Tip.It Times Presents: The Clue Conundrum

n_odie

Another Tip.It Times for you!

This week's article, The Clue Conundrum by DarkDude98, covers a thought Treasure Trails and if they are worth your time. Enjoy the article!

Clue scrolls Are they a waste of time or a good way to break up the monotony of training? This article focuses on level 3 clues only as theres a significant difference between level 3 clues and the others.

>>>The Clue Conundrum<<<

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:x am bored i do around 6 clues a day level 3 mainly and i have never had a decent reward most i have ever had from a clue in 2 yrs is around 400k i think something isnt right as surely in 2 yrs of constant doing clues i wud of had soething good by now i know 3 ppl who have had multi million gp rewards from clues and they havent and dont as a rule go out theyre way to do clues jagex need to look into this as i am sick of doing clues but i have to do them when i get them even tho i know i wont get nothing good as i havent in over 2 yrs :|

Add: more to the point jagex dont even listen to what players have to say the same as they were reducing randoms and was supposed to be having each month a graph to show how close they were to achieving something ie the supposed removal of most of the silly randoms.......

:x am bored i do around 6 clues a day level 3 mainly and i have never had a decent reward most i have ever had from a clue in 2 yrs is around 400k i think something isnt right as surely in 2 yrs of constant doing clues i wud of had soething good by now i know 3 ppl who have had multi million gp rewards from clues and they havent and dont as a rule go out theyre ays to do clues jagex need to look into this as i am sick of doing clues but i have to do them when i get them even tho i know i wont get nothing good as i havent in over 2 yrs :|

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

1 clue per slay task that drops them, I havnt been hunting for clues since the second-to-last time they added new rewards.

I get decent things occasionally, but I never count on anything above 100k so I dont get disappointed. Anything above 100k from one clue is a bonus these days :)

Knight_Simon.gif

I do clues every time I get them (about 2 per slayer task). They're a great way to not get bored and ditch training slayer :P . The best reward I've gotten was 2 Rune (g) kites and an enchanted robe top, totaling to around 1.2-1.3m at the time. Other than that, my rewards have been horrible lol. Although the good rewards are rare and sometimes not worth going through 100+ clues to get, I do think that they are worthwhile, because hey, who knows, maybe the one you're about to drop is holding a third age melee plate or kite :P

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

I personally love doing clue scrolls. While training my range to 70 at ardy Hell Hounds, I would drop what I was doing when I got a clue scroll. I just enjoyed the thrill of possibly getting a high level reward. Mind you, this was before the updates, and since then I haven't gotten many clues (because I don't play as much as I used to). So I really can't say whether I would continue doing them or not, I haven't done it enough to say how much I would actually do the treasure trails. Maybe if I get lucky like I used to...then my opinion would change. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i used to do every clue i got ASAP

but, now it seems like i never get them as a drop =(

(and yes i made sure there is not a clue in my bank)

ive been haveing that same problem but its probably cuz ive been trying to get all my skills above 60 and havent been slaying (71 slay)

The author is right - that construction junk is weighing down clue values and should be replaced.

I do all my clues. But it used to be that I looked forward to getting one. Now I dread it, as I can usually make more money doing other things.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

heh, at times it seems frustrating when I get the same reward of sweets, runes, a noted food, and a random piece of rune armour or weaponry, but it is the every once in a while good clue that makes them all worth it. Yesterday I did three clues; the first two were long, tedious and poor rewarding but the last one had a zamorak page and a saradomin coif. That was an easy free million gp there. Day previous it took me four clues of almost nothing before on my fifth i got two Guthix pages and Guthix bracers. That was an easy 500k gp there.

Basically, the more you do the better the odds eventually. (Hopefully :pray: )

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I havnt had a clue scroll drop in bout 4 months and i havnt gt 1 in bank, and i used to LOVE doing clue the most i have had from 1 is 200k :x but when (if) i get 1, ill do it :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

craiglock1.png

CRAIGLOCK1.png

oO.png

Underbannerfinished.png

I love clues! Yep, the big majority are horrible (sweets, firelighters, rune nails and the blasted flatpacks!) But every once in a while I get something nice. And as I'm trying to fill my costume rooms mainly from my own clue rewards I do have my work cut out for me :)

As for best reward ever? 3rd age ranged legs. Blast you Jagex and your trade limits :evil:

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

I get items that I drop from almost every clue. I also get items that I can use or sell on GE. Seems to me if I get 100k to 200k from a clue, I am getting more cash than from monster drops from that 20 minute's. There are also times I get a 3rd age piece or trimmed rune piece. I like doing them. Just like life though, around every corner isn't a rose garden.

If you like doing clues then do them.

If you like playing mini games, do them.

Nice thing about Runescape is you can play the way you like within reasonable limits.

My current pathway to the last 1.2m exp for 99 range is to hunt clues and try to fill up my costume. I find them fun, enjoyable, and nice, even if the rewards aren't. The only reason I did Underground Pass so many years ago was to finish a coordinate I got that was there. I only got 63 fishing to pie my way into the Guild to do Uri's emotes. I've never had a reward above 600k, but that doesn't matter, I find them fun, which is what this game is all about.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I used to really like clues but after i did 3 level 3s in one day and i got about 30k from each i decided i wouldn't do them anymore

the best thing i've ever gotten was altogether 75k (from 1) :wall:

but if people really like them u should do them its not wether or not they're worth its just wether you want to do them or not

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

i think they should replace the construction items with charms or some free exp item (lamps and such)

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117