14 February 2007 - Minigame updates

mrmyk

They can keep making all the changes that they want to BA, but it still won't keep the game alive for long until they offer better rewards. I think the only thing that would make this one of the most popular mini-games is to offer nice XP on the Big Gamble, but make it in a random skill.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play BA, and I've yet to try the garden mini-game, I was hoping they would finally fix Castle Wars.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

They've updated BA a lot.

And to be honest...they prolly will still continue to.

As i dont see this "better gambling reward update" bringing more then a few people back into BA (prolly just the ones that had 400 or so points anyways...)

I think it would be safe to say they spent darn near the same amount of time on BA then they did making pest control? So ya alot more updates will prolly continue coming out for BA till its more then worthwhile like PC is (decent cash and fast exp :| )

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

While all these things are nice for BA, i think the only thing which would get people playing it again would be if you got exp for each role.

Attacker would get combat exp (obviously)

Healer - herblore? hp?

Collector - crafting? slayer?

Defender - defence? hunter?

supernovasigst7.jpg

Put this code in your post.

[quote name="RuneScape"]14 February 2007 - Minigame updates

The Barbarian Assault minigame has received a small update today. Those who have been successfully defeating the vile Penance creatures will be please to hear that Commander Connad is now offering even greater rewards than before for anyone who feels brave enough to risk their points in his high-level gamble.

The barbarians are also offering a new way to cash in points to advance your level in the four roles. At the end of a wave, the message scroll now features a button that will let you exchange points for a higher level in the role you have just played. This lets you advance your level without leaving your team-mates to visit Commander Connad.

In addition to these changes, the Sorceress's apprentice is now refusing to let people take pets into the Sorceress's Garden.[/quote]

And that is also for future updates as well since you did not write this. Remember to quote anything you got from anyone or anything or it is considered plagiarizing.

While all these things are nice for BA, i think the only thing which would get people playing it again would be if you got exp for each role.

Healer - herblore? hp?

I could go for that! :D

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Healer - herblore? hp?

I could go for that! :D

no def exp fopr defender... i dont want def exp :wink:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

In addition to what else they did, they "fixed" the censor more... :evil:

Try typing the letter Q ingame at all and you'll see what I mean.

yeah. i noticed. i was trying to talk to someone about the k*....

k*

k

kalphite queen.

#-o

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Took like 4 hours to finish 3 games of Barbarian Assault today, even though it was packed.

Big Gamble results:

117 Uncooked Swords (30K)

12 Dragon Bones (18K)

1 Rune 2-Hander (50K)

Bye-bye, BA. Just different junk. If I'm blowing 4 hours on something when I could be getting XP instead, it really has to be worth it or be so insanely fun I don't mind wasting my time.

BA ain't neither.

Why can't they just do it right?

Wonder what could be better than Dchain..

2 dragon chains, I'd say.

I don't think they put in new armour. Just increased the chance for the better rewards, like the dragon chain.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Actually, according to Mod Paul on the RSOF:

I'd say the change on the gamble rewards the change is mostly that the low end rewards on the high end gamble are more generous. People had commented they were a bit stingy before.

They changed the low-end rewards to be a bit better. And, from my experience, they still appear to be junk (albeit a better class of junk), and not really worth the hour or so you need to get 500 points.

Odds of getting high-end rewards have not changed. You still have next-to-no chance of getting a D-Chain after 500 points.

..i was hoping the castlewars rocks to be updated when i saw title :cry:

aren't they already fixed... :?

well, i think that these updates are small, but needed.

I don't think there's much they could do to persuade me to try BA - it still requires co-operation between RS players...good luck with that...

Besides, if I want a really tiny chance of getting a d-chain or (just maybe) 3rd age armour I'll kill dusties or do treasure trails.

On the other hand, thank @*&$! they banned cats from the gardens. Suddenly I have an enjoyable way to gain thieving xp, and the only thing that was spoiling it was tripping over some fool's cat.

jiggeryqua.png

Actually, according to Mod Paul on the RSOF:

I'd say the change on the gamble rewards the change is mostly that the low end rewards on the high end gamble are more generous. People had commented they were a bit stingy before.

They changed the low-end rewards to be a bit better. And, from my experience, they still appear to be junk (albeit a better class of junk), and not really worth the hour or so you need to get 500 points.

Odds of getting high-end rewards have not changed. You still have next-to-no chance of getting a D-Chain after 500 points.

Perhaps instead of whining and complaining like every 12 year old that rants about something sucking, you should consider that A) It's actually possible to play something because its fun and B) If BA isn't your cup of tea fun-wise, thats your own preference and no one cares if you don't like it and C) It's quite possible that the better rewards are a slight bonus to people that still play BA because they like it and are NOT designed to draw huge crowds back to the game.

Personally, I think the update to assault is great, both in the ability to level up in the waiting room and the better gambling bonuses.

Seriously, why does everyone treat things like it's work? "Oh, i can't belive i worked for 4 hours to get 20 tuna potatoes, BAsucksomg".

14 February 2007 - Minigame updates Next

The Barbarian Assault minigame has received a small update today. Those who have been successfully defeating the vile Penance creatures will be please to hear that Commander Connad is now offering even greater rewards than before for anyone who feels brave enough to risk their points in his high-level gamble.

The barbarians are also offering a new way to cash in points to advance your level in the four roles. At the end of a wave, the message scroll now features a button that will let you exchange points for a higher level in the role you have just played. This lets you advance your level without leaving your team-mates to visit Commander Connad.

In addition to these changes, the Sorceress's apprentice is now refusing to let people take pets into the Sorceress's Garden.

do you have nothing better to do with your life than to constantly try to be the first to post the news?

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

...It's quite possible that the better rewards are a slight bonus to people that still play BA because they like it and are NOT designed to draw huge crowds back to the game...

ROFL. You know what, you're probably right. Jagex designed and updated the game expressly to avoid drawing huge crowds.

I mean, we wouldn't want a large number of people to actually enjoy the mini-game, would we?

You should apply to work at Jagex. With your keen eye for pleasing the customer and keeping players entertained, you're just what we need to ensure a future filled with failed mini-games.

A large number of people do enjoy the minigame. Ever checked out w6?

Unless you actually have numbers of people that play each minigame and then pick a number to define whether a minigame has "failed", then all we have to rely on is your supreme intellect and self generalizations, both of which are about as useful as ski poles in hell.

But hey, you're god of game balancing, aren't you. How about you tell us what they should do to barbarian assault.

The reason BA doesnt give xp is so that pures dont gain unwanted levels. This is easily fixed though by giving the OPTION to exchange points for xp in a given skill (im thinking only combat skills but i guess it could be anything). They did it with PC why not with BA? I am the God of game balancing.

Edit: I think BA was a success anyway as i did nothing but play it for a week, then got bored, but the success was in catching me for a week, after the alure of Barrows wore off ( less than a week) i got bored but i still do Barrows every so often to break up the skilling and for the possibilty of instant millions. I don't do BA because its hard to find a good team and the rewards are poor (i did 3 high gambles and got a rune wc axe, 50ish swordfish and something i cant remember.... :wall: ).

For some of these mini game updates they could of done right away. Like a week later after BA they learned not to have cats in there, you'd think they wouldn't allow cats in the garden too when you do more running. Not trying to be rude to them but it's common sence.

NEXT STEP: BAN CATS FROM ALL THE MINI GAMES AND THE REST OF RUNESCAPE :evil:

Quit RuneScape :)

I'm sorry, but any "mini"-game that can take longer than an hour to complete with dedication and commitment absolutely necessary for players to succeed is doomed to fail; from a RS prospective at least.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.