Tip.It Times Presents: Letters to the Editor #17

Rcty

It's that time of month again - time for Letters to the Editor! In this edition, the two letters, written by doomsavenger and Tidus22340, both reflect on the article Scale, that appeared two weeks ago.

>>> Letters to the Editor #17 <<<

Enjoy! :)

~Rcty

Rcty

Aww, for a second there I thought that my article puleld someone out of retirement :)

I SO remember the Dragon Chain body being the ultimate armor thing :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Where do all these "Did you know?" things come from, they keep on getting better and better!

Well impressed with this one...

The largest portion of them came from the experience and minds of my clanmembers... Its become something of a challenge within my clan to see which ones get posted from the ones that I submit under the name of my clan...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Two absolutely great letters! But I wonder who on earth has the time, energy, and desire to figure out the Did You Know part? Wow. :shock:

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

Ah yes I even remember rune 2h's being over 1M wich was an awefull lot of money, to bad I was a poor little noob back then :oops:

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

The first letter says that Jad came out before barrows and whips. :roll:

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

I think he meant it the other way around and his grammar got in the way - the sentence has been edited to try to make it somewhat better.

And the Tal-Shiar Alliance gets my commendation as well, lol!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Another great letters to the editor session. =D> Too bad I don't know Morse code, now that Did You Know? is going to bug me.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

both are good articles. My only problem is witht he Did you Know? There should be a bigger space between characters. The N was kinda run it to the U. Only through fully knowing morse code was I able to figure that out. I had to look real close to see the seperation. Though I will admit I wasn't as fast as I should be I only took the test a month ago!!!!!!

Another fun thing is doing the old quests again. It's been some years that I did them, and in HD this is fun to do it again. Not to mention the attention you get as a lvl 12, now lvl 14 member. Never know that noob was that popular, even as you are trying to kill a rat, very weird to relive that part.

StGerolf.png

...snip...

And the Tal-Shiar Alliance gets my commendation as well, lol!

Yeah, this is one of our better Did You knows :)

"Reading" the dots and dashes along for the first time was hard for me, but the better I got at it during the song, the more I lolled IRL...

Anywho, expect more quality stuff (not all at once though), and if ANYONE has a good idea on a subject to write about, as well as an angle on it, I'd be more then happy to make an interesting topic about a subject of your choice...

Either that or I just pwn it off to Deathmath (he be TSA too)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

With regards to doomsavager's mail, MSB didn't hit 19's, they hit 21's. This was always a debate amongst players about the combat triangle at the early stages of runescape, as rangers were almost too powerful with their double MSB special.

Back in the start of RS2, before whips and the like, there was an equal triangle almost. Albeit mage had the god spells, range their rune arrows + MSB, melee their dragon longs and dragon daggers.

Anyways, as a side note, it is a bit boring reading about "the good old days", and the "when I started RS was so much better" articles.

I wish Tip It could give a bit more variety. I would say near as much half of the articles are contained about nosnolgia, it's ok to visit it every now and again but it's getting tiresome.

Rereading my letter, I realized that I messed up a few sentence. I usually am better about these things, but I was sort if in a hurry to write it.

And the msb hit 21? I always remembered the max hit being 19, but maybe I forgot.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Another great letters to the editor session. =D> Too bad I don't know Morse code, now that Did You Know? is going to bug me.

Copy and paste the code into a free online translator. It works! Also Google is your friend. :-#

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

doom... first person to 85 slayer couldn't get whip drops b/c they didn't add to drop table until second person got lvl 85. Even though they were added to game upon release.

so two people always coudl get whips or at the very least the first whip was gotten by the second one to lvl 85. I think a sabre bought it.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

another nostaligic "back in the good old days" letter to the editor, mushy mushy...

...sure its great to go back to our roots (i been playing since 2001) but i want to read an article that will get me thinking not just another runscape players reflection satement (which has been happening alot lately)

[puts on dragon breath shield in preperation for the flaming]

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

@ford_landau & snakeyes_GT: Yeah, I've noticed the same trend. Does my letter really fall under that category? I didn't think it did - first time I've ever written in though haha. Anyway, I thought it fell more towards the "Look at what a great job Jagex did" end of the spectrum. Do we still hate Jagex as much as we used to? Again, coming back into the community rather abruptly here haha.

renderreturnj.jpg

Reading articles of other people's opinions makes me feel like I fit in with the crowd. I find myself agreeing with a lot of the people who send in Letters to the Editor. ::'

Although, I don't think my account even existed in the, "Good old days." Nice writing,

Skiittles11

241216351433lk2.png