Why do blacks get special treatment?

darkmage099

Today I took the National Merit something test. It asked me to checkmark a box if I wanted to apply for a scholarship...but I had to be black. How racist is that? Why do they get special treatment? We're taught to treat them like humans or regular people, but why do they get "special" treatment then?

I'm not mad at the blacks only the national education system.

And dont tell me it's because they have large male genitals.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Cause people think blatant, conscious racism still exists [on at least a minor scale], when the only real racism nowadays is subconscious, and even then not really based on race but more so on group affiliation. It's hilarious.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It's called 'campus diversity'. The colleges can't have too many white males on campus because then they won't be 'multicultural' and all that crap.. -.-

The most pathetic policy in the world, in my opinion..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

It goes for Native Americans also. Out in Wyonming it says Fee gas at Philips stations for Native Americans... They all think racism still exists it doesn't realy.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Statistically I'm sure far far less black people can afford higher education. So, I suppose that's why.

Then why do some people get mad at the phrase "try to act black". Statistically, most ghetto people are black; hence the term "act black". It's all very racist.

dmanxb7.jpg

dude they were enslaved for hundreds of years, this is the least you can do.

I wasn't aware that Franklin down the street was enslaved for hundreds of years when he is only 17. That's extremely odd.

I hope you get my point.

dmanxb7.jpg

I believe the test you are referring to us either the PSAT or the bug kahuna, the SAT itself. I, too, took it today and had to check that box if I was black. It all comes down to Affirmative Action.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I remember seeing that checkbox on a lot of standardized fill in the bubble tests before college. I can't see much justification, but as a race I guess they're still healing from how they've been wronged and with constant affirmative action because the rest of the world apparently is unable to treat them equally so we have extreme cases like this.

I remember seeing that checkbox on a lot of standardized fill in the bubble tests before college. I can't see much justification, but as a race I guess they're still healing from how they've been wronged and with constant affirmative action because the rest of the world apparently is unable to treat them equally so we have extreme cases like this.

My point is that you can't force counterracism. You have to "show" them and not force them to accept blacks into their colleges.

Also, this is a scholarship which means $$ to the blacks.

dmanxb7.jpg

easy solution- CHeck the box that says you're black, then show up at the college. When they ask 'Why aren't you black??' simply state that you had plastic surgery like Michael Jackson! :XD:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

easy solution- CHeck the box that says you're black, then show up at the college. When they ask 'Why aren't you black??' simply state that you had plastic surgery like Michael Jackson! :XD:
Actually, you can kind of do this. I know a guy who looks white, but he is a quarter black. My old English teacher is whiter than visible light ( :wall: ) but, being part Cuban, she can say she is Hispanic.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Funny thing is I was talking to my (smart) black friend about that.

Me: Did you check the box?

Him: Of course

Me: me too.

Him: But you aren't black!

Me: They dont know that...

Him: But!!

Note: I seriously didn't....I could've and I dont see why not.

dmanxb7.jpg

Was I not supposed to check that box? :oops:

You'll find there is just scholarships for everything. Left-handed people, black people, etc. Kind of lame. BTW, I took that test today too. Sucked. I had to be to school by 6am.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Wow a lot of dumb posts have spawned due to one of many Craig's news article topics..

It's a minority scholarship, why do you act so offended by this?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Statistically I'm sure far far less black people can afford higher education. So, I suppose that's why.

Then why do some people get mad at the phrase "try to act black". Statistically, most ghetto people are black; hence the term "act black". It's all very racist.

The scholarship program is trying to fix exactly this. The more help the "ghetto black people", the less "ghetto" they'll be.

People get upset at the phrase 'act black' because it's a stereotype that's non-beneficial.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

As we can confirm, the mentally delayed society things the way to eliminate the rascism is to put black people at the top and to create black idols as that 50 cent*.

*I hate when I say or write anything about those rappers/whatevers that contaminate the society with their trash sounds that they wrongly calls music.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

PSAT, right? I took it too.

This would be due to Affirmative Action, I would say. Makes colleges and employers even out the ratio of race in their students and employees, all about diversity. Which in turn creates the reverse discrimination you're talking about. Especially with jobs, if a white man and a black man apply for a job, and the white man is more qualified, the employer will still have to hire the black man due to this law.

So I'm gonna say that this scholarship is all about giving people of that group incentive to go to whatever college and add to diversity.

Pah.

p2gq.jpg

As we can confirm, the mentally delayed society things the way to eliminate the rascism is to put black people at the top and to create black idols as that 50 cent*.

*I hate when I say or write anything about those rappers/whatevers that contaminate the society with their trash sounds that they wrongly calls music.

I loathe it when people call other's opinions 'trash' and 'stupid' when they can't even use proper grammar themselves.. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I loathe it when people call other's opinions 'trash' and 'stupid' when they can't even use proper grammar themselves.. -.-

Yea since we all know you need to use proper grammar to have a valuable opinion right?

You guys are a bunch of whiney babies and getting offended for no reason

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Because they were the only people who were affected in recent history

Oh wait :roll:

Yups :roll:

According to this logic, we should give free scholarships to Jews as well..(Far worse occasion than the blacks, if you know what I mean, and more recent..)

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif