UEFA Champions League/Cup - Euro 2008 - Leagues & Cups

Risen_The

So, that's why Rafa spent ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20mill on Torres - we're going for the Carling Cup! :lol:

Seems that way :P Leave one of your best strikers out of PL games then put them in Carling Cup lol. Pretty awesome performance from the Arsenal B team against a Newcastle A team :).

2-0

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth 7 - Reading 4

I think they set a new record for most Premiership goals in one game today. Who says Benjani cant score eh? :wink:

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Am I the only one who can't stand the commentators on ITV1 live coverage. ARH! they drive me insane with their bias views and the stating of the obvious.

Especially when a Roma player was stretched off the turp said something a long the lines of' Oh I think his going to get up in a second' When the player was clearly in pain, and then when Rooney trips 'OMG I hope his okay, we don't want bad news for the Mancs nor for England, thanks god his alright!'

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Am I the only one who can't stand the commentators on ITV1 live coverage. ARH! they drive me insane with their bias views and the stating of the obvious.

Especially when a Roma player was stretched off the turp said something a long the lines of' Oh I think his going to get up in a second' When the player was clearly in pain, and then when Rooney trips 'OMG I hope his okay, we don't want bad news for the Mancs nor for England, thanks god his alright!'

They're not half as bad as Andy Grey on Sky Sports...

Chelsea score a goal, it's the best thing to happen in the game since the mass media.

United score a goal, it's alright. Not good, not bad.

In fact, I seem to remember him saying during the Chelsea vs. Man Utd match that the scoreline wasn't representative of the flow of the game. Well, considering Chelsea has three chances overall, none on target (Van der Saar didn't even touch the ball all match apart from goal kicks), I'd say that's a whole load of cobblers if you ask me.

I've heard worse as well. During a rugby union match between France and some other country, the English commentator, on commenting about an injured French player, said, "He's French, what do I care?". This was on the BBC too. My jaw dropped when I heard that. I know for one that in league that would never be tollerated.

So there's bias all around mate. Trust me, Aussie and American commentors are so much better. It's actual commentary, not sensationalism.

I cant do with most commentators TBH.

FA cup final was the worst last year; "First kick at the new wembley...First throw in at the new wembley...first goal kickat the new wembley, First foul etc etc."

But I know what you mean about Rooney, commentator starts crying when he's on the floor, even though Rooney blatantly dived, as soon as the replays showed that, he just shut up.

Bubs, I don't think Perrin is bad, looking at his record at Troyes and short time at Sochaux he did brilliantly. So he obviously did something right, but oviously has done something wrong everywhere else he has been :uhh:

iteme3721.jpg

I really hope celtic go through :D. shame they got a hard group.

But Rangers :o there group of really bad i mean.. Barca \:D/ Stutgart and Lyon. How Could Lyon lose 3-0 like that :(

Now rangers will get through and Celtic wont :(

However in euro 08 c'mon Scotland :thumbsup: i mean double over FRANCE, how unbelievable is that. We should hopefully beat Ukraine sadly no chance against Italy, but if we get through wow i will be happy

Rangers 3 - Lyon 0. Rangers were really impressive last night. It's a hard task to beat Lyon at home, nevermind doing it so in such a convincing way. Juninho threatened now and then (from a free kick and a shot from about 20 yards which both hit the woodwork) but apart from than Lyon were surprisingly poor at making clear cut chances.

Celtic 2 - AC Milan 1. Tonight Celtic did so well against the odds. The fought for every lose ball and stopped Milan playing their game. Shocking decision from the referee to give the penalty but justice was done when McDonald scored.

Scottish Football is taking on everyone right now, lets hope it continues :D .

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

Can't believe Celtic won, but what was the AC goalie doing? The fan runs past and does what seems to be a light slap on him. The goalie runs for a bit then decides "Meh, lets pretend to be injured, that'll take the spotlight off me letting in the goal". He then has to be put on a stretcher with an ice pack for nothing.... :evil: :evil:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Can't believe Celtic won, but what was the AC goalie doing? The fan runs past and does what seems to be a light slap on him. The goalie runs for a bit then decides "Meh, lets pretend to be injured, that'll take the spotlight off me letting in the goal". He then has to be put on a stretcher with an ice pack for nothing.... :evil: :evil:

The fan didn't even hit Dida in the face. The guy shouldn't have been on the pitch but all he did was tap Dida across the chest, Dida even ran after him for a few seconds before it dawned on him that he could milk the minimal contact to take the attention off of his error and to get some added injury time, he looked as pathetic as Rivaldo did when he pretended he'd been shot in the face by the ball that hit him in the leg during a world cup game (2002 i think). Dida should be ashamed when he looks back at his antics and his performance.

wild_bunch.gif

Irrelevant. If Celtic can't control their fans with stewards, they shouldn't be in Europe's premier competition. Period.

An absolute disgrace.

Sour grape? :P
iteme3721.jpg

But liverpool has got the best fans in the world, so that won't happen soon. ;)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Bubs, if the guy had run onto the pitch to attack Dida, I would 100% agree with you, but he just ran on and celebrated, making the slightest of contact with Dida.

Even the Milan players and staff have said that the result should not be reversed.

They should just be charged with failing to control supporters and a fine.

I don't really know where you are coming from with this. :?

iteme3721.jpg

I admit, I was being a bit extreme, but that's mainly to do with my frustration. You see all these sporting gestures recently, Forest Leicester and the free goal, moves to eradicate bullying of the referee and all this, and you think, "Hey, maybe the players are getting their act together" and then some mug in Scotland, who have done so well in re-establishing their force in football, both in Europe and Internationally, goes ahead and reminds us the other big problem in the sport: Idiot fans.

To be honest, I don't think Celtic should be punished as harshly, but to say it's a minority of fans is ambiguous, it's a growing population and it ruins the game. I do think, however, they should have to play a few games behind closed doors.

So sorry, I was speaking in hyperbole before, but I hope you see my reasoning.

Just read Carrick broke his elbow, and will be out for 6 weeks :wall:

Hargreaves also injured, and Fletcher aswell. Not much choice in centre mid #-o

Anderson, the new brazilian looked sharp on Tuesday, well he only played a few minutes, but still he did well. Maybe he'll be able to get his first real shot in the first team, I'm sure he's capable of playing central mid!

Ted661991.png

Ted661991.png

It was a light touch on the neck. He runs after him for 3 strides then goes "I'm not gonna catch him", then milks it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You see all these sporting gestures recently, Forest Leicester and the free goal, moves to eradicate bullying of the referee and all this...

Oh, you mean, sportsmanship? You know, that exists in every other sport apart from football it seems. I'd hardly call it "all these sporting gestures either". A few exceptions to a rule don't make a trend, and the Forest thing was done under incredibly extreme circumstances. Cheating in the form of diving and melodrama is so rampent in football, it's almost seen as acceptable. Then you expect the same fans watching that to follow ground rules? You can hardly say there are effective moves to eradicate bullying of the referee either, when you still see John Terry physically trying to stop the referee sending his teammate off in the United game.

There is only one way you are ever going to get rid of idiotic fans. Ban them. Because it is actually noticeable trend. In Rugby League, a player gets injured, we applaud them and clap them off the pitch, regardless of their alligence to whatever team. We actually shun fans like St. Helens have, who are there simply to aggrovate the other team, not get behind their own. In general, our fans are more tolerant, and there's only ever been one incident of crowd trouble in our entire history.

Hey presto, it was the Hull derby. Noticeable how Hull doesn't have a particularly big football team, so I wonder where all those fans go?

Face it, idiotic fans have become a part of football. If you took every idtiotic fan out of football, there wouldn't be anywhere as many left as before. It's not in any club's interest to get rid of these fans.