General Age on RuneScape!!

Grubbz2K6

Rather offtopic but maybe you should think in the lines of "oh this game is so much fun" rather than "omg I need to be like Zezima/Yogo/anyone high to be good in this game"?

I mean in the end of the day stats really don't matter.

I play this game because it offers fun and builds self esteem by those little goals I set for myself. I definately don't want to become known ingame. Gosh, that would be like... awful. Think about how terrifying it is to play for those real top-notch players. Eek.

Anyway, trust me, this game is for you and for you only. Don't let them get to you. As long as you are happy.

Hey, this goes ontopic too! :P So all of you "grannys and grandpas" out there - the same goes to you. We all rock. Even if all your stats are brand new out of the oven - you rock!

sig.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 16, I pick cabbage on an online game , I have not that uber high stats for playing 3 years, and I am having fun with it. Ive lost my interrest for other peoples opinions a loooong time ago.

Power to the people \'

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Hello. I am 21, 22 very soon.

I get the "nolifer grandma" comment alot.

Nolifer grandma? Hah, I've never heard that one :lol:

I started when I was 12, now I'm 14. I've only been playing for around a year and a half and I still suck at this game. <.<

The same goes for me. :evil:

12 when I started, 14 now. *Points to signature.*

I am 27 years old and own three businesses, married, nice house and nice cars. I played for almost a year and quit when business got too busy and when I started noticing the decline in the players IQ...I might get on for about 20 mins per month now.

I think here at Tip It the average age is going to be higher though than the whole of Runescape.

I feel so old and I am still a teenager (19, not looking forward to being 20). Although, for some reason I think this thread will be locked.

Most likely because it asks a personal question and we can't have that. People could do bad things if they know how old you are. (Not poking fun at the tip.it moderators, just the internet and the way it chooses to interact with people, especially minors).

Yes, but i think mods. will realise that this thread is not actually pointing a big finger at you asking for really in depth personal details.

It weird to find out how many people are over 16 who play, i must just be unlucky and hear affence from the young ones on the game lol

Grubbz2K6 aka ... Nathan

By the time your 25 there may not be a Runescape. Jagex may go under in a couple years.

Jagex is unlikely to go under in the next few years. They're a privately-owned company with a hugely successful product. If they are as smart as they seem to be, they've probably got several other products in development.

Short of a complete collapse of the internet, the global economy, or some really stupid move on their part -- most of which would involve some sort of expensive lawsuit -- there's no reason why Jagex should "go under".

Even if some magic new technology came out tomorrow, it would still take a good while to be implemented and they could use that time to re-engineer Runescape to take advantage of that technology or develop something new.

And to get back on topic: I'm 56, a parent, a step-grandparent, and have been a gamer since the days of Collosal Caves on the PDP-11s. I can't see myself giving up gaming, and until I max out all my skills, I can't see myself leaving Runescape.

hugh_mannity.png

Well I am 43, wouldnt say obsessed but love the game. Started RS Feb 15th 2005, Member by 15th March 2005. Mainly a quester but due to the wait for quest releases have had to concentrate on skills too.

Been a gamer since "Elite" on the Commodore64 but most recently was heavily hooked with "Americas Army Operations" which is a free 1st person shooter. But now quite happy to runescape when time is available.

[cls]Joe90.png

I'm about to be 22 and I'v player RS since 2003. I find lots of older players and dont understand why people insist its made for the 13-16 age range. I also play Americas Army as well. Just stuff to help pass some free time between studying and class.

sig3gk6.png

Darn, I thought I was old. 19 here. And people that state that you have no life if you play RS when over age X shouldn't be taken serious. These kids don't know what they're talking about.

Oh, I started when I was 13 btw.

15 and started this game about 10 months ago

I'll probably quit when I get bored of it...or when my real life gets extremely busy. For now i'll enjoy the free time that i have Even if its not that much compared to others'

1600+ Total 96 Combat

1656th to 99 Firemaking. Completed on March 24 '07

sigov9.png

By the time your 25 there may not be a Runescape. Jagex may go under in a couple years.

OT- I'm 14. Started when I was 9 :D (No i wasn't an immature, noob yelling, fr33 s700f p10x person. I was a "wheres varrock? and I thought that leaving lumbridge would kill me :oops: )

lolz me too

anyways im 14 turning 15 in a couple of days and i started playing RS when i was 13

im always gonna play RS till the very end even if it gets boring for me

i sometimes have 2 months periods of not playing RS

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

I'm 28 and started playing about 2 years ago, quit for awhile but back at it now. Some kid today said that anyone over 16 who plays games has to grow up, to which I politely replied "I'll be playing games until i'm dead".

I'm 15, And I play this game because it's something to do when you're bored and want to have some fun, because I have alot of good friends in it and because it's a challenge.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

That quote about " I will be playing games til i die" that is so true, after all life's a game , you learn to play :thumbup: I love this game, not only is it something to do but its a good challenge, its challenges patience, especially if your a non member, things seem to take longer. I don't know maybes it does.

Grubbz2K6 aka ... Nathan

What i cant get over is that people say " ll you av no life lk nerd"

or somthing like that, when they are higher lvl than you and are doing exactly the same as you are.

Also there is no age limit on the game. For all i care people can play till there 100.

Notfub.png

I was 11 when I started playing, and I'm 14 now. Close to quitting at the moment btw. When I started playing I wasn't immature, but wasn't very good in the game either. After this vacation, I became more politer and I spoke very good English, where for some people respected me. But then, I go to a F2P world. I'm getting insulted because I'm wearing member stuff, because of this, I'm glad that members are more polite against me. Untill I go and kill druids, a pure is training. I just kill some druids when he starts to shout: "Those are my druids. Stay off!" (This lines but then in his pure language.). When I asked for his age, he said he was 10 and was very rich. (He showed me his 100k :shock: Ultimate richness!). This is one of the reasons that I'm quitting this game in 32 days. When you read this all, then you'll get a cookie from a magic person from outher space!(And I'm not English, I'm Dutch, so don't diss my grammar!)).

Why did I type this all!

2j3qh46.jpg

I am 18, and have been playing since '01. I balance my runescape self with my real life self quite well. My cut-off point is whenever I get to 99 in all things F2P. When I get that, I may still play a little now and then to talk to some of my online friends, but that is about it.