Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arceus

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arceus

  1. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Well it has snowed a little again :D. Probably this will be the last snow for this year (at least, here) but it's nice to see things all white and run through the snow one last time.
  2. Hello there, welcome to TIF :). I'm not sure if you have heard of it, but recently RuneScape added a boss practice mode. This means you can make a free instance and fight the boss with no real penalty if you die. You won't be compensated for any supplies (food, potions, etc.) if you die of course, but it's a risk-free way to try things out. You simply go to the regular interface to make an instance, and then check the box 'practice mode' near the bottom right corner. If you're going to mage K'ril is probably a good one to try first. Just watch out for his special attack (apparently it does a lot of damage)! Soul Split is generally going to be your best friend in terms of prayer. GWD is something you can definitely camp so in terms of a familiar you want the best Beast of Burden you have available to accompany you. For your current level, the best option would probably be a War Tortoise. It is worthy of note that at 96 you'll unlock the Pack Yak which unlocks 12 more spots in its inventory, but I don't think you'll need loads and loads of spots to get good kills. Of course, make sure you bring protection so you don't get mass mobbed on your way in :P. I'm not too sure on abilities, maybe Vampyrism assuming you have or can buy it. As for number of kills, probably just a few as you start but more as you get more experience with it. In terms of abilities, you can just set up Revolution and tack on the usual basics, with Sonic Wave, Dragonbreath, Wrack, Asyphxiate, Impact, and Omnipower. If you've completed The World Wakes, the abilities unlocked there can also be helpful. But to summarize you definitely have adequate gear and stats, and you can practice before you do it for real, so just go ahead and give it a try! :)
  3. Arceus replied to Matt258's topic in Forum Games
    302.
  4. 24,326.
  5. I don't consider myself a dumb person, but that post made me feel significantly less smart :(. I don't quite understand :P. It could be just because I've never played much in the way of those mobile type games though.
  6. 24,328.
  7. Exactly how would that work though (I'm unfamiliar with that game as well)? Maybe a logarithmic effect as you chip in more and more lower level armor with random chance on top of it?
  8. It sounds like you want to turn RuneScape into Pokemon. Which not need be a bad thing :P.
  9. Arceus replied to Matt258's topic in Forum Games
    300. There you are!
  10. 24,330. Which one?
  11. I checked for you Devnull, and FunOrb is down too, yeah. :( And they're back!
  12. It looks like the login servers are offline right now, which I'm pretty sure is the issue (I've verified with multiple friends). When this happens, it can produce weird messages including telling you that your account is locked. So for now I'd just wait it out. Hopefully they'll have them back up soon :S. Edit: my account is giving the same locked message when I try to access forums. I'm still logged into the game though.
  13. It's a level 70 2H weapon so yes, its stats are just shy of a godsword. It is a compromise though.
  14. Pardon me if I'm missing something, but wouldn't you want the warspear as well to get the set effect of healing you every so often, especially if losing health is what you're running into? Unfortunately I don't have a guesstimate of how long you could last but I'd bet it would be a good bit longer.
  15. 24,332.
  16. Would you consider perhaps using melee instead? Either Korasi's sword or a chaotic weapon (I don't know your status on dg tokens) would then take advantage of its weakness and probably get you faster (and hence more) kills per trip. It would require swapping out your gear of course, but it may be worth it. You can probably afford Bandos Chestplate and tassets, and then maybe a cheaper helm. Of course the best way would be to get a drygore or 85 Herblore for super-antifires to assist you, but I understand that's out of budget for now :P.
  17. 24,334.
  18. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Ouch Tim, I hope you're okay. Definitely get some medical help for that though, if you can... Happy first day of spring (or fall, for our friends in the southern hemisphere). It was like 18 this morning, not bad...
  19. The funniest thing is there was such a "bot clan" in the not too distant past on RS3. Someone pointed it out and made this little rant about how the higher xp earners deserve a promotion and it was just hilarious. It's also interesting to see the Al-Kharid mining area was marked "Chasm" - if I've got my bearings straight.
  20. Well that sucks, but I think an adamant weapon is going to be your best DPS weapon at that level, and as Essiw mentioned you can get it at Burthorpe. If you gain a couple more levels you can of course upgrade to rune, if that might help turn the tide? Also, have you tried different green dragon spots or getting access to others that may be less heavily botted? Or maybe hopping onto a foreign language world to complete the task, since those usually have fewer bots? (If you don't know how to do that let me know - I don't mind explaining.) It also says in Wiki that brutal green dragons may be substituted for green dragons on a Slayer task. I realize that they are higher level and more difficult, but it may be worth a try. On the other hand you may need much higher stats to kill them effectively. In any case I just thought I'd mention it.
  21. Actually I find the loom quite horrible to try to afk since you need to click literally every resource tick, haha. But I suppose with a nice widescreen and splitting it, it could indeed work :D.
  22. Welcome to TIF! I hope you enjoy your stay here and we see you more around the forums. If you want to say hi in-game feel free to add me if you wish :).
  23. Those all sound like some great tips! One thing I would add, though, is that ironman receive only 25% of the normal xp in all citadel plots, including Crafting. So I'm not sure it would compete effectively with other methods like Temple Trekking when you divide its normal productivity by 4 :P.
  24. It's kind of you to give Ammako your 2 cents. Now they can spend those 2 cents on the song and resolve their dilemma! Anyway...
  25. 24,336.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.