Guide to soloing the blast furnace

Candymann16

This guide is for all those who think that the blast furnace is a waste of time (lord umega for one :) ) and who believe that it needs to be a group mini game.

Yes you will get more exp if you go with a group, but you don't actually need one

Requirements

55 magic

60 smithing minimum (68+ being the best IMO)

30 agility

30 firemaking

30 crafting

30 strength

A few things befor you get started:

1) never listen to what the forman says

2) take lots of natures to make the most of every trip (with this method you can stay till your nats run out)

3) If you see one of the miners come in wait till he has given the ores to ordan before you buy the ones you want, unless there are 100 of the ore you want, sometimes he brings coal and it will be cheaper if there is more in stock, which will mean a greater profit

4) Any coal and ores left on the conveyor belt when you log off WILL dissapear, so make sure you dont leave anything on the belt, if there are a few coal left on it just chuck the equivilent amount of iron on with it and get some steel bars back

5) If you are under lvl 60 smithing you will have to pay 2.5k every time you enter and wont be able to use the anvils in there, but if you are wearing a ring of Charos (u) you only have to pay 1.25k every time (but still cant access the anvils)

Your inventory should look like this as you go into the blast furnace (the coal could be either iron or mithril ores depending if your going to make mith or steel plates)

inventory3mt.png

There are 2 different ways you can use the blast furnace, one is with steel, the other with mithril

Mithril way

First place 20 coal onto the conveyor belt, repeat this by buying 20 coal from Ordan and put that on the belt, now buy 20 mithril ores and put them onto the belt along with the coal

putoreson0ed.png

Proceeded to the bike and pedal till the ores fall into the crucible

bike3yg.png

then head over to the stove and fill 2 spades with coke then put them in (2 because this makes it slightly quicker and you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need 2 hammers or buckets)

stove5rd.png

Then its time to pump the pumps (30 strength needed)

pumps8ej.png

try to keep your view at around this angle so you can see when the molten metal pours down

once it has poured down fill your bucket and use the bucket of water on the bar dispenser

Clicking the bar dispenser will bring up a screen like this

bars9mv.png

click the 'all' button to get out the bars in there, there will be just enough to make 4 plate bodies with

once all the bars are in your inventory head over to the anvils (60 smithing needed to enter here) and hammer the bars into whatever you want, I would suggest making plate bodies as these give the best amount of money (I think anyway)

then high alch what ever you made and repeat the process

Steel method

This is exactly the same as using mithril, but you only buy one load of coal and 20 iron instead of mith ores

If the world ever runs out of coal you can always just change worlds till you find one full of coal (shouldn't take long lol) or you could sell and buy your own noted coal, although I would change worlds, I only take noted ores just incase im halfway through a 'run' and need a few more coal

Always, always, always fix anything that breaks as soon as you see it, otherwise you wont get your molten metal to pour out

this is my fist guide so advice would be apreciated, also if someone could pm me telling me how to make a video i could make one showing how to do it (a run usually take me about 2 minutes and a video might be easier to understand than the above)

Thanks for reading and hope this will promt some people to start to use this as a profitable way to raise smithing (yes you do make money even if you buy all the ores at maximum price, as long as you high alch what you make)

thanks to imageshack for hosting all the pictures in this guide

Candymann16.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...

good guide, but if you drop your spades (and use onyl 1) and your buckets... and dont have the noted ores with you, but just buy em on the spot...

you can make 25 bars... and thus 5 plates...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

yeah...

good guide, but if you drop your spades (and use onyl 1) and your buckets... and dont have the noted ores with you, but just buy em on the spot...

yea, this may be possible, but it would also be harder to get the coal to ore ratio as easy as with my method, 2 loads coal, 1 load mith, simple easy and quick

Candymann16.png

I went Blast furnace'ing with this guy, no need to croud around and NO! autographs sorry.

Nice guide, if only i had that smithing level of yours 70+ grr then i would of been able to stay longer...but hey! was fun

Aussy (yssua or nurse.......)

penguinesigrq6.png

I went Blast furnace'ing with this guy, no need to croud around and NO! autographs sorry.

Nice guide, if only i had that smithing level of yours 70+ grr then i would of been able to stay longer...but hey! was fun

lol, i actually got 71 smithing while making this guide today, but i was pumping the bellows so couldnt get a pick of it :cry:

Candymann16.png

lol, i actually got 71 smithing while making this guide today, but i was pumping the bellows so couldnt get a pick of it :cry:

Showing off never gets you anywhere...

penguinesigrq6.png

I think your jealous cause you can't solo the blast furnace :lol:

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

I think your jealous cause you can't solo the blast furnace :lol:

I can and have, yet instead of smithing the bars and using the furnace for free i pay 2.5k every 20 minutes and bank the bars. almost as good

penguinesigrq6.png

actually if you use ring of charos i believe it's half price to use furnace for the time if you have less than 60 smithing (sigh, only 4 lvls to go, 3k till 57 :D )

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I didn't even know you had to have a team to do it lol..I always did it seperately..But I was a noob then

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

yeah...

yea, this may be possible, but it would also be harder to get the coal to ore ratio as easy as with my method, 2 loads coal, 1 load mith, simple easy and quick

same thing...

you just buy again 2 loads and 1 load cuz you have the same invent space... 25 mith, and 2 times 25 coal...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Wow, very nice guide...I wish I could do it, but alas, I only have 57 smithing =[

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

What are the things that could go wrong while doing this?

And whats the nearest bank if i want to bank my bars instead of smithing and alching?

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Hey, nice little guide on the Blast Furnace. I might try it some time after I stock up on ores. Thanx for the read!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

What are the things that could go wrong while doing this?

And whats the nearest bank if i want to bank my bars instead of smithing and alching?

1) A pipe can break, but you just have to repair it. You could pump yoo muhc and get harmed by the explosion.

2) Keldagrim's west bank.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Hey, nice little guide on the Blast Furnace. I might try it some time after I stock up on ores. Thanx for the read!

you dont need your own ores with this method, you make a profit even if you buy all your ores from Ordan, as i said in the guide, take some noted ores just in case the shop runs out while your half way through a lap

same thing...

you just buy again 2 loads and 1 load cuz you have the same invent space... 25 mith, and 2 times 25 coal...

yea, i know that, but the noted ores and the spade and bucket being in your inventory do speed it up, i did it making 5 plate when i first went but found for the extra plate you lose more time because of picking up, dropping ever round

Candymann16.png

same thing...

yea, i know that, but the noted ores and the spade and bucket being in your inventory do speed it up, i did it making 5 plate when i first went but found for the extra plate you lose more time because of picking up, dropping ever round

youre walking past the very spots that you have to pick up your spade and bucket... and you can drop your stuff on the way to the next stop...

but ok, why do i bother tellign you of faster methods if you dont wanna listen...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

same thing...

youre walking past the very spots that you have to pick up your spade and bucket... and you can drop your stuff on the way to the next stop...

but ok, why do i bother tellign you of faster methods if you dont wanna listen...

lol, if you think its a faster method use it, im not telling anyone to do it my way, its just the way i do it and it works for me, if you prefer your way do it like that, it doesnt affect how i do it

Candymann16.png

Do you profit, break even, or lose money?

You make profit even if you buy all the ores and coal at maximum price

Does smithing this way go faster than smithing the old-fashioned way?

its not that it goes quicker (which it does, because you dont have to mine/buy your ores, they are all there waiting for you) it is just alot easier than anyother method, you use half the coal and hammer it out all in the same room, the only reason you would have to leave is if you run out of natures

Candymann16.png