Tip.It Times Presents: The Clue Conundrum

n_odie

I always do clue scrolls whenever I get them, but I don't go clue hunting on purpose. Its not about the money its about the rewards and the prestige. I am trying to collect all the "rare" rewards. This means I only sell these rewards when I get more than 1.

I have also recently been keeping a record of all my clues. So, for those interested in the money here is what I have recorded :

No of lev 3 clues done - 58

Maximum monetary value (at today's rates) - 1,133,795 gp

Minimum monetary value - 16061 gp (37 lobster + 21 blood runes :wall: )

Average monetary value - 95477 gp

Those are just the ones I have records for - I have done a lot more, but have yet to get a 3rd age item. However one of these days....... :pray:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice that the announcement on the main page of the new Times article says Treasure trials? :-# But yeah, f2p, so I've never done Treasure Trails, but I think they sound like fun, so I probably would if I was a member. But who knows?

I don't know what you are talking about *runs and changes*... thanks. Feel free to pm me little stuff like that in announcements. :D

Will do. :thumbsup: Don't normally notice mistakes, this was just luck. :P

Er... I mean, what mistake? There was a mistake? ;)

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I always do every clue. Because I can't help looking at it sitting in my bank and thinking, "what if..."

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

So true :D. I got a clue that gives um... a glided wardrobe which is..... 7gp on the G.e. However, I always do my clue when I get them. Did like 3 in a row and got all 50k rewards =\. (Level 3 by the way :P)

~Bomb

I average 6-10 clues a week, usually from tasks, and I have yet to get anything remotely good. The last valuable item I had was a robin, which was 2 or 3 years ago >_< I don't even get uncommon junk like trimmed armor and most of my level 3s lately have been sweets and ranged gear.

Personally, I don't even bother doing a task if the first clue is a dress up involving items I need to retrieve. I just wait for next clue scroll to drop (and when I have been dropping, at times I've been averaging 2-3 clue scroll drops per task).

The one thing I haven't had lately is furniture, which is kinda funny since I was averaging a piece of furniture every other clue back before I took a hiatus from clues.

See my sig for why I continually do all of my level 3 clue scrolls (and 1s and 2s when i'm really bored)

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I used to do hem as son as I got one.

Now I usually do them when I have to bank (unless I can finish the task within 15 mins).

My latsest clue has been in my bank for 2 weeks now. I just don't feel like doing it. I haven't been much on lately so my time was limited. It does not have to do with the expeted reward, just don't feel like it.

My first priority is to finish the new quest. Then clue. Then continue slayering. I think.....

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

i do a clue every time i get one (level 3 only) and sometimes ive done 5 for a task of 180 or something. Over the past few weeks ive had rune (g), guthix god armor, rune herlad kites and helms, rune (t) items, black cav, brown cav, but in all honesty they do seem alot worse than they used to be and the value of clues has dropped dramatically. I have all the stuff in my bank and pretty much know every clue as i get it no need to look at tip it but they can still take longer than 20 minutes because of the sheer distance you have to go sometimes. ive recently done a clue that was 9 clues long involving 5 puzzles which i do in about 1-2mins unless you get the last 3 boxes the wrong way round and i start again. and have spent 30-40mins to recieve a reward of 50k -.-, so now ive started doing 1 clue per task wheather i get the drop n the first kill or last.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I personally love doing clue scrolls, (especally when they are easy ones) When I was a few months into my first membership and I found out what clue scrolls were, I did tons on that day. (I made alot of money to me at that time, though it was only like 1 mill)

I got a lvl 3 clue bout a month and a half ago, and I first had to dig behind a building (easy) then i had to get into the fishing guild....54 to 66 fishing then plus pot, then i had to get my range up to 50 from 20 (i hate range >.<) so i did all that and i get in there and do it. my next clue was the same as my first....but now here is the problem..... I have to do 5 quests for my next clue, (two of em are underground pass and regicide -.-) then i have to start mournings end part 1 to do it. Should I drop this one and go for another one? I feel its hardly worth doing (because i'm not a quester......)

any help please?

cac29dfe51.png

image.png

Please click and warm up my egg.

I still enjoy clue scrolls, although i find lvl 3's frustrating sometimes. -.- I know I won't get a huge sum of cash from it, because everything in them has become just about worthless (like those mage comps i keep getting, 6k ea.) I never get much money, but I still have a little bit of fun, since it's like opening a present, you never know what you're gunna get.

On a different note, i have a question. Can you get more than one clue scroll at a time? I would be grateful to anyone able to help.

no you can't get more then 1 at a time ;)

You can get more then one at a time, but it is a hassle to do so.

If you drop a clue you already have, then get a clue as a drop from the monster your killing, then pick the first clue up, you have 2 clues. ;)

Ya this is true i have a picture on my old PC of 2 clues being on the ground but you can only pick up one clue at a time.

i only do 1 clue per slayer task, i used to interrupt my task to go treasure hunting. but it not only slows down slayer a lot, its also gives ridiculously bad rewards. i remember when those construction flatpacks came up in the clue rewards, u try to sell them on ge and it would be next to impossible, i mean who wants to pay hundreds of thousand gp for a wardrobe.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

If Jagex had bothered to change the way you obtained Gold Leaf, Marble, and Magic Stone people wouldn't have had this issue. Putting construction-based rewards were a half-assed way to counter the complaints of those training construction saying, "Oh, but it's so expensive to decorate your house after spending all that money to level!"

I'm pretty happy with the rune nails, though. They're good for Rune Brutal arrows, which I do use occasionally while going Zorge hunting/theiving. I see no practical purpose though, of using anything other than Iron Nails for those first few construction levels. If nails were required when building rooms, it would make more sense.

EDIT: Oops, hit enter too fast! :oops:

Anyway, I hunt clue scrolls occasionally when I feel like "gambling" in a sense. Though, if you hunt level 3 clues, there's no place better than Jellies for the average player. You get charms, you get alchables, and you get rune full helms. I rarely lose money hunting clues, and it's unlikely I come out of a day's hunting with LESS than 200k in money from Jellies alone. I love cluescrolls, and I love doing them. The only time I don't do a clue immediately is when I'm trying to maximize my EXP per hour with slaying.

hzvjpwS.gif

Totally agree. it's still worth doing clues. it doesn't take that much time, and the reward can be a surprise! I almost get one clue for each slayer task. Never leave it in bank over 2 days.

I personally love doing clue scrolls, (especally when they are easy ones) When I was a few months into my first membership and I found out what clue scrolls were, I did tons on that day. (I made alot of money to me at that time, though it was only like 1 mill)

I got a lvl 3 clue bout a month and a half ago, and I first had to dig behind a building (easy) then i had to get into the fishing guild....54 to 66 fishing then plus pot, then i had to get my range up to 50 from 20 (i hate range >.<) so i did all that and i get in there and do it. my next clue was the same as my first....but now here is the problem..... I have to do 5 quests for my next clue, (two of em are underground pass and regicide -.-) then i have to start mournings end part 1 to do it. Should I drop this one and go for another one? I feel its hardly worth doing (because i'm not a quester......)

any help please?

wow dude wow. i got almost the same thing when i first got member. had to get into kharazi jungle which required legends quest(only the start but i figured i might as well finish it) and afterwards, the next clue required having finished regicide! i couldnt believe it. had to get agility higher and do another super long quest. lolz. but i did it...all of this took about 5 days more or less...

After all was said and done though...i got a rune kite(g) rune pl8, and zammy crozier! tbh, this still wouldnt seem worth it, but i did get qp, exp from the quests i had to do, more levels that i normally wouldnt have gotten, and i could use a dhally. alltogether, it was really worth it.

so if u alredy have the levels, or can get them easily, i say do the quests then do the clue...only good things can come of it. money and exp is money and exp all the same. again, remember the chance of becoming a multimillionaire.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

honestly...i think clues are the best way to make money w/o skilling like crazy. i love slayer, and it fuels my addiction :mrgreen: to clues as i get so many. i just got 3 hellhound tasks in a row. 1st task i got 3 clues, 2nd task 3 clues, and 3rd task only 2. on that third task, i got a zammy page 1 from clue...sold for 1.5m! \' not counting that, all the clues i got together come to a lil over 500-600k cash. i even got 1 clue where i got nothing but 5 rune pl8s and one rune legs. idc wat u say...its worth it. =) :thumbsup:

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

I'm a pro clue scroll hunter, takes me 7-15 mins a clue (depending on where the treasure is) Clues are like playing a way better odds lottery, and its fun to see the surprise items :D

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I'm a pro clue scroll hunter, takes me 7-15 mins a clue (depending on where the treasure is) Clues are like playing a way better odds lottery, and its fun to see the surprise items :D

really? u can get to the 4-8 spots and kill the wizard and sometimes solve the puzzle box in 15mins on opposite sides of the runescape map

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

I have gotten:

Robin hood hat (1.6m)

Tophat (750k)

Zamorak kiteshield (>600k) same clue as robin :o

Saradomin platelegs (>300k)

Zamorak coif (~150k)

Purple ele blouse (~70k)

Adamant helm (H?) (~40k)

Blue d'hide body (g) (~15k) same clue as zammy coif

Countless firelighters and sweets.

Except the purple blouse, addy helm, and tophat (tophat from cyclopses) those are level 3's from 70-80 range atk str def at ankous (level 75). I did all but 4. Which is a lot of clues. The possibility of making 1m+ in less then half an hour is what makes me do it. I can just play more and make up for lost time later. I can not make 2.2m in 20 minutes later.

quit

An okay article, more like describing how certain (obvious) changes have effected clue rewards and their values rather then any form of critical thinking.

OT: I used to do clues quiet often, sometimes I camped for them at hellhounds or jellies and did roughly 5-10 a day. I did that for over quiet a while, after that I did them as soon as I got them from a slayer assignment (finished the task firsts tho). If my count list (yes I like make lists of almost everything I do (a)) is correct I should have done 962 level 3 clues in roughly 2,5 years.

So far the most valuable clue I've ever gotten was worth around 400k (a zammy page, some law runes and random rune items). I still get them quiet frequently during slayer assignments but as you can probably understand I don't do them that often anymore. The chances of finding someone who's quitting RS and willing to BH his BluePhat to my account seems to be much more likely then getting a decent clue reward (that is 1.5m or higher). I've therefore more or less given up on doing them, in the past weeks I've done only a few with an average reward of 35k, I've got one more in my bank now and will keep it there for ages. Hopefully saving it up increases the reward, and else it still works to prevent getting more clue drops (cause usually if that happens I still feel slightly tempted to do the clue). As my motivation for clues dropped over the years the time it takes me to finish them has nearly trippled. Back in the old days I would spend about 15min max on a clue, today I might spend up to 60 minutes on a single level 3 clue, simply cause I can't be bothered focusing on my screen to do finish the same puzzle for the 1.000th time and knowing I won't get anything decent anyways.

Owned_4ever2

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png