27th May - Dungeon maps and spam filter

Arthu

Hp bars are terrible. They look like jagex tried to make them 3d but failed. And even though they're about twice as long, on higher hp monsters you still can't tell when it's fully red how much hp it exactly has.... They overlap somewhat too depending on the camera angle, which is extremely aggravating imo. Just looks bad overall.

Only plus on them is poison effect looks better.

Lagatag.png

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still haven't added a way to differentiate your hits and other people's hits. They should do that.

And did they fix the "red bar" thing? If not, that should've been bundled with this.

But overall, very nice job.

I don't think tip.its maps were a waste. Aside from the years of pain and suffering we all would have had to endure without them, you chaos tunnels map is still better. Yours shows where the portals go allowing me to plan routes rather than getting in there and guessing.

Last but not least we have made a change to the free world by removing most of the options that lead to members-only content, such as pickpocketing, agility shortcuts, members quests and more, in order to make the free game what it should be: a great game in its own right, and not a demo for the members game. None of these features will be removed from the members game, however.
Now if only they would remove members only spells from f2p...

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

hp bar: :thumbup: I'll get used to improved quality.

splashes: :thumbup: Like the slash through the 0's, I'll get used to the improved quality.

dungeon maps: :thumbup:

no more ork campers: :thumbup:

leprachauns: :thumbup:

I like the idea of spam filter but doesn't work at pyramid plunder :(

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

2lxt4oz.jpg

Maybe I should bring my hippie digger next time I visit Birmhaven.

lol just saw this, the leprachaun looks like a tranny lol

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

PENGUINSSSS.png

Penguins are watching us from their submarine.

Holy! :o

looks more like a buoy to me

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

While all the updates look "better," I still always prefer the original RS2 graphics before all the graphical updates. The new graphics look too childish and awkward to me. Then again, I'm just nostalgic

EDIT: Yeah, this is exactly the kind of weird-[wagon] [cabbage] that I'm talking about lol

77yLQy8.png

Nostalgia is bad for you.

Even though I've been playing since around the end of Classic and during the dawn of RuneScape 2, I prefer these newer graphics. It torments me when people claim that these make RuneScape look childish, when it has always been childish and non-serious looking: the way I like it..

songokusigtif.png

Best update in a long time. I love the dungeon map update, very handy.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I like the new 0 splat. :mrgreen:

49345067.png

I hate to be nit-picky but doesn't that 0 look slightly off centered? I may be wrong but it looks so to me.

If it is, blame Jagex. The only thing I edited on there is the transparent blue color around the shield.

If Jagex removed red barring, people would rant about it not being there anymore.

Since they kept it added, people rant about it being there. #-o

I like the new 0 splat. :mrgreen:

49345067.png

I hate to be nit-picky but doesn't that 0 look slightly off centered? I may be wrong but it looks so to me.

If it is, blame Jagex. The only thing I edited on there is the transparent blue color around the shield.

If Jagex removed red barring, people would rant about it not being there anymore.

Since they kept it added, people rant about it being there. #-o

i think some people just get their jollies by complaining about anything and everything *ahem* me_hate_libs *ahem*

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

HP Bar & hit-splats look beautiful with HD, the old one didn't really suite the improved graphics. ::'

Spam filter, that ought to shut some people up. However, some players still HAVE to complain. It's like a fetish to them or something. :?

Dungeon maps, cool. Useful for getting to the TzHaar bank after using the fairy ring (I always get lost).

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Im liking the updates. My only thoughts about it is if they were going to update the hp they should have gotten rid of red barring. I was on a dust devils task last night and they dont have that much hp and even they will be fully red when they still have 3 hp left. I think even 4hp shows up as a red bar for them also. But definitely 3 hp did a bunch of times. But unless red barring is something they want to keep in the game idk why they didnt remove it with the update. But i give :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: on all 4 of the parts of the update.

1) Dungeon maps and 'you are here'

Seeing as I have (mostly) memorized the placement of important landmarks and so I don't run into the you are here enough to find it annoying, this is a m'eh. Neat for new areas... if they're added.

2) Chat filter

SQUEE -- oh. it's not a obscenity filter. -.- D'arvit!

(a little later, after logging in and switching to 'filter')

I almost miss them...

3) Graphical updates and shorter chains for the leps

TAKE THE BLACK OUTLINE OFF! The shield looks weird... the damage splat doesn't look like a splat anymore~! Change it baaaack! poison ish cool, disease too. Hmm I'll have to go play Soul Wars and go see how long the bars are for the Avatars.

Ahahahahaa those weird leprechauns. And thank j00 for shortening their leashes.

4) M'eh cool. I'll go check it out later -- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YES IT IS NOT A *BLEEP*ING DEMO! Kinda boring after you finish all the quests and have rune stuff and aren't one of those insane people who want to get all f2p 99s before going to members (and then have like 15 skill capes (is is 15 f2p skills?) already in the bag when you finally switch over)... BUT IT IS NOT A *BLEEP*ING DEMO.

5)...

Will do!

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

the new hitpoints bar and splats are downright ugly. they look like something out of a cartoon, making the game look even more unrealistic. it reminds me of pokemon...

also i love how they took all the members text and stuff out of f2p. i remember mmg talking in the beginning of the year about how they were going to make changes to f2p to make it less of a demo. i was thinking they would actually give f2p something usefull for a change. boy was i wrong. my respect for jagex is now kaput. :evil:

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009