Everything posted by Romy
-
30th April 2009 - New Dwarf Quest: Diary 3
Since the day capes of achievement came out, I figured there will come a day where QP capes would be the hardest to get and most adoreable ones. Though that day still seems far away considering capes like Slayer, Prayer, Herblore, Agility, Farming and dare I say Construction...
-
The Easter Carrot Challenge
You can kill anything with chicken and flower. Yes. But it's impossible to do Jad with Carrot because it's TWO handed and -100 Crush. Even with bonuses, piety, and pots, you can't even hurt a mouse without spending an hour or more on it. it cant do over 0 damage, i have 99 attack plus i put on the best gear possible and still couldnt hit with it, making it over 1 attack, and it doesnt reduce your str that much, so its stats dont explain what the weapon does, which is hitting zeros only. I can gurantee you can attack with it. I hit a chicken with it once... And by the way, that was with >1< Attack.
-
Easter Eggs
I think it's a coincidence.
-
Improving dark beast....
The point is, that reacing 90 Slayer should be rewarding, or even very rewarding. Not only reaching such a high level on such a hard-to-train skill isn't rewarding, but it's even a bad thing to some extent, as you can now get Dark Beasts as tasks. Not that it's a big deal, but I don't see why it should be this way. I never had the chance to fight any Dark Beasts, but from what I know, mostly it isn't very rewarding/ rewarding at all. Sometimes you even lose money fighting these. Once again, the highest leveled Slayer monster should also be the most worth fighting (on most if not all aspects- exp wise, profit wise, drop value wise, etc). The maker of this thread did not intend to rant about those monsters (even though he did a little), he intended to say exactly what I had already said.
-
Improving dark beast....
That's not the point. What the maker of this thread is trying to explain (I doubt I do, but correct me if I'm wrong) is that the highest leveled Slayer monster should not only be profitable, but very profitable, especialy more than lower-level Slayer monsters. As of now, there is not point whatsoever to raise Slayer to 90, except for extra total exp, and perhaps a shiny skillcape if that's what you're going after. What the maker of this thread is saying (and again, correct me if I'm wrong), is that Dark Beasts' drops should be improved (perhaps drasticly) up to the point where it's a lot more profitable to kill than Abbysal Demons, or any other Slayer monster, and quite frankly, I agree. I'm going to have to disagree. Just because someone is good at debating, definately does not mean no one should debate him. On the contrary, if you argue over something with a "good debater" and win, you're rest assured that you're correct and should stick to your opinions.
-
Clan Chronicle issue #6 - Jagex Cup, PvP bug, too serious ++
I knew about that bug when it came out, and I warned many people of it. I told them they'd get banned for sure! Not a doubt! I thought JaGeX are serious about that, because they banned an old account of mine (after about a year and a half of playing) for it's name! (No, I'm not going to reveal the name). I thought a huge wave of bans would drive across the world of Gielinor. JaGeX failed me. :thumbdown:
-
A Realistic Addition/Update to Make-X Functions
Simple yet useful. Support : .
-
Praying Angels- a new mini game. Player owned Aura :D!
Thanks guys, for critisizing and supporting. I can't edit anything however, not the support list nor the suggestion itself. I had already told a Mod about this, and I hope it will be resorted soon. As for the name- I actualy found it quite fitting. As for the Prayer exp- I guess you have a good point. I will probably change it when I'll be able to edit again. As for the Prayer requirement- Again, a good point. As for the evil side- I already have a sequel mini-game for this one, which I intended to edit in. But, as I already mentioned, I can't just yet.
-
IDEA FOR REWARD FOR MAXING OUT EXP
Actualy, isn't that 16 times?
-
IDEA FOR REWARD FOR MAXING OUT EXP
I am not sure if Java uses the C++ language as I am just a novice kiddie programmer, but if I remember correctly, it can handle somewhere in the 2.4B region. Therefore, JaGeX could set the maximum Xp in the billions. java and c++ are two entirely different languages. The reason 2,147,483,647 is not the max value and 200,000,000 is, is because you have fractional amounts of EXP (only in increments of .1) A common shortcut in coding when the decimal will only be a few digits long (I would say 1-3) is to not actually use a decimal/double/single variable type, is to instead use an integer but format the output to appear like it is a decimal. So every time you deal one damage, which appears to give 4 exp, you are actually gaining 40 exp, the ones place is truncated from the client side display. Jagex could have had the maximum amount of EXP be 214,748,364.7, but thats kind of an awkward number. Yup this is why^^ I agree there doesnt need to be anythign for those people that ahve gotten 200mil xp and cemented themselves onto the highscore board. But i do think that jagex should remove the level 99 cap and let us gain levels from 99. That would completely mess up this game in so many ways.... If JaGeX would ever implement such a drastic move into the game, they must do it with caution. In addition, I don't think we need that, or at least not so soon. So many skills such as Crafting, Slayer, Woodcutting, have no actual use for in the very high levels except for extra total exp, and a skillcape perhaps.
-
Badly pronounce the above user's name!
cwingisgood.
-
IDEA FOR REWARD FOR MAXING OUT EXP
There's a big difference between 13 million experience and 200 million experience. You can get 13m exp pretty easily if you play on and off, maybe train while you do something in real life. 200m is a different story, it completely requires no-lifing. And Jagex has shown many times that they do not want to encourage people to forgo their life just to play Runescape, by making the six-hour time limit and etc. While the six hour limit gives people a helpful little "nudge" to getting back to real life, they haven't done too much more drastic because we are their customers, and they basically just want our money; if they can keep us acting reasonably, that's just a bonus. Anyways though, back to the point--if they have taken steps such as the six hour limit to prevent people from no-lifing, why would they flat-out ENCOURAGE no-lifing by giving somebody a rather powerful reward? I agree that 200M exp, even in the easiest of all skills, is too much. Just a side note to what you said- JaGeX only does that for "protocol" purposes. They would actualy like their players to play more (obviously, as a business), and if possible, no-life every once in a while.
-
Music in RS
Well, I had not played in a few months, and when I had, I didn't have music on. I remember when I first started playing (years ago) that I always listened to the different songs. Then when I first became a member on my very first main, I turned it off and started listening to the music I listen to normally. I can't remember why though :? . Anyway, this thread made me go back for a while, just so I could hear some of that music again :thumbup: .
-
~~**Useless Runescape Facts**~~ 75,000+ views! 1k+ Replies!
and you cant raise it by tears of guthix either Not entirely true. I used a skill lamp from Varrock Diary 1 to get 1k in summoning only a few days after its release. That's not a random event...
-
A....Rubik's cube?
:shock: :shock: !!!!
-
A sit down!!! [SUGESTION]
Couldn't agree more... :roll:
-
Can't seem to be able to edit
Nope, it's not locked. Me and many others had posted since it was "turned black".
-
Can't seem to be able to edit
Help? Anyone?
-
Can't seem to be able to edit
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but if it's not, I hope the mod who finds out would help. Not long ago I made a suggestion thread of a new mini-game, and I can no longer edit it. When I click the 'edit' button, I get to the correct link, just all I see is a black square in the place the text should be. I cannot edit, nor can I see my suggestion there. If it matters, here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=791006 Thanks in advance- Romy.
-
A....Rubik's cube?
Are you sure? I thought the biggest is 100x100x100...
-
�Expl0de's Complete Defense Pure Guide v2.0�
I think it's as fast as a longsword. If I'm right, it's not worth it.
-
A sit down!!! [SUGESTION]
[hide=]( \__/ ) ( ='.'= ) ('')_('')[/hide] Umm, sure why not.
- Pm non-friends
-
Pm non-friends
I think some people didn't understand the concept of this idea. Almost nothing changes at all, in any way. If you have someone on your friends list, they can send you messages when your private chat is on 'Friends', if they're not, they can only message you when your chat is 'On', no one can message you when your chat is 'Off'. In other words, everything said above stays the same, the only difference is that it would be more convinient to answer when your friends list is big, or when your chat is on. If you want to answer a friend, instead of having to look over 40 online friends, you could just choose 'Right-Click' --> 'Answer'. It's that easy. If your chat is 'On', and someone messages you- someone whom you may not want to add, you can just 'Right-Click' --> 'Answer'. Instead of having to add them, possibly look them on your friends list, answer, and delete, it's just a simple right click & answer. I hope this clears things up.
-
Praying Angels- a new mini game. Player owned Aura :D!
I still can't seem to be able to edit my post...