Aviansies, the Perfect Magic/Ranged Training Monster

qeltar

{Note: Yes, I know there's another aviansies guide here; mine is different, so now you have two choices. No, I didn't copy that one, I've been fighting aviansies since the first week of the GWD and have been working this guide for weeks. ~q}

TruthScape Monster Secrets - Aviansies, the Perfect Magic/Ranged Training Monster

This is a much shortened version of a comprehensive guide to ranging and maging aviansies; you can find the complete guide at my site. This summary focuses on the details of how to get to the dungeon and how to fight using the multiple monster prayer method. The full guide has tons more detail, including pictures of aviansies, drop lists, profit and XP analysis, strategy discussions, maging technique and a lot more.

Aviansies Magic/Ranged Training Guide - Location, Access, Positioning and World Selection

Here's the information youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll need to know about getting to the aviansies, choosing a world for combat, finding a place to fight, and dealing with other players.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll approach the subject of location sequentially, first describing where the God Wars Dungeon (GWD) is located, then how to get to it, how to enter the dungeon, and finally where to go within it.

Location of the God Wars Dungeon

The God Wars Dungeon is buried below the frozen wastes of the far northern part of RuneScape. The entrance is marked by temple ruins, which are located north of Trollheim and southeast of the Ice Path. The ruins also lie just west of the Forgotten Cemetery at around level 30 of the Wilderness.

Getting to the God Wars Dungeon

The ruins that contain the entrance to the GWD may only be accessed from an area to the south, which is located just north of Trollheim. There are two ways to get here: using a short and easy route, or a longer and more difficult path. The figure below shows the area of RuneScape south of the dungeon, and illustrates the routes to its entrance.

aviansies_access.png

The short route requires access to the Trollheim Teleport spell, which is a reward for completing the quest EadgerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Ruse. To use this route (shown in green above), you can prepare yourself at any bank, then follow these steps:

1. Cast Trollheim Teleport. This will leave you near the top of the Trollheim mountain.

2. Go a little bit to the northwest and down the agility shortcut there.

3. Now click on the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åouter ringÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I freakin' love truthscape! Thanks for another wonderful guide!

BTW, at 80 ranged and using a full void knight ranged outfit with a rune crossbow + mith bolts, I gain 500k money per hour (assuming addy bars sell for 3k ea), even when deducting the prayer pot and mith bolt costs. I prefer runecrafting still. ::'

Looking forward to more guides!

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Jordanweb, as I said right at the start, this isn't a competition, and I didn't "steal" anything from you.

My guides are long and detailed, and the main place where they are found is on my site. I published part of it here as a courtesy to those who might be interested in a slightly different technique, such as using the poison bolts or maging.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I used "aviansies" because that's what they are called in the game. :roll:

I don't know why Jagex uses two names for them, but referring to them with a name only used in KB articles would be rather pointless.

signew2.png

And Qeltar pulls another amazing guide out of the hat again!

Although jordanweb did beat you to it.. and he'es won the avansies (sp?) argument.

9/10 :)

PS. I <3: truthscape :D

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I have read your in-depth guide as well as this and I think it is the best Aviansie guide around. I will definitely consider using them as a training ground for my Ranged now, how would bone bolts fare there? They are now really easy and cheap to get and I have 100k of them banked.

Great guide, and yet another amazing addition to Truthscape's arsenal. Keep it up.

I do beleive they are called the singular "Aviansie" ingame.

I didn't realize you were the person who invented pluralizing something by putting an "s" on the end. I'm truly in the presence of greatness. ;)

imo, this one is for people who have money to spare and just want to get money for training range/mage, but jordan's is for the sole purpose of making cash.

Sorry, not really following you there.

I will definitely consider using them as a training ground for my Ranged now, how would bone bolts fare there? They are now really easy and cheap to get and I have 100k of them banked.

For the single method, bone bolts work fine. They also have the advantage that you don't need to even pick them up unless you feel like it, as they are so cheap.

But you will make more money and get more XP with addy bolts. Even though they cost a lot more, you make up for the cost with the added kills, and you get XP around 10% faster.

The multiple method with prayer and enchanted emerald bolts is the best, even with the p pot cost. Again, it's all about the extra drops.

Thanks to everyone who has commented.

signew2.png

I love, you qeltar <3: Everything you write impresses me. But i'm a noob :ohnoes: and can't make myself go anywhere dangerous since I got PKed about 100 time getting 70 agility...

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Very nice, detailed guide. I went in there after reading this guide and snatched up 100+ addy bars, made some more bolts, and kept on fighting.

Superb job. :)

I also like the fact that there are now two aviansies guides. I believe both will spark competition, and that means both will update their guide to be the best.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Hope you all have fun ranging there... as for me, I'm kind of tired of the place now! :)

signew2.png

Thanks. Jordan's guide is also very good, and again, this isn't a competition -- more ideas and guides is better than fewer. :)

signew2.png

Well, looks like I will be updating my guide soon. I got so caught up in the "crossbow hype" that I completely forgot to even test the crystal bow. I just did, and the early results are impressive!

Stay tuned...

signew2.png

Thanks Yoda. :)

After I completed my crystal bow testing I concluded that it is slightly faster than addy bolts, but only a small amount, and the cost is a lot higher. So it's an alternative, but nothing that changes any fundamentals.

Guide on my site is still updated to mention it.

signew2.png

• 2 weeks later...
hey u guys think i could kill theese?

stats

range-71

hp-63

deff-40

prayer-1

I think your levels are a bit low, to be honest. You could do it if you had prayer, but without it you will take a lot of hits with only 63 HP and 40 def.

signew2.png