Tip.it Times 10 January 2010

Mirror

I thought the first one was pretty interesting until I got to the end and it wasn't real. <_<

Second one was short and kind of random.

Missed fictional article. :sad:

i think the feeling about the first article is universal. maybe a disclaimer at the beginning would be nice <_<

i was like :smile: then :blink: then :shock: then :grin: then :cool: then :razz: then :eek: then i was like <_< and :shame: and :angry:

other then that they were ok

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

i think the feeling about the first article is universal. maybe a disclaimer at the beginning would be nice <_<

i was like :smile: then :blink: then :shock: then :grin: then :cool: then :razz: then :eek: then i was like <_< and :shame: and :angry:

other then that they were ok

~~~legoman187~~~

THIS, this and some more of THIS

And no fictional :unsure: ?

My goodness! That first article was just plain mean. Lol. As I got farther and farther into it, I got more and more excited. Then the end came with a "Note:". :mellow: Still, the read was worth it. The second article was also very insightful. It's great to find out that Runescape's population is aging and that Hi-scores are becoming all the more competitive. Bravo! =D>

C O O L I I D G E

That was cruel, disclaimers like that should be in the beginning.

In the second article "Accepting this to be largely true, Jagex made a concerted effort in 2010 to cater..." I think 2010 should really be 2009 and "Right now, level 72 woodcutting is required before your rank surpasses 1M and appears in a common stat signature," you only need to be in the top 2 million to show up in the highscores. Someone should have fact checked that article.

i just read all your comments on this thread how the hell can one of you let alone a few of you actually have believed the article till the bottom said it wasn't real? are you seriously that stupid i don't think you are

Why couldn't it be real?

And I think Forsakenmage succeeded here with her joke. :thumbsup:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

i just read all your comments on this thread how the hell can one of you let alone a few of you actually have believed the article till the bottom said it wasn't real? are you seriously that stupid i don't think you are

Why couldn't it be real?

1) jagex aren;t going to give it to tip it and not put in their front page

2) jagex don't plan an entire year at once and also it didn't include anything of the new skill or quests

3) 1 update a month no

i think these reasons are good enough to suggest it was in no way realistic enough for it to be serious

The first article was alright, I knew it was false because most of the supposed updates were holidays that JaGeX would doubtfully put in the game (Though Oktoberfest does sound pretty sweet). I enjoyed the second article despite the couple of factual errors, it really brought up some interesting points about where the community is and where it's headed which is no easy task. DYK was alright but my Living Rocks task made that abundantly clear.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Why couldn't it be real?

1) jagex aren;t going to give it to tip it and not put in their front page

2) jagex don't plan an entire year at once and also it didn't include anything of the new skill or quests

3) 1 update a month no

i think these reasons are good enough to suggest it was in no way realistic enough for it to be serious

You're no fun :mellow:

priest_wiz.png

i would have been pissed if that was the real plan for the next year. it sounded boring and the idea of the updates reminded me of the poison arrow pub. How many times have you been there sense the first day?

Y_Z.png

The first article was awesome. That is something you should have to read before you're able to post in the rants forum...

The second article was a great one too. It is important to remember that we have to keep this community friendly. When the differences in between the masses grows this will probably become harder. As more and more players gets higher and higher levels, new players will feel more and more left out. This will make it even more important to have a friendly and open community. If the high level players treats the new players in a good way, and the new players treat the high level players in a good way, we will have a wonderful community. Sadly we're quite far from there today. Let's all hope we come a bit closer to this in 2010.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yeah let's not do something like the first article again. Get my hopes up...and then BOOM CRUSH THEM LIKE A BUG!

:sad:

:angry:

You'd really want 1 update per month usually consisting of a holiday mini quest with no meaniningful impact on the game?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Yeah let's not do something like the first article again. Get my hopes up...and then BOOM CRUSH THEM LIKE A BUG!

:sad:

:angry:

You'd really want 1 update per month usually consisting of a holiday mini quest with no meaniningful impact on the game?

It never said anything about there only being one update a month. The mentioned updates could just as well be one of the updates planned for that month.

I had a feeling that the article was a fake because the first reply of this thread showed up when opening the thread, so when i read the update for january i first scrolled down to have a peek. :cool:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Would you all have been more inclined to read it if the disclaimer was actually in the beginning?

That was the problem I have to consider while writing this article, or any article, for the Times. As a writer I have to find a way to draw readers in. Now regardless of the reaction towards it, I'm glad that at least there are some, but disappointed that no one's tried to even write up their own ideas for the year yet.

So go ahead and criticize the fact that a disclaimer wasn't even put in the beginning instead of what the article was about if that's what you're so intent upon doing.<_<