Tip.It Times Presents: It's All About The Levels

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

It's All About The Levels

The Editor

One of the nice things about MMORPGs is levelling. Do "X" enough times and your skill level will increase. If you need to know how long it will take to get from your current level to your next goal, Tip.It has some handy-dandy skill calculators that will tell you exactly how many iron bars, oak logs, lobsters, coal, or whatever you have to make, chop, burn, cook...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay first post!

True that it would be very great if you could up levels in real life, 99 work anyone? "Congratulations, you have advanced a work level. You can now work on some serious projects!"

And working on a single skill is extremely boring, such as 2k feathers (my current goal), 1500 willows for my level 60 woodcutting <3: , or something I've never done, 1000 coal and 500 iron.

Such goals require an immense amount of determination and a strong will (or something to play with while your character kills a tree).

For the Mysterious Editor, Congratulations! You have advanced a writing level, you may now write the basic alphabet!

mememe513.png

your school level is now 99. You will automatically get A's in everything.

So many funny things you could make.

An interesting read, but doesn't it contradict another one you wrote?

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

your school level is now 99. You will automatically get A's in everything.

So many funny things you could make.

An interesting read, but doesn't it contradict another one you wrote?

Lol I must have lvl 90 then cause I still get B's in algebra :evil:

Very interesting read while I was doing my not so great but easy treasure trail ^.^

p5hngmeawy19.png

The article was a good read. Yes, you bring about alot of very fine points about the game. It really makes you think. But, If you do only have one strong account, you can access some of the best parts of the game. DKing, KQ hunting, all the good stuff, but as a pure, it can be difficult. Would anyone honestly try to kill the KQ with 1 def? or 1 prayer?

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

It was a very nicely written article, in my opinion. =D> :thumbsup:

I'm not quite sure how you're able to keep your skills so close...my skill's average deviation was a whopping 8.9 :oops: ...I prefer to keep skills in the same category closer together instead of all of my skills within a small range of each other. 8-)

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

wewt! My geek level is now 45 i can now play dungeoons and dragons and read nerdy sci fi! Not the best article yet but I agree about the pure thing i have 1 all rounder main and a prayer pure (he's level 1 in everything excpet prayer which is 2 lol) and i never use him except for when i'm really bored. :wall:

Good article...But is it just me, or does the Editor sound younger in some parts, and older in others? Anyways, it would be nice to have IRL levels...The possibilitys... Anyways, a good article, an dit pretty much seemed to represent me on the "I can only do X for one hour before gettign bored thing". I admire people who do one thing the whole time, partly why I admire how people, like my friend can stay with thiose goals. My friend stayed with his 99 agility goal and didn't do anything else...He had massive patience to do that, but of course, he had a huge RSOF topic on it and was racing a friend, so that may have made it easier on him. Sorry for that off-topicness, but, again, good article. =D>

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Those leveling jokes were pretty funny. I think everyone wishes you could raise levels in life. Anyway this was a well written article good job =D>

Congratulations you have just reached lvl 99 in posting!

you can now post boring long informaton that nobody cares about!

prospektssigza4.jpg

I've heard some of those real life levels before but different ones :P

I'm the type of single main skill pure person that I stay determined on one skill till I get lvl 99 & Top 21 :D :D

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Wonder why the Editor said "Emo" instead of emotional? Sounds like the Editor is getting mad at a certain group. I personally dislike anyone involving depression with the emotional type. Just seems a bit rash for the Editor to seem so blunt.

I might be to bold to say this but I think the Editor needs to stop moping and do something if he is just going to put crude like words into his article. Seems immature as well, saying the emotional types whine and things like that when emotional could also means poetic to drepessional to just plain angery.

I don't do emo

Well he seems emotional in this topic but thats just me. Not ranting just saying he seems false to his own words. Though the Editor has powerful friends that will not inflict terror or fear into me. I said my piece, I am looking forward to a response to the man himself then a messenger. Why must he hide behind a mask?

Have you ever seen this girl or guy that hides herself behind a mask?

Have you ever wondered or cared to ask?

I am a bold man to step in the light and say my accustions. Be plain and don't be rash, thank you for reading.

Those were some very harsh words you said there Jock. Not saying you dont have a right to say those things, and you did release them in a polite manner but i think that you kinda of went over board when you read what the editor was saying. Im not shure if he was reffering to people being "emo" or not but they are his oppinions and he hs just amout of right to say those things as you said in you post.

prospektssigza4.jpg

I play the same way as the editor for the same reasons, except that I spend lots of time doing things; I figured out how to not get bored. I listen to the radio or read.

I also have a problem with the emo thing, I kind of like emo music, although it isn't my favorite. But what he said was very prejudiced.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

This article actually made me a little sad.

Does anyone else find the fact that it IS all about leveling a little disturbing, or is it just me? I could swear this game used to be fun-related.

Something I think Runescape has gotten away from, and I think this is evidenced by the "Make-X" options, is being consistently enjoyable. It's a game for crying out loud, and yet many parts of it are as onerous as doing your chores.

It used to be that the community and having people to talk to made the skilling fun and worthwhile. Now we don't even have that.

Ah well, now I'm rambling. Don't mind me - I'm just a disillusioned Runescape Classic player who thinks that he shouldn't have to click quite so much in a game made for fun. I'll just stick to my PKing, my last refuge in a game full of monotony.

EDIT: And now I come to the Editor's defense.

People seem to be worked up over the emo reference. He simply said that unlike others, he doesn't get upset that he isn't on top in the Highscores. The emo thing was just used in a simple phrase to say he doesn't get sad.

I sense no prejudice or hate from the phrase - I see simply a phrase saying that he isn't emo because life is too short. To be honest I agree with him. (I'm using masculine pronouns because it's easier. I apologize to the editor if it was a girl).

Calm down, people. \'

This article actually made me a little sad.

Does anyone else find the fact that it IS all about leveling a little disturbing, or is it just me? I could swear this game used to be fun-related.

Something I think Runescape has gotten away from, and I think this is evidenced by the "Make-X" options, is being consistently enjoyable. It's a game for crying out loud, and yet many parts of it are as onerous as doing your chores.

It used to be that the community and having people to talk to made the skilling fun and worthwhile. Now we don't even have that.

Ah well, now I'm rambling. Don't mind me - I'm just a disillusioned Runescape Classic player who thinks that he shouldn't have to click quite so much in a game made for fun. I'll just stick to my PKing, my last refuge in a game full of monotony.

Leveling is the basis, but it is by no means the only thing you can do. :)

And also...this community that people keep talking about that's dissapearing...you've just closed your eyes. It's there, you just have to go look for it. :) (SODB, for instance)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Leveling is the basis, but it is by no means the only thing you can do. :)

And also...this community that people keep talking about that's dissapearing...you've just closed your eyes. It's there, you just have to go look for it. :) (SODB, for instance)

I agree that there are other things to do, but without levels it severely limits the other options. For example uests are a pretty significant part of the game, and most of those require a good bit of leveling.

And yea, there are still some communities out there. But if you walk into a smelting spot and say, "Hi" you're about a hundred times as likely to get icy silence than a few years ago. :|

By the way, SODB? I'm afraid I've no idea what it is. :P

it is like you were talking bout me in that lol. the only difference is that i had decided to make a pure to see wat it was like and instead of just raising certain skills started to devote all my time to him. then i got sick of one skill and have started to balance him out. but yes, i cannot stand raising one skill forever either. therefore, because mage is my favorite skill and i want to get it up. i raise it until i get bored. then, i do something else that is fun and productive, like castlewars or my new favorite, the sorceres garden for thieving and farming xp. then i go back to the steel dragons for my mage lvs.

good luck in the future with ur skills

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

that was quite an enjoyable read ::'

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010