I can say the exact same thing about DKs. A well played Fury warrior can reach pretty high Dps, but a poorly played one will be pretty crap. Same is with many Dks. The vast majority of Dks I've played with outside my guilds were barely hitting 1500 Dps. It's really all down to the player's skill with the character, not the class.

Personally I think that if a DK can't hit 4k DPS at least once in a boss fight or 2K DPS on trash then there the equivalent of a huntard. I managed both of them with just heroic gear. A DK is so easy to play with really good DPS. And that was with blood spec, probably the worst DPS spec for DK's.

And Warrior's don't do too bad of a job as DPS. But its all about mastering your class, thats why I generally level the same spec I will be when I hit 80, so I have had weeks/months of practice at it.

Somebody is just begging to be stabbed.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

If you are trying to go tank, don't worry about dps. I'm a tank and I am lucky if I break 1.5k DPS. Tanks worry about survivability, not offensive ability.

That said you still need some hit rating and expertise to tank. If you are looking to do some DPS work on a warrior though, I think arms I the way to go right now. Nadril kicked [wagon] on his arms warrior.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Personally I think that if a DK can't hit 4k DPS at least once in a boss fight or 2K DPS on trash then there the equivalent of a huntard. I managed both of them with just heroic gear. A DK is so easy to play with really good DPS. And that was with blood spec, probably the worst DPS spec for DK's.

And Warrior's don't do too bad of a job as DPS. But its all about mastering your class, thats why I generally level the same spec I will be when I hit 80, so I have had weeks/months of practice at it.

Somebody is just begging to be stabbed.

A huntard isn't a class, its the way somone plays a hunter. ;) (I play a hunter btw)

I was always told it was a blanket term to make fun of all hunters. So sorry about that.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

We had a moonkin.

His name was Bacje.

He hit every shadowcrash on Vezax and let him heal for 3M from mark of the faceless on our kill.

He activated 4 clouds on one Yogg fight.

He "died" to a death ray 3 times on one Yogg fight.

He did 1.1k DPS on fights he stayed alive on.

This is a noobkin.

/qq

calciumpixelsigil3.png

If you are trying to go tank, don't worry about dps. I'm a tank and I am lucky if I break 1.5k DPS. Tanks worry about survivability, not offensive ability.

That said you still need some hit rating and expertise to tank. If you are looking to do some DPS work on a warrior though, I think arms I the way to go right now. Nadril kicked [wagon] on his arms warrior.

I wanna be able to tank 5 man heroics. But I want to DPS in raids. That's why I'm wondering about warrior DPS

They're changing the mount system again, and it looks much more awesome, imo.

http://wowvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=52973

For those too lazy to click a link, read the following:

In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.

* Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)

o 60% land mount speed

o Requires level 20

o Cost: 4 gold

o Mount cost: 1 gold

o Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

* Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)

o 100% land mount speed

o Requires level 40

o Cost: 50 gold

o Mount cost: 10 gold

o Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

* Expert Riding (Skill 225)

o 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed

o Requires level 60

o Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)

o Mount Cost: 50 gold

o Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

* Artisan Riding (Skill 300)

o 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed

o Requires level 70

o Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)

o Mount Cost: 100 gold

^_^

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

LEVEL 20s GET MOUNTS SOON?!

S---! Why did I quit back in June 2007 (not that it would matter now...)! :x

Three things that I remembered from that period:

Less QQ MORE PEW PEW (Everyone knows that one.)

Rouges are overpowdered (Old, but clever.)

Oprah Windfury (Noobish and old, but funny at the time.)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

id say the lower prices and levels make me happy, but they don't.

1.makes travel form for druids and shamans worthless.

2.People who already paid full price get jipped. 50 from 520 is too big a drop. People who had to spend an arm and a leg at thier levels to get the training, Excluding pallys, dks, and locks.

wailord.png

id say the lower prices and levels make me happy, but they don't.

1.makes travel form for druids and shamans worthless.

2.People who already paid full price get jipped. 50 from 520 is too big a drop. People who had to spend an arm and a leg at thier levels to get the training, Excluding pallys, dks, and locks.

Pallys still have to pay for epic land mount and training at 60, all be it we can do an extremely long quest line which we save about 200g in total in, but the time it takes makes it pretty redundant as you can easily get 200g within that time.

Quick question for the longer playing players, when the mount price changes do we get the money back which we spent? Only 3 months ago I spent 520 on Epic training, 1000 on flying a month ago and 5k on epic flying this month. With all the reductions being mentioned, a new player is saving roughly 2k if he gets everything at Exalted.

You both act like gold is hard to get.

Yeh its so easy. Ive found an open quick and dirty way of making gold off of my realms auction house and its something i came across accidentally. Now im 3k up in 2 days and setting up a homebrew business off the inscription market :thumbup:

tifsdac6mc.gif