Tip.it Times Presents: Remembering the Good ol' Days.

MPM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, a good read. I sometimes do get frustrated when less experienced people ask me stupid questions. Then I put myself in their shoes, and think, when I was this level, what would I have expected this person to do? I try to do what I would have expected myself to do, or, even go out of my way and help them more.

I also try not to be bias of what their combat level they are.

tfssig.png

Rome never conquered all of Europe ;) I seem to recall more than a few disasters in what is now Germany :twisted:

They actively recruited from nations conquered for the legions, and awarded them full citizenship after service, so both these points you make about their "superioty complex" are wrong :P

Your other sweeping generalisations about youth being sneered upon by older people is also somewhat blinkered. Sure there are people like this, but most aren't It's done by those that never get much further than the local public house, not the more adventurous.

Of those who say nothing, few are silent -=Thomas Neil =-

"You never really understand a person until you step into their skin and walk around in it." (or something like that).

I know I used the "I got hacked" thing a few years back. I didn't know any better, but soon I learned that begging was not the answer. I also got fooled by the old, "I'll trim your iron longsword". I was devastated by that, lol. But here you see me today with almost 30mil in my bank. 99 fishing ftw.

If you look down at my signature you'll notice I'm still selling 4k monks.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

nice article, it had a lot of good points. a lot of questions too, but oh well.

I think a good example of this is people complaining about how expencive everything is now compaired to how it was back then. but when you think about it, the prices are pretty much the same. a bottle of soda used to be worth a penny, but minimum wage was like 10 pennies. a bottle of soda now is like a dollar, and minimum wage is like 8 dollars. so it really hasn't changed that much.

P.S. most of this might be completly wrong. I'm pretty sure I've heard of this prices, but i duno. if anyone could comfirm the actually prices that'd be great.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

good article,

i myself have been playing rs since 2001, now i have quit alot and i rarely play anymore. I am still level 95 (been 95 for 3 years now) i still get called a noob which in a way i am a noob to the "new" ways of runescape. I know how to do alot of things in game and i try to help out as much as i can by hiring "noobs" to get my cow hides or to mine me iron or w/e.

some older players are very mean to new players but everyone needs to realize that we were all new players once and all asked for help at least once so lets continue the deed onto newer folk.

dvs_skater.gif

Nice article, but... correct me if I'm wrong, most immigration from the British Isles to the Americas actually came from Ireland following the Great Potato Famine during the 1840s; and most in south-western Ireland (which was hit hardest by the Famine) certainly did not think about England. In fact, England was actually a magnet for immigration following the expansion of the Industrial Revolution, not a source of migrant workers.

As another has said before me, I'm a bit... offended by your generalisation that the youth are ignorant of what their elders have to say. That may be true for some, or even most young people. But that is certainly not true for all. To use an example from History, Alexander didn't become 'Great' by ignoring the lessons Aristotle taught him during the start of his reign of Macedonia.

The point of your article still remains true, however. People should always draw lessons from the experiences of those who have lived through them previously. That's how human knowledge develops.

Good Read. I remember getting owned by a goblin back when I was level 4 now... :-$

Maybe I should stop running away from level 10's asking where Lumbridge is now.... :roll:

So I herd You Liek Markip2's?

Barrows Drops: V helm x1, Dh Helm x1

Dragon Drops: 0

Finally finished RFD on 8/30/08!

First one to complete Lumbridge Achievement Diary In World 99 FTW!

markip2.png

I'm a bit... offended by your generalisation that the youth are ignorant of what their elders have to say.

The problem is that any article anywhere will always have a level of generalisation (generally they do anyway :mrgreen: ). Just not enough space to de-generalise.

But good article ... I remember when I was a youngun ...

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL