What Is Your Stand On Rares?

salim123

What Is Your Stand On Rares?

Are they a useless part of runescape or do you think by having one you have achived "the 9th wonder of runescape"?

no one word answers please

i think that rares are a valuable of runescape economy and without them most f2pers and p2pers would have nothing to play for

they are like a gamble you never know when they are going to fall or raise

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you got yours from playing rsc than it shows you've been playing for a long time and you probably got some really high levels. If you bought one then it shows you put a lot of work into rs (maybe too much time :-w ). I think of it as a sign of wealth mostly.

Dudeonthenet.png

Dudeonthenet.png

I'm always buying snapdragon seeds, name your price.

I believe rares are a vital part of the economy, at least since they're already a part of it.

If they were to get rid of rares, prices would most likely skyrocket for the expensive items like TT items and Dragon Armour, basically making more rare-priced items. They may not be as expensive, but I would rather have Holiday Items be uber-expensive than those.

icecube7.jpeg

Why waste hundreds of millions of gp on a hat with no stat boosts.. All it gets you is noob beggers and the occasional "Nice phat" comment. Wow.

I'd rather buy some useful pretty stuff like gilded armor, atleast that protects you, and potentionally replaceable if you die with it.

KingKnight1.jpeg

I myself bought a rare a couple of weeks ago. I had to sell everything in my bank in order to buy this "green mask", i thought it would solve all my problems and help me make millions....

I bought it, I was overjoyed for about an hour.

After the hour, I sold it again, the game was boring....

Went and bought back full guth etc,

ONLY BUY RARES IF YOU HAVE SPARE CASH!

Why waste hundreds of millions of gp on a hat with no stat boosts.. All it gets you is noob beggers and the occasional "Nice phat" comment. Wow.

I'd rather buy some useful pretty stuff like gilded armor, atleast that protects you, and potentionally replaceable if you die with it.

I disagree, masks are 1337. It shows you put time into the game, or that you've played for a while. I love my Green mask even though its just for looks. I guess i just want an cool outfit rather then full dragon. Don't get me wrong, I want full drag, but masks just look so dang cool.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I disagree, masks are 1337. It shows you put time into the game, or that you've played for a while. I love my Green mask even though its just for looks. I guess i just want an cool outfit rather then full dragon. Don't get me wrong, I want full drag, but masks just look so dang cool.

some people like it for the wealth

i personly want a mask

a blue one to be precice its what i got from the drops in classic

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I find them stupid. I want them to all go away or become untradable. Unfortunately, Jagex back in the day did not expect them to be what they are now. They serve no purpose but to show people that you spend too much time, or got lucky to get one, or for someone to brag about how much cooler they are because they just got a Blue Partyhat. I dislike them, I don't hate them though so don't get me wrong.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

I find them stupid. I want them to all go away or become untradable. Unfortunately, Jagex back in the day did not expect them to be what they are now. They serve no purpose but to show people that you spend too much time, or got lucky to get one, or for someone to brag about how much cooler they are because they just got a Blue Partyhat. I dislike them, I don't hate them though so don't get me wrong.

if jagex really wanted to they could make an anoucment that all rares will become untrable in a month

and open a special store only for that month that buyed rares at the current forum price

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I, an most people who want to respond, do not understand the economy well enough to really answer the question properlly. Eh, I'm taking Econ next year :lol: .

Hopefully we've got enough Econ buffs here to have a real discussion :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I think they are a great part of runescape, they are unique and valuable to economy. Frankly I love them.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Well, some people (like me) don't try to brag, we just like they way they are. Its not Jagex's fault they are what they are now. Its like if all the sudden, everyone wants a rune plate, and the prices jump to 90m ea, it's not Jagex's fault. People are just dumb. :XD:

~Saruman

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

but that "nice phat" comment does a lot more to your self esteem than you would think. :D

i have a white, and i just think it's great knowing you have one of the most treasured items in the game (some people don't like them, but they are expensive so people still must want them)

sure, i could buy a barrows set, and a 99 skill or two, but that wouldn't set me apart from a lot of other people.

i like to be different :)

besides phats look awesome.

finished13wi6.png

To me: Skills > rares. I will never consider buying a rare until i have close to all buyable skills 99.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I like rares to a certain extent. Buying one as an investment or goal is a good idea. Buying one so you can be "better" than everyone else is not the right way to go about it.

444 posts :shock:

lalalasig2.png

They are a fairly large part of the Runescape economy. I guess not many people buy them anymore just to have one and wear it...they just want to resell them, hoard them. I'd probably sell my party hat or santa hat if I had one, but I'd wear it around a while and show people the product of my hard work.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I'd probably sell my party hat or santa hat if I had one, but I'd wear it around a while and show people the product of my hard work.

Right there, that's why people have rares. Too bad I can't wear my rare :|

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

I'd probably sell my party hat or santa hat if I had one, but I'd wear it around a while and show people the product of my hard work.

why cant u wear it?

afraid you will lose it?

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

why cant u wear it?

afraid you will lose it?

I might eat it? :P

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

why cant u wear it?

afraid you will lose it?

I might eat it? :P

oh so its a easter or pumpkin

thats smart if it was me i would prob get hit a 1 by a man and start spazzing and eat it

the luck i have :P

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg