What do you believe happens when you die?

darko

There are a couple of things that I believe could happen:

1) It's like going to sleep, you don't remember when you did or what you last thought of, you don't remember waking up, you just do. It just happens and you can't remember. Death is just going to sleep but you never wake up.

2) This earth is another planets hell (or heaven if you believe in a sick and twisted heaven) and when you die you go back (Reincarnated i suppose you could say) and you keep switching back and forth

3) You are reincarnated on this earth as a differant person and have no memories. This would suck since you'd have to live life again. . .But theres one major flaw: The worlds population keeps increasing. So therefore its impossible.

Just my thoughts

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'd had to choose to live again after I would be done with my life, I wouldn't continue it. Unless I'd get another chance to be born and do many things that I regret back to normal.

I don't know. Hopefully it will be nice when you die. Or, basicly. You just die.

Well, I'll be dead, and as a reward for living my life I will go to a place that is good for my standards, and there I live on.

Or I will reincarnate as my son's/daughter's son/daughter, if they get those of course.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I'd give you a detailed account, but you'd think I was schizophrenic or something...

Basically, I believe I will spend eternity with my Lord Jesus Christ ;) in Heaven - no idea what it will be like, but I'm expecting it to be super-sweet.

8)

I think this is one of the better posts to use one of my favorite quotes:

"Ignorance is bliss"

I am completely happy not knowing what will happen when I die, and that is that :D

Same here: it gives one something to think about -- [fullness-of-self]after all, I know everything else :roll: ... and I bet you expected a "[/fullness-of-self]", there, huh :)? *

Seriously, though: I have lots of ideas about what happens, though I'm not really sure I believe any of them.

*Oh, and another way of looking at it: the later one actually finds out the better, I'd say.

One crazy theory I had was that after you die, you are reborn in the same life and same times as before, but you remember nothing and just keep looping, repeating the same life over and over. Then maybe those deja vu's could be slight memories from the previous life that just weren't erased completely.

Something else I think is more likely to happen is that you just switch off as someone else said. Then if you believe in some religion's ending after this you go wherever you believe you think you'll be.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

As has been mention several times before, I think we are just suddenly gone. Time and thoughts dissappear for you, but there is no you, no awareness of the absence of time and thoughts, complete nothingness that no one experiences because no one is ever there, they are just gone. Its kind of a hard concept to get your head around, kind of like trying to imagine the size of our infinetly expanding universe.

One crazy theory I had was that after you die, you are reborn in the same life and same times as before, but you remember nothing and just keep looping, repeating the same life over and over. Then maybe those deja vu's could be slight memories from the previous life that just weren't erased completely.

Something else I think is more likely to happen is that you just switch off as someone else said. Then if you believe in some religion's ending after this you go wherever you believe you think you'll be.

Thats exactly what I think. This is like saying that there is no future. The future ends once you die and It keeps on looping and looping the same years over and over, same decisions, choices, mistakes, parents, life.

It would be cool once you Die, you can choose to be another life form. I'd probably pick Eagle cuz i always wanted to fly, or maybe a hornet :)

Or maybe you can become a substance..lol..I wanna become the future ultra cool car 8)

--------------------------------

and the deja Vu thing you Said

There is this weird thing that happens to me, for example Im doing something (it could be anything, example: eating at a certain time at a certain table).... and suddenly I have this flashback like It happend before....It Seems SO Real Like my flashback really happend, and is happening again, almost like in my previous life..which really scares me.

Or i could be walking in the mall and boom, flashback..has it really happend before? :shock:

Before life memories? :?

Thats exactly what I think. This is like saying that there is no future. The future ends once you die and It keeps on looping and looping the same years over and over, same decisions, choices, mistakes, parents, life.

It would be cool once you Die, you can choose to be another life form. I'd probably pick Eagle cuz i always wanted to fly, or maybe a hornet :)

Or maybe you can become a substance..lol..I wanna become the future ultra cool car 8)

There is this weird thing that happens to me, for example Im doing something (it could be anything, example: eating at a certain time at a certain table).... and suddenly I have this flashback like It happend before....It Seems SO Real Like my flashback really happend, and is happening again, almost like in my previous life..which really scares me.

Or i could be walking in the mall and boom, flashback..has it really happend before? :shock:

Come to think of it, sometimes i get flashbacks when i'm doing something, that I've done this before. Whenever i have a dream and wake up the next morning, and do something, I get a funny feeling that i knew it was coming. They were things I would never have expected to do.

Now, i thought of another theory of death. Maybe, there is no death. Nobody ever knows for certain, because people who are supposedly "dead" can't tell us how it's like after...death. I think...that our thoughts, our "real" us, goes back into time, and relives the past, without knowing you did, and not knowing you died. Each plane of time we go back to, is our own dimension. Our own little timeline that we relive again and again and again...which makes me think, are we really "real"? Who knows...

Sup noobs.

Come to think of it, sometimes i get flashbacks when i'm doing something, that I've done this before. Whenever i have a dream and wake up the next morning, and do something, I get a funny feeling that i knew it was coming. They were things I would never have expected to do.

Now, i thought of another theory of death. Maybe, there is no death. Nobody ever knows for certain, because people who are supposedly "dead" can't tell us how it's like after...death. I think...that our thoughts, our "real" us, goes back into time, and relives the past, without knowing you did, and not knowing you died. Each plane of time we go back to, is our own dimension. Our own little timeline that we relive again and again and again...which makes me think, are we really "real"? Who knows...

Indeed, who does know? Maybe its all just in our minds. But what is our conscience? Its so weird and complex, and it feels like there is a lot more there in our minds than what we have sorted out, almost like theres a bunch of people working back there but not telling you whats going on. Sometimes when I have a lot of free time, like in car trips and such, I just sit there thinking "who am I really?, what am I? The me that I know is something that is there but cannot be seen or read. Yeah sure theres the physical body, but that doesn't seem to have much to do with who and what I am. Sometimes I just sit there and try to sort it all out but end up even farther away from what I wanted because there are so many possibilities. I wonder what it would be like if we knew all those answers, maybe there would be no need to exist, maybe thats the point of life, to figure out what we really are, but thats impossible isn't it? All the current events seem pointless when there seems like there might be some kind of greater goal than just growing up, getting a job, trying to pay the bills, then dying. The universe is so huge, and its still getting bigger, that it seems like there might be something out there that we should see or have that would make all our wars and governments and jobs and pleasures seem like a complete waste of the human lifetime. Then again, maybe its just all in my head, maybe I should just tone down my imagination a bit and get into the whole lifecycle thing before I go crazy theorizing about our lives.

Death is the end.

Deal with it.

Yep.

I'll prolly end up rotting six feet undergroud...

Or a zombie if I get lucky. :o

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

well when your heart stops and oxygen doesnt reach your brain it starts to turn to mush and then everything is gone, tus being dead.

Then i will start to decompose and little bugs will eat my flesh :shock: hehehe

i dont thonk anhthing happens with you mind or soal when you die, it just is lost when the electronic pulses in your brain stop

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

my personal beiliefs is that my body will just rot away, but i would like to think that my soul, personality essense of life will still be around to guide others for a while and try and help them in their times of grief after my death. then i believe that my soul will go to another place of better excistance, with other souls(good and bad) untill a time as to when another person is born in the world, then i believe i shall be "recycled" into another person.(reincarnation?)

i have read that some people can recall their last life, some with great detail that only the soul that was in that body would know about.

but in truth the only way any of us will find out what happens is when we die.

what about the out of body experiences that peeps have? does anyone think these are the body/brain paying trick or does anyone think its a step towards heaven and equivillant?

if we all have them, then why do only a few remember them as well?

o/t a lil:

i certainly don't believe in hell and heaven, i think that was something the past religeous peeps made up to try and bully people into becoming better citizens.(sorry if this offends) i certainy don't believe in a "god". again i feel it was something that was around to make peeps behave and get some kind of order into their lives.

i do believe tho that certain religeous peeps was born tho: i.e : jesus, and all the others. but i think they was just regular peeps who just chose to believe they was special in some way.

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I'm with the switching off idea, because I experienced what Necromagus did too... Man that was freaky, it wasn't as serious as his. But getting a tooth removed when I was 4 or 5 was serious stuff. :wink:

Basically the anesthetist put the mask on my face, asked me to count from 1 to 10 and by maybe 2 or 3, I remember waking up and the dentist giving me my tooth... That was extremely creepy. So IMO I believe death is exactly like that. Nothing as we won't remember a thing because we're switched off.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Life is too wonderful and amazing to just end like that when we die. We must take our minds to the next level, (no not 99) we must go beyond the grave. Search your inner feelings and deep down inside our self conciousness is screaming at us that when you die it is not the end, it simply can't be. How the universe life and everything can just end is totally beyond me. There has to be more, our own voyage of discovery leaves us dumbfounded within, death is a complete mystery. Biologically, we die, end, finito, spiritually, we have no idea, but it is our hope and search for the beyond the grave spiritual self that gives us some honest purpose to work for.

[/spiritual rambling]

Off topic: 696th post 8)

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'd give you a detailed account, but you'd think I was schizophrenic or something...

Basically, I believe I will spend eternity with my Lord Jesus Christ ;) in Heaven - no idea what it will be like, but I'm expecting it to be super-sweet.

I agree 100% :D :wink: :D

well i just think those who believe in God have allways had

a good life, were nice to others, didnt kill, (or other stuff like that) , Will go

to heaven and those who dont believe in God, killed ppl, were bad to others, you know,

go to the hell... (tried to put

the word ''hell'' in small letters, didnt work :lol: )well this is just what i believe what happens....(btw i believe, look ma sig)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

i think you get teleported into another dimension of the universe. OR, if your lucky, you might get teleported back to earth again. Remember, e=mc*squared, meaning that we can't disappear, but only changed phsically, not mentally. We'll be left in the form of energy, with our thoughts inside.

No, I wasn't being serious, but hey, it could be true.

lol what in the world are u talking about....? e=mc squared is the speed of light

Edit: also i believe that when u die you go to heaven and live your wildest dreams...

my mind nor can any of yours can comprehend not excisting in some way shape or form

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>