Tip.it Times 20 December 2009

Mirror

The player moderator article was good, although a bit short. I would have loved to hear more, being a player moderator myself.

The cooking post was well thought, and I seriously would like to see some harder recipes, not just skills demanding higher levels.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

The cooking article did not say that much to me. Seemed like only an attempt at getting a new food introduced. Also completely excluding Papple pizzas is a bit annoyed (the food that is capable of preventing ko's the best. I like to see a tuna potato save someone from 5 50+ hits in a row.)

I agreed with RSw44's article completely on pmods. Pmod quality has been decreasing day after day. In fact, I've seen many pmods who often abuses their status to threaten other players, being elitist and refused to help newer players, and in fact being idiots all around. Jagex really need to rethink how they pick out their mods because at the current state, the pmod sophistication and maturity is at an all time low. It is almost as if they are picking these player's names out of a hat and randomly handing out crowns to anyone with half way high stats.

120dgl.jpg

Well, for the first article I think that the cooking skill should be involved in some way with practically any food that heals hp. I do agree that fishing is a bit overcrowding the food collecting market though. In addition to harder recipes, I've been kicking about the idea of slow cooking foods. More complicated stews, roasts, smoked foods, etc that could be made in the same way in which we brew food. Maybe make the end results untradeable and that way people will make it themselves, for themselves, and will be used for special circumstances.

For the second article, being a level 126 I rarely have a use for a Pmod and honestly still very rarely see them. So I don't really have an opinion on this issue.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I don't really think cooking article address why there needs to be better food, I understand that other skills need more value but I don't think skills like farming should get their value from what you get from them that can be made into food. The other article was ok.

the food article started out good i like the point about fishing being pretty much the only way to get food farming is another way but it cant compete with getting cooking exp that fish can provide and hunter well theres a decent amount of cookable items their rly rly low lvl/health gain and i think the article shouldve focused more on that aspect than adding higher lvl food but what do i know?

pmod article had a good point but idk alot of pmods and havent personnally seen a decline in quality of pmods so idk..

I think that farming could be added into food more; perhaps as just an alternative to fishing or something. But overall, food is pretty good to me, I don't think it requires much of an update.

As for moderators, I'm not surprised. Jagex wanted to increase their mod base, so they started churning out mods. Unsurprisingly, some of them get corrupted by power. But I hardly ever see mods so whatever.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The first article was wierd tbh :S

AS for the second one, it was an interesting read, if they are doing that shame on them, they should go back as +piicking them themselves and not taking applications a all

VERY IMPORTANT!

Is the DYK true for everyone who ahs completed the quest?

The first article was wierd tbh :S

AS for the second one, it was an interesting read, if they are doing that shame on them, they should go back as +piicking them themselves and not taking applications a all

VERY IMPORTANT!

Is the DYK true for everyone who ahs completed the quest?

When you finish the quest you cannot use it anymore. Kinda sucks I suppose.

On another note to the first article, I would like to point out how many different raw types of meat that when cooked become "cooked meat." I think we're screwing ourselves out of some new foods there.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Couple of things to clarify;

First, the DYK is not worded on the Times article as I had submitted it, a message has been sent to the person responsible...

The shortcut to the Dagannoth Kings is only there DURING the quest, and you have to keep failing to save Vargas...

This shortcut puts you in the room directly above the room of the Kings themselves...

After the quest, this shortcut leads to the Dagannoth Guardians...

Second, I tried a light-hearted article filled with food idioms that still tried to convey a message, three actually...

One being the one that Fish is way over-represented on the food table. The second that a complex recipe composed of low level items should be the way to go for high level 1-bite healing HP. And the Third that high end food should not need added special bonusses, because due to being the highest healer, they will be popular enough already :)

Hope this cleared a few things up for everyone...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Being a player mod myself for just over 3 years I must say I have seen a decline in the quality of mods. When I was first asked it seemed that Jagex only took the most mature and the brightest 'scapers (not saying I am, or was, either). At that time, Jagex was adding mods at a fairly constant rate. The thing is though, that the player base rose far faster then the number of mods [insert "Miniclip" reference here]. After years of the players rising far faster then the mods Jagex realised that they needed to pick up the pace otherwise the ratio of mods to players would reach a critical level. So, to keep up with 'demand' they resorted to lowering their standards. Instead of looking for the most mature and well mannered players, they look now for the type of people who hold little races or sit in Varrock center and chat. Even though these people are generally nice enough to talk to, very few of them know what to do with such responsibilities.

I know one such person. He became a P mod a few months ago. Even though he is a very nice person and a fairly decent mod in terms of when and what to report for, he still acts like a child. When people ask him for money he replies with 'No make it yourself'. Even though this is fine and dandy for a normal player, people expect more from P mods. When I tell people no, I prefer to give them some advice on how to make money or even take them to an ore mine.

Granted, Jagex has come leaps and bounds from when they first started asking people. From what I can remember, Jagex never offered me any sort of training when they invited me. They simply had a FAQ's forum where I could read about the general mod guidlines. When I was given the invite, I got the crown within a few minutes. Nowadays P mods must go through months of training and scrutiny from Jagex. But most of this is looking at players abilities to make good reports when necessary and not looking into a players personality and see what type of influence they are having on players in normal in-game situations.

I liked the Cooking article. I personally like the rocktail, but I would like to see more high end food.

I also agree with the Pmod article. I have been wanting to become a P mod for years personally, but this stopped a few months ago when my friends started getting muted for no reason. Oh well, 6 years of ambition and now the moderators are being corrupted.

pere_grin.png

Both articles were very nice reads!

I'd certainly be interested in a wider variety of higher-end foods for the Cooking skill. Maybe something like Barbarian training, where you have to speak to an NPC and go through specific training to learn about the foods, on top of having higher Cooking, Farming and Hunting levels. There was a great thread on old TIF (don't know where it is now) about Eastern-style foods (Sushi, etc.) that was an interesting read. The possibilities for Cooking are endless.

Personally, all of the PMods I know are very reasonable, polite people. The only time I see "questionable" PMods tends to be when I'm hanging out in G.E. I recently saw a PMod openly arguing back-and-forth with a player, a huge he-said, she-said ordeal. Also, I've recently heard on NUMEROUS occasions, PMods stating, "Actually, I don't report/mute people very often," or stuff along those lines. Isn't this what they're Mods for...? Shouldn't you be... uh, moderating people in-game?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I've recently heard on NUMEROUS occasions, PMods stating, "Actually, I don't report/mute people very often," or stuff along those lines. Isn't this what they're Mods for...? Shouldn't you be... uh, moderating people in-game?

Ever since Jagex did a 'reworking' of the P mod structure, we have been told that we are supposed to only report when absolutly necissary and rather then just reporting any rule breakers we see we are supposed to 'work with that player to find a way to resolve the issue'. It helps the community a bit more then simply banning anyone in sight who breaks a rule.

Well I did rather like the thought behind the cooking article, but it seems a little pointless to me. Do we really need foods healing 30+? At present we don't have anything in game that absolutely demands that - none of the bosses NEED anything better than we already have, the sole exception being the Corporeal Beast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would take a lot more than a 30hp heal to enable someone to solo Corp and I have no desire to see more overpriced foods added to an almost saturated market.

The second article to me was the much better read. Well thought out, sensibly written, an interesting and largely untouched topic - pretty much everything a good article needs. That's not to say Ts_Stormrage's article wasn't equally well put together, it just didn't really strike a chord with me.

I just don't understand the appeal of being a PMod. Babysitters are supposed to be paid, and the little silver crown just doesn't do it for me.

As for the food article, I wouldn't be surprised to see some 25 to 30 hp healers soon. With all the mega weapons in the game now, it just about has to happen. But will they be something besides a new species of fish? Maybe a Fred Flintstone style slab of dragon ribs? Mmmmm.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

First, the DYK is not worded on the Times article as I had submitted it, a message has been sent to the person responsible...

The shortcut to the Dagannoth Kings is only there DURING the quest, and you have to keep failing to save Vargas...

This shortcut puts you in the room directly above the room of the Kings themselves...

Has anyone actually used this shortcut to get to the Kings? When I tried it during the quest, it wouldn't let me go down that ladder.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

I don't usually comment on the Tip.It Times, but I feel I must this week simply because I loved all the puns in the food article. The content of the food article was also interesting. It is quite amazing that most of the most popular foods rely on fishing and the idea for a 30-HP food requiring 99 cooking and ingredients from several skills is very interesting. It'll be interesting to see if anything becomes of the idea.

While I'm here I might as well also say that the pmod article was interesting. I don't get on much anymore, so I haven't seen many pmods since they started making the changes mentioned in the article, but I do find this new approach interesting and definitely see the potential for the problems mentioned by rsw44. Again, it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens in regards to this subject.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Well I did rather like the thought behind the cooking article, but it seems a little pointless to me. Do we really need foods healing 30+? At present we don't have anything in game that absolutely demands that - none of the bosses NEED anything better than we already have, the sole exception being the Corporeal Beast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would take a lot more than a 30hp heal to enable someone to solo Corp and I have no desire to see more overpriced foods added to an almost saturated market.

The second article to me was the much better read. Well thought out, sensibly written, an interesting and largely untouched topic - pretty much everything a good article needs. That's not to say Ts_Stormrage's article wasn't equally well put together, it just didn't really strike a chord with me.

Two things:

A) PVP. A person can probably deal quicker damage with maybe pvp weapons, ags, d claws, etc, then corp can.

B) Corp is actually solo-able. It requires some PVP weapon, either Vestas Spear or Statius' Warhammer. It's still extremely difficult.

Has anyone actually used this shortcut to get to the Kings? When I tried it during the quest, it wouldn't let me go down that ladder.

Answer:

Second, I tried a light-hearted article filled with food idioms that still tried to convey a message, three actually...

One being the one that Fish is way over-represented on the food table. The second that a complex recipe composed of low level items should be the way to go for high level 1-bite healing HP. And the Third that high end food should not need added special bonusses, because due to being the highest healer, they will be popular enough already :)

Hope this cleared a few things up for everyone...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Great articles :thumbsup:

I agree with the cooking article, but if they were to relese a Higher-levelled food it really should be untradeable (if it heals over 30 hp of course). It just gives an incentive to actually make the food yourself. And, I'd get on RSOF as soon as possible to see all the 12 year old pkers crying about the untradeable foodz which they cant make :lol:.

Second article I found quite interesting. Every pmod I've met has being nice, yes even after that day they announced a revamp of pmod selection. I find most to be friendly and mature. But I take your word for it; there's always your "tyrants" out there that go rogue and mute people because they "dun like dem".

Still, excellent articles once again! Keep it up guys :D.

disturbeda.png

Two things:

A) PVP. A person can probably deal quicker damage with maybe pvp weapons, ags, d claws, etc, then corp can.

B) Corp is actually solo-able. It requires some PVP weapon, either Vestas Spear or Statius' Warhammer. It's still extremely difficult.

Sorry to say but I'm one of those who doesn't feel like PVP should be the sole catalyst for game-changing updates. Hypothetically yes, pvp weapons can cause huge amounts of damage in a short space of time, but equally Corp can easily kill with one attack. Admittedly pures can achieve this with luck, but in general the level limiters prevent such ridiculous K.O.s.

Has anyone actually seen any evidence of Corp being successfully soloed? To the best of my knowledge Corp has never been soloed, if I'm wrong then by all means show me the evidence - I'd genuinely like to see it done!

Sorry to say but I'm one of those who doesn't feel like PVP should be the sole catalyst for game-changing updates. Hypothetically yes, pvp weapons can cause huge amounts of damage in a short space of time, but equally Corp can easily kill with one attack. Admittedly pures can achieve this with luck, but in general the level limiters prevent such ridiculous K.O.s.

Has anyone actually seen any evidence of Corp being successfully soloed? To the best of my knowledge Corp has never been soloed, if I'm wrong then by all means show me the evidence - I'd genuinely like to see it done!

Voila:

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Two things:

I'm not a PVP'er myself, I just want to point out that the extra edge in combat could be a reason for this food. Or, if it was untradeable, perferably with a high cook requirement, it would give high level cooking an actual practical advantage, similar to what was done with herblore.

And I was going to post a corp solo video, but the guy above me posted one already.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

But then you have to think about it. If extreme pots were taken out of pvp because they are untradeable, "hidden", and a "non-combat" skill, wouldn't this fall in the same case as HEL cooking that is untradeable? Just something to think about. ;)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg