What Jagex Rule would you Remove

pipeelbakan

:shame: Shame on you! All Jagex rules are here for reasons. No Rule is unfair, They are here to protect us. Complaining About rules of Jagex is like Acting like a complete maniac In Real Life. Think about It...

\' Lil 'Ol Ducky

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what I've been hearing is true, then Rule 12 by far. Woot, Armadyl Hilt, 55m split for 2 people. BANNED for rl trading. Some guy quit and gave like 50m to a friend, BANNED for rl trading. If that doesn't happen then rule 12 is fair, but if it does, then I officially hate Jagex :x.

No...that doesn't happen. For Heaven's sake man, if we removed rule 12 then EVERYBODY would be goldfarming/macroing!

Your examples don't have to do with real life trading at all. It would only be wrong if you sold that bandos hilt for 200 bucks, or if you sold that 50m instead of giving it away.

There's a pretty thick line between giving gifts and selling for profit. Thus, rule 12 is not only fair, its necessary.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I want to curse i'm 13+

They should have you put in a valid CC number (even if you aren't members) to prove that you have your parent's concent and permission to play.

That way no bots would be made, no little kiddies would play..

Two reasons why that's a bad idea; 1) too easy to get around. Kids are smart these days; they can wait until mommy and/or daddy are distracted or gone, get their cc and do it themselves.

2)That would be completely unfair to the adults who want to play, but don't have access to a cc and can't get their own.

There's absolutely no justifiable reason someone should need a cc to play a free game.

Back on topic, the third-party software rule is a bit harsh, I think, but the others do make sense when the big picture is taken into account.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

i think rule 1 is taken too strictly

censoring everything is just exagorated, if u cant handle such language then u should have a chat filter on/off option. also reporting for this rule is goin unfair, if someone sees crap, dam or any other word like that, even sarcasm someone gets reported and blackmarked/banned.

people just happily forget the reason why someone uses such language, if its really offensive, then its ok to report, but if someone e.g. gets scammed and flips out for a moment should be acceptable.

talking to reallife friends shouldnt be obstructed by stupid filters and wanna be mods that report on everything.

thats why i also think the personal detail rule stinks a bit, if u talk to a real life friend u should be allowed to talk about subjects other than runescape too, there better things than runescape to talk about (omfg).

and the multiple log in rule is also enforced unfairly, banning someone for givin/acceptin free money is not a unfair advantage, its not against the rules, but jagex auto concludes its multiple logging in or money bought with reallife money. same if u trade to a reletive, in ur own house.

further the rules are ok, but theyre just not enforced honestly, thats why i think jagex sucks. they just ban for everything they shouldnt and let real culprits get away with it. like someone gets scammed for lets say 1 mil and flips out, he gets deemed 'to not fit in the game socially', but like a scammer does fit in

Proud owner of firemaking cape!

Why can't you trade stuff between characters? Not to gain an unfair advantage? Are gifts from friends unfair advantages, should gifts be banned?
Actually making gifts is allowed. As well as drop trading between different persons' accounts (ec. when there's one PC in family and they can't log in at the same time to trade). Another thing how you prove you made a gift to someone or how Jagex proves something else.

Also in my opinion, rule 1 should be more strict in some points. As I'm absolutely sure that most people don't want to hear (see) offenses around them all the time and also don't think that avoiding offenses is there only to prevent under 13 years old ones from seeing it and don't think they are cool or like more to themselves and others when their language is offensive.

To me, all rules are understandable.

The advertisment and offensive language rules are the worst. For example you could get banned for saying 'Tip.It' on the tipitchat. In theory you could get banned for everything if a wbm happens to be there when you say something...

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.

I think JagEx is a wee bit to paranoid. They are like an overprotective parent who would never let anyone near their baby. its time for them to see that RS is all grown up and can play with the big boys. They should take a chapter out of Blizzards book and have "certified" fansites that they support since it adds to their player base and give players a good idea of what sites do and do not support illicit activity.

triforceelf.png

rule 1

it's for 13+ people, and if there are 12- people, guess what, they are already in violation, and i've been cursing since 3rd grade.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

agree... the chat filter is way out of line, the next time i get cencored for saying bra! (swedish for good) i will go bezerk

this is a common problem whit it, I'm my self a swedish speaking Finn and do some times talk whit friends in swedish, however we have now begun communicating in English as swedish is pretty much censored and it can take some time to get the message,

det gÃÆÃâÃâÃÂ¥r ju bra =) = det gÃÆÃâÃâÃÂ¥r ju *** =)

same in english:

its going good =) = its going **** =)

but i don't want to kill the censors for that, because its really not nice when someone starts cursing and screaming as if that would make me change my mind about something, it would make me angrier and maby quit the game, ty jagex for a curs free game but do lock up some things as the word "bra" ::'

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Chat Filter :( I messaged them about the chat filter and got this:

For the in-game chat filter, I think you need to tone it down a bit. I don't think any 13+ years old will care if you say crap. At my school, people swear all the time. And while you shouldn't be able to swear, crap, and sucks, are not bad words.

Iamalwayssto

Hello Iamalwayssto,

Thank you for your question regarding the chat filter.

Unfortunately our Chat Filter sometimes censors words that aren't offensive themselves, but contain portions of potentially offensive words.

There is little we can do about this as we need to make sure that our players are protected from offensive and abusive language and we are sure that you understand our need to do this. We are always working to update the filter and hope that we can continue to improve it.

If this word is genuinely non-offensive, then the best way for your to inform us of this is to make a post on the 'Rants about the Censor' sticky on the 'Rants' forum. This has been set up so that players can bring matters like this to our attention and hopefully have it solved by the relevant people.

To reach this sticky:

1. Find the Forum - Click on the 'Forums' link on the RuneScape homepage (http://www.runescape.com).

2. Login - Click the 'Login (Members Only)' button at the top of the page.

3. Read the Code of Conduct - Click 'Code of Conduct' at the top of the Forum.

4. Enter the 'Rants' Forum.

5. Enter the 'Rants about the Censor' sticky.

(The Quick Find Code for this sticky is currently 27-28-617-24251088)

In the meantime, all we can do is apologise for this inconvenience this causes you.

Hope this answers your query and I wish you all the best.

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Alan

sig-4.jpg