27th May - Dungeon maps and spam filter

Arthu

Ever since we launched the world map there have been suggestions that dungeons should be incorporated into it. As Mod Ash pointed out in his world map update Development Diary, this was not as easy as it sounds, but we think it was worth the effort, and will make navigation underground easier. Also, you can now toggle the You Are Here button on and off, in case it obscures information on the world map you want to read, and the search feature on the world map has been improved so you can find the places you search for more easily.

Our next update is a spam filter, which will relieve your chat window from repeated messages such as you swing your pick at the rock. We trawled through the principal skill-training activities and flagged over 2,700 messages that will now be filtered out as spam. To activate this function, just right-click on the game tab under the chat window and select filter game. Dont worry about missing out on important feedback from the game; messages like you are horribly burnt by the dragons fire (in case you are fighting dragons without the proper equipment) will still get through.

We have made graphical improvements to the leprechauns, hitsplats, and the Hitpoint bar - just a few of the graphical improvements that we continue to do alongside updates to the game. You might also notice that the Hitpoint bars of monsters with more than 200 Hitpoints have been extended, but dont worry - they havent been given any more Hitpoints! This is just to help you see more clearly how many Hitpoints a monster youre fighting has. The leprechauns have also been moved closer to their Farming patches.

Last but not least we have made a change to the free world by removing most of the options that lead to members-only content, such as pickpocketing, agility shortcuts, members quests and more, in order to make the free game what it should be: a great game in its own right, and not a demo for the members game. None of these features will be removed from the members game, however.

Enjoy, whether as a free player or a member.

Mod Fetzki

Head of RuneScape

[hide=Patch notes]Due to the amount of actual game upgrades and their nature, there are only a few extra bug fixes this week. We've fixed many other issues and hopefully there'll be more along with the next update. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

* Some of the creatures in the God Wars Dungeon will no longer allow 'AFK' training.

* If you die to a monster on a PvP or Bounty World and the hero and other attackers are further than 15 squares away, you'll drop your items and be able to pick them up again similar to a normal death.

* Fixed an issue with the super fishing explosive from Kennith's Concerns that wouldn't let you make it if your Herblore level was higher than required.

* The Fight Arena quest has been significantly improved.

* Resolved an issue in the Summoning skill in which the code didn't correctly handle situations where you may not have had a follower.[/hide]

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.

[hide=Patch notes]Due to the amount of actual game upgrades and their nature, there are only a few extra bug fixes this week. We've fixed many other issues and hopefully there'll be more along with the next update. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

* Some of the creatures in the God Wars Dungeon will no longer allow 'AFK' training.

* If you die to a monster on a PvP or Bounty World and the hero and other attackers are further than 15 squares away, you'll drop your items and be able to pick them up again similar to a normal death.

* Fixed an issue with the super fishing explosive from Kennith's Concerns that wouldn't let you make it if your Herblore level was higher than required.

* The Fight Arena quest has been significantly improved.

* Resolved an issue in the Summoning skill in which the code didn't correctly handle situations where you may not have had a follower.[/hide]

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Props to Jagex! ::' Awesome. Can anyone post a picture of the new hit splats, hitpoint bar and leprechauns? I can't get on the game atm.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Their update is such a bunch of glorified patch notes that they don't even have any real patch notes to add.

I laugh at their failure. :lol:

Now everyone go back to what you were doing before you got your hopes up for something fun to do. -.-

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

intro1q.jpg

Trying to find a bigger pic without logging in. Light blue 0's? :o

The curve look to the HP bar looks nice.

Lame.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Their update is such a bunch of glorified patch notes that they don't even have any real patch notes to add.

I laugh at their failure. :lol:

Now everyone go back to what you were doing before you got your hopes up for something fun to do. -.-

This is a great upgrade week... wtf are you whining about now...

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'm loving the new hitpoints bar and hitsplats...Great stuff \'

No, it looks awful. I mean the old one was basic, but this looks both generic and cheesy. I feel like I'm playing Mortal Kombat on my SNES with this crap.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Eww I don't like the new Hp bar, but the 0 splat is cool (looks like a shield)

Maps are cool too, but some will be hard to use like waterbirth... (Jagex=genius btw, they added the maps as different parts)

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Spam filter : :thumbup:

Dungeon maps : :thumbup:

Hp bar: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It looks awfull :S. Like something out of Dragon ball z.

s652yx.jpg

I'm loving the new hitpoints bar and hitsplats...Great stuff \'

No, it looks awful. I mean the old one was basic, but this looks both generic and cheesy. I feel like I'm playing Mortal Kombat on my SNES with this crap.

You kill Jagex in your sig, you say you're retired, yet your whining that the update is lame and not worthy of your approval. If you want to do something about the quality of the updates you have to stop paying a company money to disappoint you.

britonlongbo.png