27th May - Dungeon maps and spam filter

Arthu

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when they give good updates I won't trash them. I didn't criticise Tales of the Muspah, Missing My Mummy, Soul Wars, fixing the run lag issue, and haven't crushed the dungeon maps either. I pointed out that I won't use them. The HP bar however I think is making my colon bleed. And I have no interest or desire in garnering attention to myself. And I'm only playing until my membership runs out.

But I'll make sure to hang around the boards and call Jagex out on the crap they are spewing forth into the game just for you.

its... a Hitpoints bar. come on, enough with the drama queen

as for the updates, I like 'em! The look goes better with R00nscape in hi-def, and I've been waiting for dungeon maps anyway. spam filter cool, and uh, dont give too much a care about leprechauns, but from what I've heard its good

signature.png

I'll get used to it.

I just wish the colours were a little darker.

Improved funcoinality is always good.

Pretty nice update in my eyes.

Another note:

Me_Hate_libs, quite complaining about EVERYTHING that Jagex does... Honestly, are you ever satisfied with anything? Or are you just another one of those people who wishes to lay in a pool of nostalgia for "The good old days" for the rest of your life?

2Xeo5.png

been killing nechs for about 10 mins. and im used to the new bar. just looked at the old one quickly and yeah it does look like ms paint. :thumbdown:

So when do the riots for this update start?? :P

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

One of the best updates so far in 2009.!

HP bar :thumbup:

Dungeon maps :thumbup: :thumbup:

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Quite a nice update

The dungeon maps will be useful

I find the HP bar to be a little strange, but it's nice to look at

Haven't had a chance to try the spam filter though

profile_msn.gif [email protected] | RSN: Wertyuiopa2

37gn7.png

Ex-Adelais

FTusertrans.png

PM me to join the experienced, relaxed, F2P Community

This year has had very few things that I find interesting. I own a quest cape (something I really enjoy), all my stats are 70+ (mining being an exception), have 99 crafting as well as a few other 99s, I have 'completed' all the miniquests, I have unlocked every area in the game, have been boss hunting, perfected farm runs, know more about this game than I do my job...

I was where you're at now back in like 06, early 07 on my main. I couldn't stand not having anything new to do, nothing repetitive that was still exciting or fun. Every often I'd get an urge to do something but it would quickly fade away. Then I made a pure, somewhat enjoyed it, then I joined a team, enjoyed it immensely, then I joined a clan and it was the excitement I needed to play Runescape every so often.

pretty much completed all that it has to offer at the moment outside of grinding. PvP updates for this game are lost on me because the combat system is severely lacking anything close to skill and as such offer little excitement for me.

Basically go join a clan whether it be a main or a pure one, but clans make all the difference. Solo pking is repetitive and boring. Clan pking in 20vs20, 60vs60 or higher scrims is just excellent for the mind to be honest. Give it a go?

-----

HP Bar owns. New splashes, ftw.

Everything else: Good fight Tip.It on your hard work. Nice dungeon map. :)

(As in Jagex is making all of Tip.It's hard efforts useless, next we'll see a combat calculator, a max hit calculator on their website...lol)

Dungeon Map update is good.

Skilling spam filter is even better.

Not sure about new HP bar, I think i'd like it better if it was the same size as before. The graphic update on it is much much better though.

2v8sgvs.png

God people like to moan.

All the updates are OK, nothing ground breaking but all useful.

HP Bar is better.

Splats are splats. As long as they say how much I hit, or were hit I'm cool.

Dungeon maps are awesome if you need to know where things are. Lets not forget we are not all experienced players. I got lost and died in a dungeon when I was a noob as I couldn't find the exit. This would have saved me.

Spam filter is the big one for me. You have cut a teak log, You have a cut a teak log. Grr shut up already. Big thumbs up for that.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Leprechauns already changed once in the last year...

How many times they going to change them while things like trolls and hobgoblins never get updated?

At this rate it will take 2 consecutive years of "update years" to correct all the mistakes in the game from 08 alone!

I see no reason to login again anytime soon, let alone pay them a dime.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Everything else: Good fight Tip.It on your hard work. Nice dungeon map. :)

(As in Jagex is making all of Tip.It's hard efforts useless, next we'll see a combat calculator, a max hit calculator on their website...lol)

Yes, we foresaw this. It's a shame really, of course it's a good update which will improve the gameplay a lot, but I think we'll lose a bit of traffic. You guys also have no idea how horrible and time wasting it is to make a good dungeon map.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I like the new 0 splat. :mrgreen:

49345067.png

Energy shields need T3h Laz0rs to be pierced! Next skill- Laz0ring!

Ontopic:

Anyone tried the new hp bar out for PvP?

:twss:

Also, the REAL RS MAP topic isn't lost yet, the map Jagex made isn't REAL map, it's just conjunctions of different parts of the dungeons, most of the things on same page in there are actually far-far apart, and OUR SUPERB topic makes the Jagex's pitiful attempt into nothingness [/optimism]

EDIT: Oh, I mistake the thing... You ment the dungeon maps not the real map -.- ... Well then, Good Fight indeed...

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

How typical that leprechauns are now closer to patches, just as I stop training farming :wall:.

Love these updates though, the new splats especially. And FINALLY a chat filter. How I have been waiting for this! Well done Jagex :thumbup:.

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

newpois.png

not so sure about poison, a bit difficult to see.

Anyone got disease?

:o Poison looks leet IMO.

Looks so much like Nightmare_Remains.jpg from Guildwars lol. :lol:

Pretty good update I'd say. :thumbup:

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

It's a shame really, of course it's a good update which will improve the gameplay a lot, but I think we'll lose a bit of traffic. You guys also have no idea how horrible and time wasting it is to make a good dungeon map.

I'll still consult Tip.it before entering an unfamiliar area -- there's still lots of value-added to Tip.it's maps that Jagex never will provide (such as keys and the like).

punitivedsig.png

the problem is the hp bar and splats dont fit in too well, they look too.... good for the rest of the game :-#

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

the reason why some people might not be liking it is because they arent using HD. i think it fits more better with the HD rather than the SD..also can anyone check what monsters are now un-afkable in GWD? just too see whether or not i should put my guide down(finally :P)

EDIT: also i was wondering how te HP bar fits in with pking..as in is it easy to know when to spec or is just a blind man's game now?

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

I like the new 0 splat. :mrgreen:

49345067.png

Does that mean that there is a visible difference between hitting 0 and missing now? If so =D> Doesn't really matter much, but I always wanted that little update.

EDIT: Also, SPAM FILTER WOOT!!! I was waiting for them to add tab features to the game tab for ages, but this should work just as well. There was nothing really exceptional this update, but I'd like to see what people think up to complain about...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20