28 October 2008 - Hallowe'en Event and Quest

chris1216

A bit confused... Can non-members get the broom enchanted?

Also can you get the broom back after Hallowe'en? when destroyed, it says I can get another from Maggie...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: great job jagex !!! i think u done great this time !!!! the reward doesn't seem to be any gd but this is still the best event jagex came up with in a long time !

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

who to get event candy from (I'm afraid I do not know who originally posted this or if our crewbie got the names himself):

[hide=spoilers - who gives event candy]Wrapped candy: Betty (the rune shop owner in Rimmington), Klarense (on the docks), Brian (axe shop owner), Hetty (the witch in Rimmington), Aggie (Draynor witch)

Popcorn ball: Grum (the necklace shop owner in Rimmington), Wydin (the food shop owner), Seaman Lorris (on the docks), Ahab (in the pub), Longbow Ben (in the pub), Shop assistant and shopkeeper (in Rimmington shop), Brian (Arrow shop owner in Rimmington), Diango (marketplace in Draynor), Fortunato (wine seller in Draynor)

Chocolate drop: Gerrant (the fishing shop owner in Rimmington), Jack seagull (in the pub), Rommik (Crafting shop in Rimmington), Miss Schism (Draynor), Ned (rope man in Draynor) Redbeard Frank (on the docks)[/hide]

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I am wondering the same thing... :-k

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Off the top of my head, no, since all of the enchanters are in p2p areas, except for maybe the sorceress's apprentice, who i doubt is accessible in f2p.

Off the top of my head, no, since all of the enchanters are in p2p areas, except for maybe the sorceress's apprentice, who i doubt is accessible in f2p.

Well I know that the ones in members areas are obviously not accessible but Al Kharid is accessible, I simply have no clue what "sorceress's apprentice" is.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Dude, it's simple really: only if you helped the Guardians of Armadyl you get a message. They won't send you something after you've murderded a couple of their people and sided with their arch-nemesis! The guard YOU saw was just someone elses', gaving him/her a message. I've seen a couple too, delivering to others (I got one myself too).

As for the Mysterious Stairs in the Ancient Cavern; those dragonheads, anvils and trenches in the floor look like it's a forge of some kind. Probably lava will flow out of the Dragon's mouth, into the 'bath', and when it overflows it'll flow through the trenches to other pipes or whatever. That's why the anvils are so close to it, it's useful for Smithing.

f29d1h.png

And yeah, I think the Dragonkin and therefore the Dragon metal will be involved. Some of the Ancient Pages you uncover in the cavern talk about the Kin, and they DO have something to do with creating the Mithril Dragons (and the whole cave, for that matter). Anyway, this forge looks too spectacular to be 'just' any forge, and who ever uses lava for Smithing? (besides TzHaar :shame: )

And don't forget the message of the bottom of this update: A distant rumble has recently been heard just north of Baxtorian Waterfall...

'Distant' means underground, allthough the section of the Ancient Cavern behind the Mystery Stairs is located south of the main section...

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Some pictures of experience giving extras:

Stews are Your Level x 10. I used all 10 on Slayer and got 9,500 Slayer Exp.

081028121930cu5.png

Then, if you take the broom to different locations you can get it enchanted for extra magic exp. Also, if you take it to the witch's apprentice in al kharid she will enchant it to be able to teleport you to the sorcoress' garden an unlimited amount of times.

081028124733ih2.png

081028124832vd2.png

081028125109yu2.png

081028125405vp4.png

My Magic Level is 96. I don't know if that matters in the exp you get, though you need 93 Magic to get ALL the bonuses.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Well I know that the ones in members areas are obviously not accessible but Al Kharid is accessible, I simply have no clue what "sorceress's apprentice" is.

The sorceress's apprentice does not appear in f2p worlds. :( Just checked. Also, does anyone know how to get the broom to 'operate'? Ever time i try it, it just says "You have not yet learned how to do this" or something like that.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

also you can other rewards [hide=reward]Take the broom to al kharid (teleport to sorceress's garden), pollnivneach (1997 magic xp), slayer tower (7139 magic xp), lunar island and with 93 mage to the underground pass.[/hide]

If this is for various witches around Runescape, there are a few that have been missed so far. There's a witch in Draynor (Aggie), a witch in Rimmington (from Witch's Potion Quest) and one in the Temple of Ikov (Teleports you across the water).

I can't check them out because I'm stuck at work...

also you can other rewards [hide=reward]Take the broom to al kharid (teleport to sorceress's garden), pollnivneach (1997 magic xp), slayer tower (7139 magic xp), lunar island and with 93 mage to the underground pass.[/hide]

If this is for various witches around Runescape, there are that have been missed so far. There's a witch in Draynor (Aggie), a witch in Rimmington (from Witch's Potion Quest) and one in the Temple of Ikov (Teleports you across the water).

Aggie and the Rimmington witch don't work, just checked.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

If this is for various witches around Runescape, there are that have been missed so far. There's a witch in Draynor (Aggie), a witch in Rimmington (from Witch's Potion Quest) and one in the Temple of Ikov (Teleports you across the water).

Aggie and the Rimmington witch don't work, just checked.

Maggie tells you which specific witches give you exp. You can't just go to any old witch.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Go south of Al-Kharid, towards Shantay past. Don't get into the pass, just go east when you reach the border of the desert. Find a house with a range icon, she's there in P2P, and I'm fairly sure in F2P too.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Go south of Al-Kharid, towards Shantay past. Don't get into the pass, just go east when you reach the border of the desert. Find a house with a range icon, she's there in P2P, and I'm fairly sure in F2P too.

No, she's not. Unless she wandered far enough to be off the mini-map, the only thing there in f2p is two little spiders.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

No, she's not. Unless she wandered far enough to be off the mini-map, the only thing there in f2p is two little spiders.

I can confirm she's not there.

[404] Signature not found.

Does anybody know what eating the candy does?

Nothing. Well, I assume it heals you, but nothing special.

how can i get exp in a skill of choice?

something with the stew,i dont get it :oops:

After you finish the event, Maggie gives you a bowl and tells you to help yourself to the stew she made. Use the bowl with the stew and drink. Repeat nine times.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Great event and quest, I just can't do the second version of the animal puzzle. Any tips?

Also, don't say "Do it like a sliding puzzle", because I can't do sliding puzzles, I hate them :(

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.