28 October 2008 - Hallowe'en Event and Quest

chris1216

Maggie, a travelling witch, has come to southern Asgarnia for the holiday festivities, but she's in a bit of a spot. She needs an enchanted broom to finish her potion but her ox has a cold and can't be left alone. In Swept Away, you'll need to visit several nearby witches on Maggie's behalf and solve a few puzzles along the way.

While you're in the neighbourhood, why not try out the Holiday Event: a bit of trick-or-treating in Draynor, Rimmington and Port Sarim. The towns are decked out in holiday décor and the villagers have treats to distribute to those wearing a suitable costume. If you're interested in some holiday garb, have a chat with Maggie: she's on the look-out for someone who can do a bit of trick-or-treating on her behalf.

Swept Away can be started by talking to Maggie, who is located south of Falador and east of the Crafting Guild. The quest will be available to all players for two weeks; after this time, it will only be available to members. The Hallowe'en decorations and trick-or-treating will only be available during the same holiday period. Any treats remaining in your bank or inventory after this time will disappear after Hallowe'en.

A large number of sound effects and changes to sound effects have been added, especially to capes and the skillcape emotes.

Human animations have been extensively modified to stop players appearing to glide around. You should also notice less 'clipping' with items like capes and armour when performing various actions or using emotes.

When you're dismissing a familiar, you can now right-click on the 'Dismiss' button. This will let you skip the confirmation screen, making it easier to dismiss the familiar during combat.

Fairy rings now have a larger clickable area. Previously, it was quite small and potentially difficult to click on, so we've enlarged it to make your journeys quicker.

Adding items to fill up compost bins should now be considerably easier. When you've used one item on the bin, your character will automatically attempt to put any further items of that type into the bin, saving you a bit of clicking.

Metarialus and Blandebir (the brewing chaps in Port Phasmatys and Keldagrim) will now offer to fill all your pots with yeast at once rather than making you go through their conversation for each pot. Using one beer glass on a barrel of freshly brewed beer will also make your character attempt to fill all their beer glasses without any additional clicking, and there's a newly installed water source in the brewery at Port Phasmatys.

Bounty Hunter Combat levels have been updated to reflect recent Combat level changes. The crater entrance requirements are now: 3-55, 50-100 and 95+ (all without Summoning).

Dragon dagger p++ should now be easier to find on the Grand Exchange. We've also taken the opportunity to change some adamant items to use "addy" at the start. This is only for the super poisoned items, namely arrows, daggers and spears.

QuickChat has now been given a predictive search feature to allow you to find the phrases you want more effectively.

A distant rumble has recently been heard just north of Baxtorian Waterfall...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippee! Hope the rewards aren't something like that silly hat with a red nose!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

What does this mean? For all we know, the mith dragon dungeon is nearby and there is a door that wont open...

EDIT!!!: I am just doing a hellhound task in the "members dungeon" and a Guardian of Armadyl came and gave me a paper, will post back what it is about.

What does this mean? For all we know, the mith dragon dungeon is nearby and there is a door that wont open...

I think it has something to do with the upcoming quest. Personally this sentence is the most interesting of the whole update, lol. Auto-filling of compost bins is nice aswell.

I think it has something to do with the upcoming quest. Personally this sentence is the most interesting of the whole update, lol. Auto-filling of compost bins is nice aswell.

WOW FORESHADOWING

open that mith door!

Dragon Drops:

2 D Spears(fire giants and shadow warriors), 2 D skirt, D Legs

Barrows Drops:

Guthan Plate(first Trip EVER)

0__r4n_g3r_0.png

Huge news.

Just teled to barb outpost, a guardian of Armadyl appeared and handed me a letter.

In summary-

Idria (leader of the guardians of armadyl) is writing to tell me that Lucien has found another route to the staff of armadyl. Movario, a treasure hunter, may have helped him.

"I wish you well and advise you to be on guard against Lucien's machinations".

Yours most respectfully,

Idria

EDIT!!!: I am just doing a hellhound task in the "members dungeon" and a Guardian of Armadyl came and gave me a paper, will post back what it is about.

:shock:

Give news.

Yeah the baxtorian waterfall > halloween, although I will enjoy some RS tricking. \'

Duckie_Wins.png

Whats the reward?

(LOL...I am writing this from school...hope the teach don't catch me...)

Otherwise...sounded kinda childish...but will give me something to do on F2P since I got bored with PvP...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Okay, the paper from the guard of Armadyl now:

"Alas, I regret to inform you of a dire situation, which I know you worked hard to prevent. My name is Idria. I am a leader, of sorts, of the Guardians of Armadyl. I realise that you made a supreme effort in preventing Lucien from gaining the staff of Armadyl.

Please accept my gratitude for your efforts in this endeavour, however, it seems that the resourceful Lucien has found another route to our beloved treasure. We believe a certain treasure hunter by the name of Movario had something to do with this, but, ofcourse, there is no proof.

For my own part, I wish you well and advise you be on your guard against Lucien's machinations.

Yours most respectfully,

Idria."

Got an idea. It says that Lucien found a new route. Maybe the new route is the sealed door?

Just a wild guess.

I think I am going to do a couple vids of me doing the haloween event...Just to frame the memory....

Anywho...I'll play after school...got about four or five hours left... Cannot wait...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Just tried the mithril door, nothing.

EDIT: come to world 151 ancient cavern, ground floor south. Previously unclimbable wall is now climbable.

What is there beyond the wall?

Dragon Drops:

2 D Spears(fire giants and shadow warriors), 2 D skirt, D Legs

Barrows Drops:

Guthan Plate(first Trip EVER)

0__r4n_g3r_0.png

Just tried the mithril door, nothing.

EDIT: come to world 151 ancient cavern, ground floor south. Previously unclimbable wall is now climbable.

But there are onlz 3 metallic dragon heads:S Nothing else...:S