Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arceus

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arceus

  1. I like the idea of a toggleable filter and wouldn't mind supporting it...however as it's a small update I don't think Jagex will be implementing it this month at any rate :/. I'll gladly support if they're doing small size another month though!
  2. All the green and orange dots! Whoever took this must have been a real socialite :rolleyes: .
  3. Well it's not just a book, it's the (un)holy book of Zamorak :P. An interesting fact nonetheless though, nice find!
  4. I believe you interact with the usual area to enter the Kalphite Queen and select the option to create an instance, and check the box 'Practice mode' near the lower right part of the interface. You then enter for free (in Practice mode) as well instead of paying the usual instance cost. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture anywhere but I hope that helps.
  5. 24,338.
  6. I don't suppose you've considered investing in a gravestone? You can get an 8 minute one for 5k or a 10 minute one for 50K (although it requires completion of The Giant Dwarf quest). It might be useful anyway because Ring of Life won't always save you if you get hit for a lot. Make sure to have backup antifire so you don't die a second time and lose everything, though. Just a suggestion :).
  7. dude why do you even respond to these threads when you don't really know what you're talking about? I see your point and I'm sorry that it wasn't that helpful. I'm sure Juhaa would appreciate some tips from an accomplished PvMer like yourself if you wouldn't mind commenting further, though :).
  8. That's something I completely failed to consider and is far more likely. Very good point. Even if 10,000 people go create new accounts for Questival, it's still a drop in the ocean compared to the ~240 million accounts that have already been created. Unless there's some sort of record involved with new people doing certain amounts of content, but with so many people making second accounts, ironman accounts, and what have you these days in any case... Oh and my thoughts regarding that poll: should we avoid the issue by doing X? Or avoid it by doing Y? Or how about we do Z instead?!
  9. I looked up your stats. Looks like you're off to a good start! However, there is one thing I am a bit confused about. You do have some P2P experience, but when I attempt to look up your adventurer's log to see quests and stuff, it tells me that you have a non-member account? Are you F2P/planning on buying membership soon (or is it a technical glitch with their system)? I'd finish training up Runecrafting to 44 so you can make nature runes. As an Ironman, if you want to turn stuff into coins, you will of course need your own supply of these. For quests, there is not too much on F2P, but in terms of good xp-granting quests that can speed things up at lower levels, Vampyre Slayer (attack xp), the Restless Ghost quest (a little prayer xp + access to better gravestones), The Knight's Sword (smithing xp), and of course Dragon Slayer (Strength and Defense xp, and ability to wear Rune platebody, Blue d'hide body, and batwing top) are all good to complete. Some of the easy quests provide good lower level weapons but you are probably well past that stage. Of course, you'll need to complete a bunch of them simply to get the Quest Points to have access to do Dragon Slayer. On P2P there are a lot of quests that can give you a nice chunk of xp too - for example the Waterfall quest, If you're P2P or going P2P, then Divination will be good to train because it provides a great daily source of your own resources and a nice amount of xp for doing so as well. Slayer can be an effective method for training combat and provide you with a nice spread of drops as you do so. For getting weapons, right now your best bet would likely be to kill greater demons for an adamant 2h. It's listed as a common drop so it shouldn't take too long, assuming you already have some weapons and armor. If not you might have to work your way up a little more. You can complete The Feud on P2P (with 30 Thieving) for a free adamant scimitar along the way instead if you're looking to save time or need to get started. Once you have access to rune kill roaches until you get a rune scimitar and sq shield, which I think might be your best bet. On P2P you can get a rune spear as a common drop from mithril dragons but I don't know if it's worth the time for that detour. You can buy most of the armor you need up through about adamant through various armor shops (click that and then the type of armor and it should link you to specific locations), but after that you'll probably be better off going for monster drops. A lot depends on your ultimate goals though. Are you attempting to max it, or go for one particular skill, or just training a bunch of stuff for the immediate future?
  10. It depends on your budget in both time and money then I guess. If you don't mind sacrificing the better part of a day AFK at the workshop or a good chunk of money doing straight up smithing you can do that, but I'm not sure what you find preferable. If you're planning to superheat, iron appears to be the cheapest by a good margin. Unfortunately they're all loses aside from rune these days. RS WIki has a nice table here compiled with current prices.
  11. There are several possible ways you could do it. Perhaps the best way would be to smelt gold bars from the ore using Lumbridge bank chest and furnace. If you have the goldsmith gauntlets from the Family Crest quest, the experience you gain is increased substantially, up to 56.2 ea according to Wiki. Also using numbers from there (note: I don't know how accurate these are, but as a ballpark it seems accurate at a glance), it will take you about 3 hours, at a cost of somewhere around 250K. Not bad huh? You should be able to recoup it with chitin scraps anyway. Other methods could be using Artisan's Workshop with iron (i) ingots or citadel smithing, but I don't think you would find them as appealing given your objective is to level up quickly. If you'd like me to elaborate more, I wouldn't mind though. Hope this helped! :)
  12. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Nice! Those shipping charges though...
  13. 24,340. Devnull did the flood limiter piss you off that much that you stopped posting on the Countup thread? :P
  14. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Here it's almost all melted :( and I'm starting to miss it. Can we borrow some?
  15. 24,342.
  16. It's too bad we can't have a good contest anymore without it turning into an entitlement issue. Sadly this is neither the first nor the last competition which is "fair." It's not really testing your questing prowess if you're regurgitating steps from memory to complete the quests on a fresh account. By the way, what are they planning to do if a whole bunch of people tie for most quest points? Since quest points is an integer from 1 up to ?? I could easily see a whole bunch of people tying it if enough participate :wacko: . Edit: also, since it's just quest points, couldn't you go up until the last step and just complete a whole bunch of quests immediately after the weekend starts?
  17. 24,344.
  18. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    And I suppose alcohol as well? :P It's so windy outside, the wind blew a garbage bag out of a garbage truck with an open bed. At least they stopped after about 50 feet and put it in reverse to get it <_<.
  19. 24,346.
  20. 24,348.
  21. Okay I'll admit I cheated :P but I don't know how much of a story you could draw from a single picture. Maybe people who watch a lot more news than me would get more of a feel for it. If I had to guess based on experience with what's on TV these days, I would assume something grizzly happened
  22. I don't suppose you can cannibalize charges from a full one onto an empty one? That could be a savings of gp and a use for extra parts laying around, if there's nothing better to do with them and it works.
  23. As I'm guessing you already know, following/unfollowing a topic will affect your notifications (under the bell icon in the regular Tip.It theme). This gets a bit impractical for more than two or three active threads though. Unfortunately it doesn't have any bearing on the 'your recent content' page which I think is what Blaze was referring to. (Hover over your name and click 'Find content' under your avatar to navigate to it.)
  24. But *we* voted for it. Speaking of voting... So far it looks like Tip.It is not a huge fan of the new designs.
  25. Since that page seems to be coded to return a list of all the threads you have posted in, my guess would be no. Sorry :(.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.