pipeelbakan

Rule 1:

You should be able to say....

Gay

Homosexual

Sexy

Crap

[wagon]

Dork (I know what it is... but still...)

Lesbian

Sexism

Damn

+1000

These are all 13+ words... At the very least, they should not censor damn, crap, [wagon], sexy, and dork. If you are offended by any of those, you are too young to be playing this game. Even an eight year old should be mature enough to not be offended by those words.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Censor is a little too tight. I can't even tell my friend how much it "sucked" that I deleted my main contact for selling hides...

Also rule 15. What happens if I happen to have a firewall for that picks up the ads and then requires me to answer a million times to allow access or deny access?

Censor is a little too tight. I can't even tell my friend how much it "sucked" that I deleted my main contact for selling hides...

Also rule 15. What happens if I happen to have a firewall for that picks up the ads and then requires me to answer a million times to allow access or deny access?

Yes, and because of that, we are forced to replace it with "blow." I don't know about you, but in my opinion, blow is more lewd than sucks.
td2sig.jpg

I have no problem with any of the rules, although I think the censor may be a bit too LAX.

The game is designed for a mixed audience. Not just gamers, not just teens, not just adults, not just grandmothers, not just ministers or priests or judges or children or criminals serving life sentences. It's actually made for all of those. If everyone would just realize that it is very likely that all of those kinds of people are within view of what you say at all times, then the censor wouldn't be a problem.

I really wish players would grow up and realize that many of the words they would like to be able to say are things that will get you fired from a job in the real world if you use them in public, especially in the USA. And it really isn't that hard to express your thoughts in an acceptable manner, without resorting to unnecessary gutteral language. Yes, it is just a game, but it is a game that seeks to be available to as many people as possible. You just need to be respectful of other people's sensibilities.

I also think that it should be easier to detect and perm ban drop traders on the first offence. I would like to see the time that items disappear be shorter thatn logging in again from the same computer. Put a 3 minute login delay into the client so that nobody can get back in to get their own items, and I would be more than happy to live with the delay.

bop_dravian.png

If what I've been hearing is true, then Rule 12 by far. Woot, Armadyl Hilt, 55m split for 2 people. BANNED for rl trading. Some guy quit and gave like 50m to a friend, BANNED for rl trading. If that doesn't happen then rule 12 is fair, but if it does, then I officially hate Jagex :x.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I also think that it should be easier to detect and perm ban drop traders on the first offence. I would like to see the time that items disappear be shorter thatn logging in again from the same computer. Put a 3 minute login delay into the client so that nobody can get back in to get their own items, and I would be more than happy to live with the delay.

For the love of god no. The delay we have now is bad enough... because of it, people are less willing to be polite and switch worlds when a training spot is full. It's the delay that causes people to be such jerkoffs at bandits. I for one wish they would REMOVE it.

If the filter would be deleted we all know what it would end up in, a big chaos.

Yes I cuss irl, and I don't really matter if someone else does. But it's still a game so IMHO no cussing allowed. Or else you may say things that can really offend someone.

As I am concerned, I don't like the 'trade stuff inbetween characters' rule, I believe that is rule 15?

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

im not a big fan of the censor thing (what happened to cabbage) i've been reported a lot for clicking the wrong button on my keyboard, and even then it was nothing rude.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

I agree with johannes and the filters too strict for a 13+ game. :roll:

I agree with Johannes and you, make it a 15+ and kill the filters.

I want to give all my friends my MSN.

Edit: Considering the original meaning of gay is happy, should it be removed? that is preventing you from using proper English lol.

Because I like to speak proper an'it bruv.

the rules are ok.

I'm dutch and on many dutch worlds, the players speak dutch (how surprising :D ). The runescape censor cannot identify dutch words, including dutch curse words. So there is a lot of readable swearing in those worlds and I can tell you that that is very irritating.

13 is still a very young age in which arguments are won by whoever shouts the loudest, instead of whoever makes the most sense. Defending your pride seems often much more important than enjoying the game and trying to make nice conversations.

Be very happy that the english speaking worlds do have the sensor.

phata_elise.png

I don't see how they could bring out an unfair rule really...

If it was unfair, then they wouldn't bring it out in the first place.

The whole point of rules is that they are fair.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I want to curse i'm 13+

They should have you put in a valid CC number (even if you aren't members) to prove that you have your parent's concent and permission to play.

That way no bots would be made, no little kiddies would play..

And we could say [cabbage]. And damn. :(

First of all: not everyone has a credit card... it's not common to have one here in my country. Not because the belgians are poor but because we have another system. Credit card =/= mastercard (from your bank, not e.g. visa).

Second: Why won't those gold farmers be able to get a cc ?

bad idea....

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Chat censor to strict?

Guess why... :roll: It hasn't always been like this you know.

Once upon a time you could say fook a ji, and no one would notice, now u say "**** a ji", and everynone says lol.

now the reason for this is probably some challenged children clicking around typing "fook this fook that" to get around the swear word which we all know what is (f**k).

So the strict censor is , to sum it up, brought upon urselves.

-----------

another thing. the people who feel the need to swear on runescape should seek help.

I still don't get what makes people feel as if they have to swear on a chat, a chat where you'r brain sends messages via the nerve system to your hands, which than types out what you are thinking.

that actually requires that you are aware of what you are writing.

now if you are aware of what you are writing, there is no excuse such as "i accidentally swore too much", or "it just blurted out", as EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU ARE TYPING YOU ARE PERFECTLY AWARE OF!!!

now if some of u get a pop on the mouth by mommy and daddy for cursing, it shouldn't mean you have to take it to RUNESCAPE and let off steam by excessively TYPING swear words, I capitalize on TYPING, as you are TYPING and not TALKING. if you absolutely must swear, than mutter it out loud, so that next time I make a char in an online game, I dont have to get half of the name censored because of some foolish dimwits who couldnt control their spasmic cramps.

now with that said i'm off to get drunk , byebye :twisted:

then need to make a filter on/off button and make it so that you dont get marks from bad lanuge so that the people who are offended by swaring are happy and people like me who want to talk about what they want to do that that lass can do so ..........

Rule 1:

This is supposed to be a 13+ year old people game, if someone who is 12 years old or less plays, it's under his own, and his parents' responsibility, i mean, you they probably know all words you're using, and i can't even speak in other languages without 70% of the words being filtered

Oh, and rule 8, if you got the items yourself, i think you should be able to use them however you like

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.