Tip.It Times Presents: Construction & The Price...

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Construction & The Price Behaviour of Rares

Duke_Freedom

Yes, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s that time again! I hope that the mathematical gibberish and interesting graphs in this article will entertain you once again. The subject this time? Well, in the first part of this article, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll redo some calculations on construction, and...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exkarotis
First Post!! O:)

232 billion gp...Wow... :shock:

thanks for that enlightening post... :|

Good article. All the maths makes my head hurt...

I was also intrigued by the immense drop in growth around 1-12-2003

Ah yes, the result of the famous duplication of 6-11-2003, which you can read a little more about here if you never heard about it. :)

Very interesting graph...it seems like rares are on another upswing atm.

BTW Duke, do you still play?

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

Very nice article! I've always liked Duke's articles. Good work on the graphs also! :D

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I find duke a very smart individual on this subject and was amazed by his first article that i saw and followed it to help myself get into the rare market. I was very sad when he was banend, ppl said idk 500 santas? anyways im glad he still continues to help out with his amazing articles.

Although im not in the market as much as i was b4 due to being hacked, i still got a green now its still very helpfull.

Btw, just a random question lol. Are you going to be an economist when you grow up?

just as a ending note ...

DUKE YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

black_firexp.png

Hmm, interesting

*strokes goatee*

Any chance you could explain your master graph? To the untrained and ignorant eye it just looks like a squiggle with no definable period. What is the period and what does this mean for the economy? Also, if as you say, the price of rares rises and falls with the total amount of gp in the game, why does this graph fluctuate so much? That wouldl surely mean that the total amount of gp in the game fluctuates as well.

Nice work though

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

i like how much it cost beacuse then its harder for people to catch me as i head off to 99. also its quite and easy skill to raise if u put it with a money making skill.

say magic logs- cut 400 a day- sell for planks- train con - could get 99 in 60 days.

i also like the fact that rares will drop beacuse id like to have both.

:mrgreen:

(ps- spent 600k on magic trees today for my garden lolz)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2306/1kw4.gif[/img]

~ÃÆââ¬Â Ã¢ââ‰â¢ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡ÃâìÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦R ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàHÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâöNÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃ

A Nice article again. :)

But I thought about one more thing... Construction drains more money than just the xping costs. There are ~8000 players who can construct a gilded altar (with +3 tea and the crystal saw).

If everyone has built it (and I think most of them have) and a gilded altar costs 2x 425k marble block + 4x 135k gold leaf = 1390k (if I remember correctly), it's a huge amount of money drained. If they construct marble burners too, it's 850k more.

That's about 10,8-17,6 bil away from the RS economy, without counting the other items built in player's houses.

Pro Einari (level-119)

Attack 97 Strenght 99 Defence 90 Hits 96

On a break, again.