Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
Lowest known level to have completed while guthix sleeps?
There's no real discussion value here, is there? What would we discuss? If someone level 85 beat it, they'd probably post their own topic. Unless you were thinking of making this thread their trophy case, but I doubt that'd work. So tell me, what would we discuss in this thread?
-
Dragon Claws
If the dragon claws are overpowered, the Armadyl Godsword is overpowered. It's more accurate, and is a better weapons besides the special. I still don't know if dragon claws have a better special attack, but if they're overpowered, AGS is too. However dragon claws only require 60 attack, but no one cares about attack requirements anymore (or at least they shouldn't). As long as it's over a certain point, it means there won't be pures made just for it. But seriously, I don't think there will be "dragon claw" pures. If there are, with 60 attack only, I'm not worried, they'll be quite innacurate. That's the big downside to the dragon claws. They're innacurate. However, I think they still hit as much damage if you only hit 3/4 times as 4/4 (I think the bunch the hits together like 0%-100%-50%-50% from what I saw). If you miss twice, the damage is reduced, I think, so its low accuracy is its weakness. However, we don't exactly know the pattern yet... One way or another, they have low accuracy compared to the AGS, so they won't be overpowered unless you classify AGS the same.
-
The messed up combat... shape...?
Melee can beat range and range can beat melee. Melee can beat mage but mage can only beat melee. lolwat? So anyway, mage beats melee, melee beats range, range beats mage. What's the point? You already admited mage can beat melee, so what are you arguing for\against? A slow hitter is bad for a battle starter. And mage already maxes 50+ without spec; not that anyone sticks to 'pure' combat classes nowdays. How can mage hit 50+...? And what I was trying to say with the first quote is that melee and range can bend the combat triangle. They can potentially beat any side of the triangle. Mages, can only kill rangers alone. Of course, they could just slap on armor and a scimitar, but if we said that, it would never end with all the switching. When using only one type of combat, melee and range can beat any of the triangle. However, mage only beats melee, and I suppose itself.
-
Bank Addition! (Updated, again) - 40+ Supporters
Yes, I totally support! After trying to cram all my junk into one inventory to price check, I know I'd want this feature! I had to take like 4 price checks, add them all together, and I still couldn't check my whole bank. I'd need dozens of painstaking price checks, and add them all up. I need this feature!
-
Im dying for no reason!!!
Now let's think... Summoning and prayer do not get lowered automatically when they are above max. Why? Because they do not gradually restore to max. Wether you like it or not, all skills besides summoning and prayer always want to go to their true level. Unless, you want hp to not restore at all, so you can run around with higher leveled hp for a little longer? In short, if hp were to stay boosted, it wouldn't be able to automatically regenerate. It's just how the programming works.
-
Catherby farming graphic thingy
You don't know the first thing about plant fashion! Everyone knows black goes with everything, especially plants!
-
Tip.It Times Presents: Wasted Bullets
If that's what he says, that's probably an excuse. Why would he be talking about RSC prices?
-
Ideas for the blackened map areas in upcoming content
Okay, good. I'll just ignore this thread then.
-
weird flying glitch
Are you kidding me? How on earth are you going to report someone for bug abuse? Make them admit they're abusing a bug, and explain it in fine detail? Not gonna happen... As for the glitch, I think I saw someone doing that before... I only saw them for a second or two. Before I knew what was going on, they seemed to fly away.
-
Grasping the game..
Enough with the babying. Jagex started babying their new players not too long ago, with warnings absolutely everywhere. If you wanted to go in a dark cavern, it would warn you instantly. If there was a potentially strong monster ahead, another warning. It takes the feeling of exploration out for new players. It used to be trial and error, where everyone had to figure out for themselves. If they wanted to be sure what they're doing is safe, they can use the Knowledge Base or a fansite. But now, you can't explore, and figure things out for yourself, you're completely babied with every potentially dangerous move you make. There are only two times where Jagex left it to the player to figure it out. First, the Summer quests. They didn't put anything about them in the Knowledge base. The spirit realm was unknown, and the Corporeal Beast was left mysterious. Sure, there was a warning before entering his room, but he can kill you almost instantly after all. Jagex left it to the players to figure it out, not giving away all its weaknesses, and the locations of the spirit portals on the Knowledge Base. The second exception is pretty much all of While Guthix Sleeps. There are almost no warning when things are about to get dangerous. Movario's base was the perfect example of how Jagex is slowly moving away from babying players. In his base, everything you do could lead to a trap. You're stuck there until you complete the puzzle, no teleporting or going back. Personally, I was surprised, and very happy when I figured out I was stuck, as it's a step in the right direction. This shows Jagex is in control, and if you wanted to go back to mine some essence, TOO BAD, you've got to wait. The new quest was ruthless, to be expected of a Grandmaster quest, and I expect to see more ruthlessness in the future. After the quest, if you go back to the temple, without warning, several level 454 demons could flat out kill you. Sure, maybe not fair to new players, but new players can't get there. By the time you've completed While Guthix Sleeps, you should be prepared for the worst. Jagex also never said anything about the Tormented Demons, or anything about the quest, in the Knowledge Base. You're left to find their weaknesses yourself. Another step in the right direction. Now, if there are tutorials for everything, that's taking ten steps backwards. Stop babying the new players, why can't they figure things out for themselves? By the time you even think of going to the Godwars Dungeon, you're more than capable of doing something without a tutorial. If I had a tutorial wherever I go, I'd feel terrible, as I'd be treated as a dumb kid, incapable of doing anything on his own. I say that there should be NO tutorials any more, except minigames, of course. That would be treating us like a bunch of idiots, I do not support.
-
dairies cape coming soon?
No, it would only be able to control time...
-
Why can't F2P have...?
The only thing I'd say the non members really need are skillcapes. Come on, they work so hard on 99 skills, which are even harder in f2p, why can't they show it off? I'm a member, by the way, but still, they deserve skillcapes.
-
What I hate about getting PKed... other than dying
People attack me in PvP worlds even if I have no items. Sometimes I just want to be somewhere for whatever reason, but people kill me even if I have nothing! I do some damage to them, I waste their food, they get nothing, and their drop rate decreases... Real smart, guys. Just leave me alone!
-
Dragon Claws
I think that's just a rumor. It couldn't possibly be true... Could it, COULD IT?!
-
dairies cape coming soon?
No life trim. Wouldn't 99 everything be the no life trim? Or you can get any skill cape no life trimmed by getting 200mil xp in it.
-
The future achievement diaries?
Good call... I wouldn't know where to categorize Mos'le Harmless, but you can get there from Port Phasmatys. Unless they release more pirate islands *coughsailingcough*, then they could all be their own diary. Or maybe just random islands in general *againcoughsailingcough*, called the "Island Diary" or something.
-
The messed up combat... shape...?
[hide=] What outfit is that? Please tell me...? Please? I'd be glad to. Fire Cape (I have to use 99, no fire cape yet) Verac's Helm Master Wand Ahrim Robetop Dragonfire Shield Ahrim Robeskirt Dark Gloves Dragon Boots Seer's Ring You forgot the horribly expensive staff that is destroyed in an hour. Nope, that's the staff you use for one cast in your inventory for 3k. KO and damage are two entirely separate things. Mage can deal out a LOT of damage, but the KO is slightly weaker with a max of around 50 in a single hit - but still almost the same as a non-special range weapon, and enough to take down players given that it almost always hits. [/hide] How exactly would you deal with rangers? They can hit faster, harder, and have good defence against magic? Melee can beat mage and range, range can be mage and melee, but mage can only beat melee... If the meleer gets lucky and not be frozen for a split second, and gets lucky again, with a good special, you'd probably be dead. I don't like how melee has a chance of ohko, range does with dark bowverepowered, and mage only can use decent speed hits of 30 at max. Of course, they hit slower because of the miasma, but that's only if you have that super expensive staff, that crumles to dust after a while... I just wish melee and range would have their hits lowered, or at least give mage some potential ohko. Like maybe a staff with a special attack? It would charge up three of the spell set on autocast, and fire them out all at once. It won't be helpful mid battle, as it would take just as long as firing three shots, but it would be great for battle starters, like the dark bow.
-
Achievement Outfit?
It all turns light green and you can shoot minty colored Hadoukens as a spell that doesn't use runes! Wait, I hope that the colors match in the first place... I don't want it to be a mix and match ugly looking set. Well maybe if you wear it full, it changes to one color... So far Karamja gloves are dark green and Varrock armor is very light green, more like limestone. Maybe all different shades of green? Or light green helm, plate, and legs, and dark green gloves, boots, and amulet! That would look awesome!
-
The future achievement diaries?
What areas do you think the achievement diarys will occupy? I say: -Falador/Rimmington/Port Sarim -Relleka/Islands -Pollivneach/Sophanem/Nardah/Al Kharid/Menaphos* -Canifis/Port Phasmatys/Mort'ton/Burgh de Rott/Meiyerditch** -Ardougne/Gnome Stronghold/Yanille/Isafdar*** -Camelot/Taverley/Burthrope/Trollheim -The Wilderness**** *If it ever opens **If it gets anything new and interesting by then ***Maybe, maybe not, or if expanded, its own diary ****Oooh, spooky! Sorry, I just like using asteriks...
-
The 150th Quest
I'd probably cry out of joy and sorrow. I love quests, I don't want it to end! Would you even be allowed to play anymore if you become a god, or would the Guthixian Edicts automatically ban you?!
-
Runescape 'Everests'
Beat all bosses without food. That would make it a fair fight, you don't see the KBD healing, do you? Personally, I could probably beat the King Black Dragon without food, and that's about it. I couldn't imagine the GWD bosses, let alone the Corporeal Beast beaten without eatin'. Well, that's why it would be a "Runescape Everest". I challenge each and every one of you to beat as many bosses as you can without healing! Make a video too, please. I gotta see someone do this!
-
Falador Diary Predictions!
Medium: Pose on the plinth by the Falador gates. Would require Garden of Tranquility (to the point where you remove the statue). Afterwards, you can pose on the plinth in any time you want, wouldn't that be such fun? I always wanted to be a statue...
-
Tip.It Times Presents: Wasted Bullets
Think back... killing the King Black Dragon was a huge accomplishment. I just killed The Feared Dragon alone using only 4 sharks. Not to mention, I don't even have close to the best armor and weaponry! Maybe in a few years, Godwars dungeon would be a low level training area. Sharks more common that the water they swim in, cheaper than the dirt they don't. Potions as cheap as plain water. Several Godswords being obtained daily by mid level players alone. Of course, more difficult things would be released, unimaginable to beat at our current time period.
-
Range Haters United!
I'm going to be as blunt as possible. YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS!
-
The time has (almost) come!
They said the 150th quest would be uberepic pwnage, but skill quests are usually dull and easy. When did they ever mentioned that? They promised a Grandmaster quest, which has already come out. They never said the 150th one would be it A Jagex Mod said something along the lines of, "I won't give you any hints for the 150th quest, except that I'm very excited". So there must be something important with it. Maybe a new skill, big new area (elf or east), or another Grandmaster quest.