Tip.It Times Presents: Wasted Bullets

n_odie

Another Tip.It Times for you!

This week's article, Wasted Bullets by stormveritas, covers the challenge that the Dragon Platebody has faced thus far and how it is a warning to future updates. Enjoy the article!

I started playing this game in October of 2005. The most valuable non-rare item in the game at the time was the Dragon Chainbody, which was valued in the neighborhood of 20-25 million coins. Although it was a value I couldnt wrap my head around, the Chain was an incredible find...

>>>Wasted Bullets<<<

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think jagex should make super powerful items

in pvp fights, people die fast already

i remember in my earlier scaping days, the fights in quests were long and challenging

now i used very little food and or potions, fights seem to easy

better items would worsen that

also FIRST POST YAY

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

A good read, and very true. It was an item designed to exist many years ago, and does not survive in the economic atmosphere of today.

Unless they add in a set effect when the kite comes out, dragon is dead. :(

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think They could Had been better Improvments To The platebody. as Its Rubbisher then Torags Platebody And Around about the Same with bandos. I Mean What Is the Point with the long Awaited Item. And its Coming 3rd In the Game. Aswell as Being 20M Expensive Then The Best. a Good read. and Puts The Point. "Dragon Platebody Is Rubbish"

Btw. Dragon isn't dead. the Weps Pwn =)

Firstly: You CANNOT claim any price rise or fall as similar to the collapse of the Global Economy. There is no comparison at all. This is a single item and has no effect on the way people live their lives (in Runescape let alone the world).

Secondly: I disagree with the idea the game is moving into a "Raid" ideology. If that were so we would have instances already with Boss Monsters, a more developed loot-sharing system, improved Guild/Clan controls, and much more. Jagex needs to develop higher level content as their game has been around for nearly half a decade (maybe more?) and there are still players who have been with them since near the beginning. These players are higher leveled, in young adult age (17-24), and have disposable income. Jagex would target them to keep them from switching to games such as Dungeon Runners or World of Warcraft. Giving Higher Leveled quests and monsters is one of the few things high leveled players can look forward to. Something to actually keep them playing the game.

For example I have not truly played this game in a great while. Now that my own Winter Break is arriving I have a backlog of quests which I have not needed to train for. There are only 4 quests which I cannot complete because of Skill Requirements. This will bring me back into the game so that I can once again complete all of the storylines. Also keep in mind the sheer number of players who return after a new skill is released. It's something new, yet to be conquered by these high level players. Jagex needs to service these players as they have the highest lifetime customer value. That value can be significantly reduced if there is no more content past level 80 combat.

Thirdly: Balancing this game is a task which most forum-goers will highly underrate. I'm not going to pretend I have that knowledge. I would like to say that Jagex is doing what's best for the game and we have seen in the past take feedback from the players. If players are demanding Higher-Level content then Jagex will put in such content. I would LOVE to have instances and "raid"-style events where I could jump in with a bunch of Tipiters and have a great time while gaining lots of experience and loot but there is no such thing. Lootshare, ClanChat, and those bits of content are insignificant in a more organized structure. They serve as a wonderful base for pick-up groups and a future development of full Clan systems that have member rosters, communal banks, ability to fight in instances, etc.

Very nice Times this week.

I hope the dragon plate keeps crashing. I don't care if my dragon armor shard becomes really cheap, but I'll be about 1/3 way to a dragon plate if I sell it. Then, the rest of affording it should be easy, as it'll be technically worthless. Muhahaha! It's all coming together now!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Very true, too little too late. At this point, I'm not so sure even the release of a set effect could save dragon from this price spiral, unless it's really good. Don't expect people to pay upwards of 50m for 5% added to their strength bonus(just and example set effect).

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

I wonder if the huge fall-of in the price of the Dragon plate has more to do with the changes in the game's economy. With the death of real world training, isn't there a lot less money floating around in Runescape these days? The article touches on the issue of trading from one equipment from characters owned by the same player--this is true with having that bot miner/tree chopper that many had back in the day. Since a lot of players cannot cheat the system these days, they are not willing to put in the time to raise huge sums of money to buy the latest goods. This isn't to say that part of the price decline isn't also what was outlined--the Runescape powers that be waited too long to release Dragon plate. Had all that illegal, ill-gained money still been floating around in the Runescape economy, as it was only a year ago, the price might not have dropped.

n1407864037_168131_4289.jpg

What the heck is a Defense Noob and why is it a bad thing?

I think jagex have waited to long to release their Dragon Items.

There are way too many items that overclass Dragon these days.

Il also say that im afraid of pking in members worlds because someone will come out of nowhere and hit me from 90 hp down to 10 in a second.

Jagex either have to raise the hp bar or nerf every single weapon in runescape if they want to bring out even more powerfull weaponry.

A different way is to make armour more defensive then it is now and more sensitive to other attack styles such as magic against melee and range against magic.

I also found the tip funny because it was totaly random and I had no idea one could do that. :lol:

Tbh I was just bloody annoyed to see it drop so much as I ended up only getting 5m from the quest rather than 10m but I guess thats me just being whiny. ::'

Good article btw,

All things considered eventually the D plate will become cheaper than the D chain. It might take years but in the end enough people will have completed the quest or got drops from demons to drive the price below that of the chains, at that point maybe it will stop being as useless and instead be a good piece of armour for lower lvl players.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Tbh I was just bloody annoyed to see it drop so much as I ended up only getting 5m from the quest rather than 10m but I guess thats me just being whiny. ::'

Good article btw,

All things considered eventually the D plate will become cheaper than the D chain. It might take years but in the end enough people will have completed the quest or got drops from demons to drive the price below that of the chains, at that point maybe it will stop being as useless and instead be a good piece of armour for lower lvl players.

only 5m from a quest :roll: + elite and d'hai robes.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

They waited far too long.

Why should I pay 20m+ for an item, when I get get a better item at around 250k? :thumbdown:

Good read, but a tad bit short.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

A good read, and very true. It was an item designed to exist many years ago, and does not survive in the economic atmosphere of today.

Unless they add in a set effect when the kite comes out, dragon is dead. :(

i completely agree

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

99 cooking achieved on december 7th 2008

That is so true. Dragon plate has been out for too long which has caused people to lose interest in them.

I'm curious as to the outcome of the dragon kite. Will the [bleep]e itself disappear after people realize what has happened to the dragon plate?

The plate's drop has little to do with timing of the update. Although the uselessness of the plate is the reason why it is still dropping, it started dropping from 50m street price because:

• [*:2s5l9fhb]The Tormented Demons dropped each piece on the rate that a piece should have been dropped - in other words, 3x too much. They were changed to be more common on the Friday after the quest and changed back this last Thursday.

[*:2s5l9fhb]People started to finish the few quests they had left and do the quest, then immediately sold their pieces for ~12m. This wouldn't be a huge factor if not for...

[*:2s5l9fhb]Dragon Plate smithing made assistable. No longer do you have to trust trade with street prices over GE prices or find a 99 smither with a plate - simply buy the hammer yourself and have someone assist you. Along the same lines, Jagex promised to make the smithing requirement 92 instead of 99, halving the exp required.

2496 Completionist

Imo Jagex should give f2p our hand-me-downs, in other words, our Dragon armour. That won't happen though, because they decided to give them Corrupt Dragon instead. :roll:

i think the only way to get dragon armour of weaponry back to life is making it a set (adding a new monster or quest with that reward)

and a kind of enchantement (maybe in the next grandmasterquest) giving it more bonusses and a crazy set effect, but for now, dragon is dead

When you hear my steps, it's already to late...

Deeste.png

i think the only way to get dragon armour of weaponry back to life is making it a set (adding a new monster or quest with that reward)

and a kind of enchantement (maybe in the next grandmasterquest) giving it more bonusses and a crazy set effect, but for now, dragon is dead

But of course we'd have to wait for the kite first :lol:

Imo Jagex should give f2p our hand-me-downs, in other words, our Dragon armour. That won't happen though, because they decided to give them Corrupt Dragon instead. :roll:

I actually think that would be an incredibly good idea. Give f2p a few of the items that P2P had a few years ago, and some of the areas, increased interest in the items will make them saught after again.

But yes, the plate should have been released 3-4 years ago definataly, now it's just out-dated.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Yes I agree that the problem lies in timing. The dragon platebody was just release a little too late. Now that there are so many better and cheaper armors(barrows, bandos, ect), spending 20M+ on an item which isn't as good just isn't desirable.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Short and simple, but... answered what happen this week. Dragon platebody is indeed a rare item, but its cost is way too much. I expect it to say around 10-15 million now :P.

Good job on the article 5/5.

~Bomb