Weekly Poll: What do you think of RS membership prices?

Kiara_Kat

This week's poll, What do you think of RS membership prices? is up on the main Tip.It website, please be sure to vote before the poll closes. If you'd like to discuss the poll topic, or talk about the poll results so far, this is the place to do it.

Thanks

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally reasonable.

Edit - I would like to know who said 5 dollars was unreasonable? :shock:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

dudes there r many different ways of paying and they all cost more than they should if u canadian

So you pay like what maybe 10 dollars in American money? I still find that reasonable for a game such as runescape.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

its not bad, consider you work an hour in a minimum wage job and you pay for your month of members, a week is like how many years of runescape? but still foe $5 i could buy other stuff, but probbaly not anything as entertaining that would last 2 years so far and could last 10 more years.

Depends on your method of paying. 3 quid 20 I think it is if you pay thru credit cards, thats fine. But once you look at the phone prices (fiver) I think it is to expencive. Also, this better not turn in to a 'omg 5 $$$ so cheep man y u so por' kind of thread. People gotta realising that five dollers/3 quid means different things to different people.

Quick question: Do you get discounts if you buy like a whole year or something?

I see restaurant commercials & I think: just don't go out to eat one night & become P2P.

I actually think that five dollars is a bit cheap. P2P really has many times greater items, skills, etc. than F2P

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I said reasonable, but it really depends on how you pay. $7.30 CND by credit card is fine, and that's how I pay. It's about what I pay for a slice of pizza and a pop for lunch (now THAT'S unreasonable). Then they have PayPal and other online pay services, which they cleverly mark as $7.95 US (while the others are in Canadian). But once you get into pay-by-phone, $10.99 is just stupid. I understand that there is fees that they have to pay, and that anyone who has a phone likely has a credit card, but I bet if they were willing to absorb a few of those extra fees and standardize the price across the board, they would see a increase in membership.

I don't see how people are voting that it could be lower. What do you want, $2.50 for a month of membership? $5 is incredibly reasonable: I could just not buy lunch at school one day and steal food from my friends to fund membership for a month.

Maybe it's not always $5 for membership around the world, I'm not entirely sure how the price conversion goes. But you don't have to pay by phone or whatever and pay the extra money, just get a $5 debit card and use that. For the benefits that a membership provides, $5 seems more than reasonable in my eyes.

I was the person that came up with the idea for that poll and gueess what i voted-Im not member and dont plan on becoming one, lol :P

~Dark~

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

I think when people throw it up in people's faces about how cheap it is they tend to forget that not everybody lives where they do. In Australia some months i have paid up to $15 AUD for membership and for me that is just too expensive for a game.

Right now i am lucky that my boyfriend has a Visa Debit card and we subscribe both accounts under the one card so i pay $10 a month per account. But still there are a lot of people who aren't lucky enough. I also payed $50 for membership one month when i did it via the phone, granted this wasn't because of Jagex but still.

In Australia there aren't many options for people younger than 18 to get membership. They can't do paypal, they can't have credit/debit cards, you can't call the phone line from your prepaid mobile. There isn't an sms service set for people. Granted there are money orders but the Australian Postal service isn't always that great and you'd be waiting three weeks for membership.

Maybe bring in some of these other options for the younger kids would improve sales and make it easier and more affordable for membership.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I don't think that membership costs too much is the problem.

I, for one, am not a member because of the payment methods.

sorasig3sj9.jpg

---

Do not ask God for an easy life. Ask him for the strength to endure a difficult one.

Pansy: a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man. (Oxford English Dictionary)

zezimatalkingzp0.png

I think the price could be more, and I'd still pay. If they had another stage of membership, with a few more features, I'd definitely pay.

Why is there no option for that?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+