What Jagex Rule would you Remove

pipeelbakan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with rule 15 from a security aspect. If I were to run noscript (ff extension), about half of the adverts don't show up.(Those involving javascript and flash, that aren't from http://www.runescape.com) Granted, the odds of one of them containing anything malicious is slim, but it could happen.

I fully agree with mchainmail about rule 15... Also, there are parents who have a house policy that doesn't allow display of adverts, therefore forcing the person playing RuneScape to be auto-violating that rule. The rule is effectively, in its' very essence, fully and completely unfair, and should be done away with. The parents (and/or person playing) have paid for the speed and bandwidth they have enabled to them for accessing the net anyway, and therefore have a right to choose what and what not comes through. (This normally puts control of the bandwidth out of the reach of the person playing RuneScape, I shall note again here.) Oh... One more thing. Sometimes the ISP is blocking the advertisement. Guess what? This means that the player who isn't seeing the advert (just like with parents controlling their house policy) is auto-violating Rule 15 again. But, and here's the kicker, in all these cases, that means that the fault is not actually on the person playing and they should not be banned for it. =;

I can say, if I ever see anyone wrongfully banned over this rule, I will raise hell. :x ... 'Nuff said.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I don't think any of the rules are unfair but I think teh fitlers are a little too extreme for a 13+ year old game, even teachers and professors curse lightly, but some younger, immature brats might be like z0mg i c4n 5ay cr4p!!!11! tehehehehe crapcrapcrap!

And if you don't like the pop-up blocker rules, don't play f2p its as simple as that, Jagex still has to pay for its maintainence even though you get it for free and they get free to play money from adverts, and your blocking them that defeats the purpose of having them.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

And if you don't like the pop-up blocker rules, don't play f2p its as simple as that, Jagex still has to pay for its maintainence even though you get it for free and they get free to play money from adverts, and your blocking them that defeats the purpose of having them.

<*suddenly blows his top, and lets his mind loose on fakeitormakeit*>

Must I point you at the post above the one I'm quoting, the one I damn well wrote??? :shock:

I'm going to restate this in a manner you can understand... :x

THERE ARE CHILDREN AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME, AND THEY GET NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE BLOCKING ADVERTS, THE ADVERTS ARE ALREADY BLOCKED BY SOMEONE WHO CONTROLS WHETHER THEY EVEN REACH RUNESCAPE'S SITE!

Now, I hope the damn point is made. I've had it with yelling at people over this matter. :notalk:

<*Walks off, punching the door out of his way and splintering it to pieces...*>

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

At the above post, R0fl! But, ot, I think the drop trading rule sucks, you still worked for it on one account ffs! And also, that you can't allow immediate family members to go on your acc; I was on my bro's acc while he went to the loo, i mentioned it on TIPITCHAT, and was reported by stupid wannabemods, and, he was punished twice- 2 full black marks! WTF?

<*suddenly blows his top, and lets his mind loose on fakeitormakeit*>

Must I point you at the post above the one I'm quoting, the one I damn well wrote??? :shock:

I'm going to restate this in a manner you can understand... :x

THERE ARE CHILDREN AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME, AND THEY GET NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE BLOCKING ADVERTS, THE ADVERTS ARE ALREADY BLOCKED BY SOMEONE WHO CONTROLS WHETHER THEY EVEN REACH RUNESCAPE'S SITE!

Now, I hope the damn point is made. I've had it with yelling at people over this matter. :notalk:

<*Walks off, punching the door out of his way and splintering it to pieces...*>

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Deep breaths Mr. D, deep breaths :lol:

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

All the rules are there with good reason. I wouldn't consider any of them 'unfair'. :o

Well aren't we a good boy? -.-

I don't think he caught what I said regarding Rule 15. :x

<*Punches Rainy_Day, hits a '702', and sends the jerk back to Lumbridge in one hit...*>

~Mr. Devnull

I also think that it should be easier to detect and perm ban drop traders on the first offence. I would like to see the time that items disappear be shorter thatn logging in again from the same computer. Put a 3 minute login delay into the client so that nobody can get back in to get their own items, and I would be more than happy to live with the delay.

Not everybody that drop trades is doing it for "illegal" reasons. My son and I play from the same computer and therefore cannot trade in game. There are times when I see someone selling something I know he has been looking for or vice versa, but we would never dream of buying it for the other because it would require us breaking a rule and drop trading :-w

mak_1027.png

• 3 weeks later...
Why can't you trade stuff between characters? Not to gain an unfair advantage? Are gifts from friends unfair advantages, should gifts be banned?

Don't give Jagex any ideas :x

Yeah, like they listen to this garbage.

I dont like the "you cant share". WHY NOT!

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• 1 month later...
Why can't you trade stuff between characters? Not to gain an unfair advantage? Are gifts from friends unfair advantages, should gifts be banned?

:thumbup:

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

rule 1 : it's a little bit too strict

Erm... actually, it is as strict as it should be.

RUNESCAPE IS NOT A DATING SERVICE OR A SWEARBOX!!!

~Mr. Devnull