Tip.It Times Presents: Wasted Bullets

n_odie

Like the idea has been tossed around here, releasing just dragon armor to f2p (nothing more either), would open up the market considerably and likely cause the prices of dragon to skyrocket. The problem that occurs with members have better cheaper alternatives doesn't exist in f2p, and they have a larger player base to spread it all out to (and in most cases tons of money with nothing to spend it on).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that D'plate should have been released way... way... earlier. I'd rather have bandos with better def now. And its about time now, d'pick axe should be released.

Most definitely, I need a reason to motivate me to mine other than just for the total levels and rune ore. -.-

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

i think jagex was rather optimistic about d plate but i dont think its a total loss sure it came out too late but its not a "bad" item i think most of the problem is mob psychology if we didnt have anything to contrast it with bandos,3rd age,barrows it would be an amazing plate and its still something decent and different to wear jagex shouldnt be makin better and better stuff at least not for melee (atm) and as for having more higher lvl items and quests thats fine with me however most people playing rs are about mid level and i personnally dont think theres enough mid level content (mid level beign say 65-100) they should expand on this area a bit more cuz i used to have fun beign a high lvl and doing arbitrary things with my freinds like go dagganoth hunting for spined armor or max on tzhaar but now all my freinds are around lvl 110 and more often then not are raiding or killing avaniese and for these you need relativly good cmb stats and perssonally i think its more fun to cut yews with a freind than die with strangers at gwd (not that i do but i tend to have to tele alot when my team does :? )

dragon just isnt as useful as it once was

with all the other types of armour and 3rd age as elite armour its hard for dragon to compete

999134fishy i would like to advise you that your forum signature links to a site automatically downloading a keylogger.

please get rid of it

dragon just isnt as useful as it once was

with all the other types of armour and 3rd age as elite armour its hard for dragon to compete

999134fishy i would like to advise you that your forum signature links to a site automatically downloading a keylogger.

please get rid of it

right and i would believe someone who just made his first post against all the people who use addict sigs

gtfo

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Meh, I have bandos. I have no need for a dragon plate :thumbsup:

Also, the long delay in the dragon armer coming out has done some serios to problems in the "rs dragon armer market" I would like to see a dragon kite though (not the flying kite :lol: )

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

:shame: This is exactly why I suggested that they make the the plate an upgrade of the dragon chain by adding plates to it. That would have actually made the dragon chains value increase instead of dropping through the floor the way it did.

I'll still get the plate just because I collect all the high level armors & weapons & dragon is still one of my favorites. They rolled out several of the things I'd suggested in one quest. Dragon claws, Dagon Hai robes & the dragon plate all in one big update. The elite is a nice looking bonus. Now we just need storage space in our P.O.H.s for them.

lord_uathen.png

I'm surprised nobody mentioned what could also be a very big issue concerning the dragon plate: the looks. When dragon full helm was released, not only was it hard to get, but many people really liked the look. The dragon plate looks just plain terrible. There is nothing at all impressive about it. People have come to expect the rarely released dragon parts be fiendish and threatening looking. Ive got to say that the boots, gauntlets, and now the plate have been a big letdown in the looks department. I've seen fan art depicting full dragon that just blows the real dragon plate out of the water. If it looked amazing, I can almost guarantee the price wouldn't have dropped the way it did, and still continues to do.

I think we need to start a thread with past drawings people have made of what they think dragon plate will look like. I'm pretty sure all of those look better than the actual plate.

hmmm....

the options part got me thinking about the future of rs.

Jagex pretty much have to release more powerful armours over and over.

they'll get too strong, and significant events such as the godwars dungeon will become obsolete, and what about storylines?

i'm gonna die laughing the day i see "we've ran out of ideas so we're making a second, more impossibly big godwar dungeon for no apparent reason, the rewards will kick other armours [wagon], therefore making it into the only armour worth having." on the frontpage.

if they upgrade every players capabilities then all the current bosses will become training fodder or something.

i cant get my head around how they plan on handling this.... :|

2Xeo5.png

i'd imagine that they will have to do like world of warcraft, make bigger levels, more powerful equipment, better spells, foods, and items

and f2p won't get dragon weapons and armour, it would just make all the monsters and everything underpowered, making them give more powerful monsters, which need better food, which need more content, more areas, more, more, more (insert rebel yell here)

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

hmmm....

they'll get too strong, and significant events such as the godwars dungeon will become obsolete, and what about storylines?

i'm gonna die laughing the day i see "we've ran out of ideas so we're making a second, more impossibly big godwar dungeon for no apparent reason, the rewards will kick other armours [wagon], therefore making it into the only armour worth having." on the frontpage.

if they upgrade every players capabilities then all the current bosses will become training fodder or something.

Think back... killing the King Black Dragon was a huge accomplishment. I just killed The Feared Dragon alone using only 4 sharks. Not to mention, I don't even have close to the best armor and weaponry!

Maybe in a few years, Godwars dungeon would be a low level training area. Sharks more common that the water they swim in, cheaper than the dirt they don't. Potions as cheap as plain water. Several Godswords being obtained daily by mid level players alone.

Of course, more difficult things would be released, unimaginable to beat at our current time period.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

hmmm....

Think back... killing the King Black Dragon was a huge accomplishment. I just killed The Feared Dragon alone using only 4 sharks. Not to mention, I don't even have close to the best armor and weaponry!

Maybe in a few years, Godwars dungeon would be a low level training area. Sharks more common that the water they swim in, cheaper than the dirt they don't. Potions as cheap as plain water. Several Godswords being obtained daily by mid level players alone.

Of course, more difficult things would be released, unimaginable to beat at our current time period.

You've managed to make that all sound a little bit realistic, but guess what... it'll never happen (or if it does RS won't be worth playing) without Jagex changing the max hp. Right now, with d claws you can 2 spec someone almost instantly, even if they have best armor and a sara brew. Imagine a 99 attack and strength weapon coming out... how much damage would that do? They need to upgrade max HP!

newsigac5.png

Dragon gear... These items have a real sense of history with this game. Granted I have only been playing since 11/06, I have been following the games progression since classic. Dragon weapons are still the mostly widely used, and feared among the game's current arnsonal. Poisoned dragon daggers... Dragon axes to cleave mighty Yews. That fabled Dragon 2-hander, dropped from that uber scary thing in the wild. With the exception of the few godswords and snazzy whips.... it is the poor man's weapon of choice. Now the armor in my eyes was never that good. Perhaps a bit better than rune for the meleers, but to a ranger or mage... hardly worth eyeing. Dragons are known for their fierce onslaught of power... while their armor may blunt many attacks... it is no match for the armor of the Gods. And thus should be so. Now alas... if the fabled dragon short bow comes to pass... and a special attack or summon ability granted to those who wear full dragon... then by all means, Jagex will continue to impress me with this wonderful game.

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

The writer missed what dragon has ment since it came out. Dragon was for the wealthy from the start not for the average scaper. It has bad defence bonuses because it's an armour for show and sometimes combat if the user prefers. Timing did not play much of a role because even if they released it earlier people still wouldn't have bought it because of it's extreme rarity and the fact that you need 92 smithing to smith it. I realy can't agree with this article at all because it's just plain wrong. Furthermore since people weren't as wealthy years ago as most are now I don't see it being any better back then because few would afford it and the average person who did combat couldn't afford it and would continue using rune.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The writer missed what dragon has ment since it came out.

OK, it's on now!

Dragon was for the wealthy from the start not for the average scaper. It has bad defence bonuses because it's an armour for show and sometimes combat if the user prefers.

False. When they came out, Dragon Legs, Medium Helm, and Scimitar were the best items available for their respective slot.

Timing did not play much of a role because even if they released it earlier people still wouldn't have bought it because of it's extreme rarity and the fact that you need 92 smithing to smith it.

Actually, extreme rarity would be an -incentive- for the price to go up. Since 92 Smithing can now be assisted, that has become a non-factor relative to timing.

I realy can't agree with this article at all because it's just plain wrong. Furthermore since people weren't as wealthy years ago as most are now I don't see it being any better back then because few would afford it and the average person who did combat couldn't afford it and would continue using rune.

Wealth is also relative. Whatever the starting price was to begin with, the rarity would increase the prestige effect of the item, as compared to other more prestigious items currently available (3rd Age Armor, Bandos Armor, etc.). The value of these items slowly erodes as they become more prevalent in the game, but it is a slow, gradual decline in price. The D Plate has completely fallen off the table.

stormveritas.png

If the dragon plate body gets a graphic revamp soon, I believe much could change on its current sour outlook. It looks bad now. And I suspect many others share my view. I expect it to look like granite plate/Rune plate... but only red and black? (Or something!) I want the bulky, I am in your face, about to stomp your head look. You teased us with the awesome look of the dragon full-helm... then let us down. As far as falling prices... We must get out of the mentality of pre-GE/Trade cap-free times of years ago. The game changed that day, and an economy was born. Folks just have to figure out how to play that aspect of the game as well. Good luck!

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

Lol it's on? You did miss the point entirely and I don't think challenging me to a debate will fix that.

False. When they came out, Dragon Legs, Medium Helm, and Scimitar were the best items available for their respective slot.

They might have been the best but back in RSC the D med was over 2M and if I'm not wrong it's still 2M now which is not for the average player. Also the scimitar is sold is stores so obviously it was not what I was talking about. Legs are cheap because players kill tons of dragons so again not what I was talking about.

Actually, extreme rarity would be an -incentive- for the price to go up. Since 92 Smithing can now be assisted, that has become a non-factor relative to timing.

Extremely rarity is not an incentive for the average player because extreme rarity means a higher price which the average person avoids. Also back years ago there were less 92 smithers and it was basically a trust trade back then so ya unless you had a good friend or 92 smithing you couldn't have made it without trusting a complete stranger who most likely didn't have the GP to back what it would have been worth.

Wealth is also relative. Whatever the starting price was to begin with, the rarity would increase the prestige effect of the item, as compared to other more prestigious items currently available (3rd Age Armor, Bandos Armor, etc.). The value of these items slowly erodes as they become more prevalent in the game, but it is a slow, gradual decline in price. The D Plate has completely fallen off the table.

The starting price was wrong thats why it dropped not because it was rare which at the time of release it wasn't. You have to remember that the starting price as due to Jagex and then merchants bought them all up making them hard to buy causing the GE to think it was a increased demand. Then when the shards became so abundant and to sell it caused it to drop. So it's all blamed on Jagex prices at first not the timing of the items release.

This article just missed the whole point sorry man otherwise it was well written.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

They might have been the best but back in RSC the D med was over 2M and if I'm not wrong it's still 2M now which is not for the average player. Also the scimitar is sold is stores so obviously it was not what I was talking about. Legs are cheap because players kill tons of dragons so again not what I was talking about.

I really hope you aren't serious.

On topic: Dragon was never really all that good, except for a bit in classic. Once barrows came out dragon armour was for show only, and it will stay that way forever....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

WTF is a raid?

Also, bounty hunter trading is not "illegal".

But bottem line dragon plate was released way to late, with way to high of a drop rate from a NPC that is way to easy to kill(can kill 45-60 per hour depending on world population), with pretty bad stats.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png