Everything posted by Arceus
-
Things that annoy the HELL out of you.
You nailed that so well, I'm suspicious now...
-
Ascension mainhand + offhand chaotic vs. royal crossbow
It has a small chance (that varies with Agility level) of doing 25% extra damage on a hit which should boost it a bit.
-
REMINDER - Help & Advice rules/guidelines
Recently, the Moderating Team have noticed an unfortunate increase in the number of posts that are, to be quite blunt, less than helpful. Please keep in mind when posting that this is a Help & Advice forum. When someone comes here for help, it is our responsibility to try to help them the best we can. Even if the "correct" or helpful information is provided, it is not acceptable for someone to feel like they are under attack or feel belittled. To this end, from now on one-word posts or posts that are making no real attempt to help answer the original question will be removed. We're not going to give a warning for every single post, but if you make too many of these posts, you may well find yourself with a message from one of the Moderators regarding the issue. When you are answering someone's question, just take a moment to ask: Is what I'm about to post helpful from their perspective? Think about their stats/ability/game knowledge and whether or not you are providing enough detail to reasonably help them out. If they don't provide stats, that makes it a little harder to judge, but asking for them to specify stats is always a legitimate question. At the same time, don't feel intimidated from posting if you have something genuine to contribute. We are quite capable of sorting out what is a sincere effort to help and what is more along the lines of a snide remark. Even if you make a mistake, keep in mind we all do, and that's perfectly fine - don't be offended if someone corrects you though! Ultimately, we are here to make Help & Advice, along with the rest of the forums, a better place for everyone - that means newcomers to our forums who may be a bit shy and regulars alike. We want people to feel comfortable posting threads asking for help when they need it. Something that can take only a minute to answer for someone with the knowledge can be hard to find or look up for someone without that firsthand experience. If you have comments or suggestions regarding the boards, forums, etc., feel free to make a thread in our Forum Updates & Suggestions board or, if you want to comment more privately, feel free to send a PM to one of the moderators or admins. Sincerely, The Tip.It Moderating Team
-
Some questions about Dragon Slayer.
1. No, you need steel nails. 2. Again, only regular planks. I am not sure when it got reworked and how much was changed when they did so. I think the Wiki page is fairly complete from looking it over, but I'll let you know if I think of anything else.
- Good VS Evil
- Count Down from 30k
-
Future Update Discussions
Wow the chat improvements look really good! I'm glad they are putting these suggestions into action. For now I've had to run de facto customized chat tabs, but I'm looking forward to full control tabs in the future.
-
Drygore dual-wields -- I need help :(
I don't think you want to use Momentum - you do less DPS that way. If you want to do it in a little more relaxed way, I'd set up Revolution for basic abilities. Use the rotation recommended on Wiki (Decimate/Havoc/Dismember/Sever/Barge/Fury) for a start, and add Destroy, Assault, Slaughter for your Thresholds, and Berserk for your ultimate. Fire off Threshold abilities whenever you have enough adrenaline and you're not on cooldown, and Berserk when you run out of Thresholds and hit 100% adrenaline. At least, that's a good strategy for general purposes. If you want to do something specific, i.e. bossing rather than general purpose Slayer/farming mobs, you may have to change things up a little. There are more advanced strategies/abilities, like tendril abilities that damage both your target and inflict some damage back to you, but it may be good to start simple for now.
-
Greater Demons
Thank you! We'll need a little more info on the range of coins, so if there are other size drops of coins that other people care to report, or you test it further, please let us know :).
- Today...
-
Player-Owned Ports: Voyage Calculator
Sure, you can feel free to post it (or PM me). My impression was that it was looked into before, but if there is a way to improve it without tearing the whole code apart..I'm open to suggestions :D.
-
dunegoneering
Can you elaborate more on what you mean? If you mean straight off calculating DG xp for floors, it is as Wkw says...simply far too many things to take into account to build a working model. Although I did have some progress for it in some special cases, years ago. If you mean calculating experience for things like cooking 100 dusk eels inside Daemonheim, most of our calculators actually do have options for that, under their Dungeeoneering section. I'm also moving this to Website Corrections and Updates where it's better suited. :)
-
Skill Calcs & Planners - Updating Outift Bonus XP
Sorry for the late reply - we've added most of these in now :). Just a few things that we're working on, if anyone happens to know: Which categories does the Enhance Yaktwee stick work on, in Hunter?Would anyone happen to know firsthand the boost for the Master Rc robes? Please only reply to this if you have tested thoroughly and know what you're doing, thanks!The mining outfit is actually listed - it just shows up under the P2P and Combinations categories (not F2P) as a checkbox. Would it be beneficial to have it for individual pieces? It can be done if desired.Thanks!
-
Livid Points
Are you sure you keep the points? My impression is that once you unlock the last spell, all your points vanish, and then you can earn and spend. But I could be mistaken.
-
Livid Points
They seem rather useless at a glance to me - either a small amount of GP (you can easily make more in that time frame) or effects like a lower chance of burning fish. I suppose buying a farm patch would be the "best" option, if spending ~1 hour for it is worthwhile? Up to you :P.
-
Improved Looting
They did. The right click to open loot interface option was disabled (from earlier in the thread):
-
Improved Looting
Did I trigger something accidentally, or did other people get a popup advertising the new looting system (which doesn't even work right!)? It disappeared after a few seconds but I still find it funny.
-
Animate pet rock
I like the idea - I'm just saying, albeit a bit cynically, that Jagex would probably want to monetize it rather than make a bonus reward from a quest :lol:.
-
Animate pet rock
Interested, the scroll is a quest item...that would be a fun idea, maybe they can code it in someday. Or more likely, the "animated pet rock" will be coming to Solomon's General Store...
-
Count Up
701. I...think I'll quit FG for today. :-(
- Count Up
- Count Down from 30k
- Today...
-
Improved Looting
Suggestion for the ninja team: every week, playtest the newest released content, find out how it's broken, and fix it. That should keep them busy...
- Count Up