Tip.It Times Presents: Letters to the Editor 17 June 2007

MPM

The first Tip.It Times with Letters to the Editor has been released. Feel free to discuss what you read among each other.

Letters to the Editor (17-Jun-2007)

Dear Editor, Before i begin, Ooooooohh!! who is this mysterious editor. (Goes to remove hood, gets slapped in the wrist) Ouch!, sorry. Anyway now on to the subject at hand. I e...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember! You can now write a Letter to the Editor if you have some thoughts to share about this article! Selected letters will be published in the Times' usual space on the main website during those weeks that no Tip.It Times article is being published.

For more information on writing a letter to the Editor, please visit this forum topic.

~M

Ah great! I was looking for somthing to read and these new letter type thingys will fill that patch!

Welcome this would be your first times post? I hope to see many more :)

Just to bring up the point of Rants vs compliments...... in any business there are mroe peopel complaining when somthing is done wrong then there are people saying "well done" when somthing is fantastic!

It is nothing new, infact Jagex actually do quite well and the compliments forum is quite well used.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I've never understood these letters; what's the difference between sending a letter to the Editor and writing a guest article?

A letter to the editor normally deals directly with something that the editor wrote(comments, thoughts, ideas). A guest article is an editorial that isn't written by the editor.

~M

a loving tipit-hug to primadog^^ may tip.it become an example for others to follow.

to free steel: Everywhere in this world, in everyday life, people find it easier to rant than to compliment. There will always be players who have a disadvantage from an update,as long as there are players that is.

Letters to the editor :thumbsup: sumthing like postbag from the hedge, but with less fantasy :D

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I've never understood these letters; what's the difference between sending a letter to the Editor and writing a guest article?

A letter to the editor normally deals directly with something that the editor wrote(comments, thoughts, ideas). A guest article is an editorial that isn't written by the editor.

So if I want to write a letter to the Editor it has to be about something he has already written about?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

So if I want to write a letter to the Editor it has to be about something he has already written about?

Pretty much. Either something they have all ready written about, or some thoughts you have had because of them. However, if you want to write an editorial, you can do that as well, but there won't be a guarentee that it will be published.

~M

If I understand that correctly, then it appears that somehow all those illegal stuff is acceptable in our community, as long as the victim is below certain IQ, or that if the victim is below certain IQ, him/her deserve none of our sympathy.

I was recently scammed. I made a mistake. Forgot to check the 2nd Trade screen. Never told anyone, because 5 sec after the trade, I realized I forgot to check it, making it my own fault.

We have

-The Security of Stronghold

-10.000x a warning to check what you are trading. To know prices. To not get scammed.

If you just watch out, there is no reason to be scammed EVER!

We warn people. We teach them not to be scammed. We help them! I can't double check every trade for them. But I can help them with advice And they throw it all away. Our work, our advice. Do not follow it and end up being scammed. No! You do not deserve any sympathie. Go whine to your friends. Do not post about it. Do not beg free stuff. Do not ask for advice. If you do not listen to it, you do not deserve it!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Pretty much. Either something they have all ready written about, or some thoughts you have had because of them. However, if you want to write an editorial, you can do that as well, but there won't be a guarentee that it will be published.

Ah I get it. But Kiara already announced there is only one, no need to speak about "them" any more.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I agree with the 12pure34 (2 posts before mine). Another thing is not reading the updates or checking the second trade window has nothing to do with iq its just common laziness. luring is a different story, however with the same ending jagex has so many warnings about he wilderness especially now with the new trench and warnings if you are to lazy to read that you lose all your items its your fault. Also laughing at a blind man is very different and is not a analogy suitable for this topic blind people cant help being blind. whereas you cant accidentaly not be shown the wildy ditch. Even though i strongly disagree with luring and scamming people have to look into the reality that it is impossible to completely rid anything..games, the world etc of these kinds of people and read things carefully.

Psychobiker5.png

psychobiker5.png

I was recently scammed. I made a mistake. Forgot to check the 2nd Trade screen. Never told anyone, because 5 sec after the trade, I realized I forgot to check it, making it my own fault.

We have

-The Security of Stronghold

-10.000x a warning to check what you are trading. To know prices. To not get scammed.

If you just watch out, there is no reason to be scammed EVER!

We warn people. We teach them not to be scammed. We help them! I can't double check every trade for them. But I can help them with advice And they throw it all away. Our work, our advice. Do not follow it and end up being scammed. No! You do not deserve any sympathy. Go whine to your friends. Do not post about it. Do not beg free stuff. Do not ask for advice. If you do not listen to it, you do not deserve it!

I basically agree with you. When people are scammed, it's nearly always their own fault. Of course, the scammers themselves are to be blame, but in this day and age people like that are a given, and they only thrive because of the ones uninformed enough to get scammed. In general I go by the old saying: fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. In other words, the first time you get scammed, usually its people taking advantage of your ignorance, which may r may no be your fault, so I find that excusable. However, if you repeatedly get scammed, its your own fault for not taking the proper steps to prevent it.

ShadowSam19.png

hey I think this letters to the Editor idea is working really well

I know many people choose not to read the updates or the behind-the-scenes articles. But it would definitely benefit them if they could spend five minutes of their life to just read a little about how the game is changing. A little bit of information could never hurt and its a whole lot better than being left in the dark about something. It could even prevent them from getting scammed.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Changes are horrible! Jagex is ruining the game! The dark bow was horrible! Tip.It should never change either! I the letters to the editor feature! I don't like change!

On an actually serious ÃÆââââ¬Å¾Ã¢Ãâê (D# I think), that was a great article. I agreed completely about the people complaining about changes. (If anybody didn't quite get the top part, remember to change the batteries in your sarcasm detector frequently) I always like hearing other people's sides of the story, especially when it has more thought then OMG YOU N00B I'M RIGHT!!! I'LL GET MY LEVEL ELEVENTY-SEVEN MAIN OVER HERE TO BEAT THE #$%^& OUT OF YOU!!!!!1!!!one!!!!one!!

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

the link on the page is incorrect:

Do you have any thoughts or comments about what you've just read? Want to discuss this article with your fellow RuneScapers? We invite you to discuss the article in this forum topic.(link is http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=4835127)

Actual link should be http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4835127

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I've been disappointed with the Tip.It times lately, the articles are declining in quality and when they said letters to the editor I thought he would at least answer them, this is just sad, maybe Tip.It needs to move on, this Editor is showing his age.

First Times post, second news post :P Think I've done one of everything that happens weekly now :)

well done misplacedme, i think you've done well with the passing over the power thing, youve got straight in to the new role, well done you!

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

i must admit that i used to have my lols at some noobs of the game but i changed my ways when someone opened my eyes. someone made me remember that i was once a newb to the game and that some ppl did help me to "grow". i now only lol at people that make mistakes by accident if that makes sense but any ways the point is ive changed....

Piran26.gif