Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intriguing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intriguing

  1. At the moment, and bear in mind, these aren't in order.. My Dying Bride Vital Remains Katatonia Necrophagist Pinback Plain White T's should probably be on there as well, for one song, Hey There Delilah. Yes, I know that song is incredibly mainstream, but it's awesome!
  2. Meh, I've never liked the symbol myself. It's overused even in the metal scene. In a perfect world, it would only be used if the musician on stage did something insanely awesome, not every time they let out a chugga-chugga riff, but that's just me. But on another side, the fact that so many 13-year-old girls take "myspace" photos of themselves and their freinds doing it probably doesn't help cure my distaste of it.
  3. Of Montreal - Tim I Wish You Were Born A Girl :lol: and Simon And Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson Classic.
  4. Ahahahah! What a legend. And yes, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that finds this funny. :lol:
  5. Ion Dissonance - Binary Pt. 2 So chaotic in parts. And yet so drug-trance-like. I love this band. But I don't listen to them enough. and Meshuggah - Chaosphere I'm in a chaotic mood.
  6. Skinny all the way man. I'm 16, around 5'11", and 60kg (132 lb). I eat a reasonable amount, I don't play sports aside from the odd bit of soccer, and I don't exercise aside from walking a fair bit. I just have amazing metabolism.
  7. The Smashing Pumpkins - Zero and The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight Awesome.
  8. I like it medium to relatively soft. Generally I have people around all the time, so it would be a bit inconsiderate of me to have it heaps loud. The only time I really put my music up loud is if I'm at home by myself, and it's a reasonable hour. And even then it takes me about 5 minutes to not feel uncomfortable about how loud it is.
  9. The Chariot - Goodnight my Lady, and a Forever Farewell Haven't listened to this band in a few months.. and Norma Jean - A Small Spark vs. a Great Forest ..or this one.
  10. There's plenty of Christian metal bands. Zao, As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean/the Chariot, Thousand Foot Krutch, Living Sacrifice, Extol, etc.. Almost all of it is metalcore or nu-metal though. Christians don't generally touch death metal. Don't know why..
  11. Diana Krall - And I Love Him My brother's asleep in the next room, so I have to listen to soft music. I'm not complaining though. :)
  12. Seasick Steve - Fallen off a Rock and Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing In the mood for blues..
  13. Dimmu Borgir are symphonic black metal, a little bit different, but yeah. Anyway, as it goes for differences : - Lyrical content/themes. Black metal is almost always Satanic/anti-Christian/Paganistic in its themes. That's one of the things that defines it. Whereas death metal can really be about anything.. Except for sunshine and lollypops. - Speed. Black metal can be fast, but a lot of it isn't (Burzum is a good example). Whereas death metal pretty much has to be fast (don't mention doom metal, it's a different sub-genre). Just listen to the drums and you'll notice the difference. - Trebley-ness. With black metal, there's not really very much bass in it. In particular with the guitars. To me, and you can refute me on this is you wish, the majority of black metal recordings are pretty shoddy in their sound quality. But, it's one of the things that adds to what it is. - Attire. Enough said. That's my impression of it anyway. I'm sure I missed out on something, as I'm relatively new (last few months) to both sub-genres, and if you want to correct me on something, feel free.
  14. Justice - Genesis Pretty awesome electronica. Ratatat - Crips Ditto and The Bipolar Bears - Asphyxiated Guitar is horribly out of tune. So is the backing "cello". And for part of the song, the guy is singing out of tune. This WOULD be an amazing song if they put any effort in (like they do on other songs of theirs, like "To You")
  15. To say that metal can't be Christian (as some people have said already) is ignorant. Metal doesn't have to be satanic or have "immoral" themes in it (and a lot of it doesn't). However, as previously stated, one of the things that makes black metal what it is, is the anti-Christian/paganistic/satanic themes. So, unless you want your Christian band to be bad-mouthing Christianity..
  16. I don't listen to too much electronica, and I apologize if what I mention is part of the "dance crap". Ratatat and M83, both really good bands. I listen to a bit of !!!, Hot Chip, and some other bands of the like. With electronica music, I generally like it mixed in with other genres. Such as indie (PlayRadioPlay! or the Postal Service) or metal (HORSE the Band are pretty much it).
  17. Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah Love it. and Gravenhurst - The High Seas I'm in the mood for mellow music.. Probably because I only just woke up.
  18. My local death metal band is horrible (there's two I think. but they both have the same members). Seriously, they're best song has lyrics like "rise of the zombies! they're gonna rise!" I love death metal, but I had to actually leave the building when they started playing. :oops: But anyway, they've probably been said already, btu I'm falling in love with Vital Remains..
  19. Keith Green - Run to the End of the Highway Ah, such a talented man.. Pity he died so young.
  20. I love that song.. Kings of Leon - Velvet Snow Ah, I used to hate this band so much. I think they're awesome now.
  21. Nat King Cole - Mona Lisa
  22. Minesweeper was a pretty crap game. I mean, the storyline was ok, but the graphics, oh god..
  23. Courtesy by my good friend GhostRanger: Here̢̢̮ââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s my interpretation of the scientific thinking, adopted in the first bit of the bible. Genesis 1: 6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. God created a large celestial sphere which separates water from outside of the sphere with from the water on Earth. Sometimes when the windows are opened on the sphere water flows through them and causes the rain. This also applies to some of your other comments. Figurative speaking? 11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. Light required for plant life? Not in God̢̢̮ââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s world. I was under the impressiong plants could survive without light for one day. Regardless of that. Read verse 3 (which surprisingly comes BEFORE your verse 11), "Let there be light." 14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: The lights in the heavens are used for signs, a glowing endorsement of astrology. The entire Bible is based on Earth. People have used them for navigation, calendars, and all sorts of things. It's hardly endorsing astrology. 16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Wait night is lesser light? Failure to comprehend that night is a lack of light. The moon reflects less light than the sun emits. It's simply stating it as it is. 17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, He put stars in the sphere to give us light, not even God could suspend the stars in the sky. Figurative speaking I guess. The stars appear in set patterns in our sky. You do realise they didn't even have telescopes when this was written, right? 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. We have dominion over apex predators like sharks and grizzly bears? Not physically, but our intelligence enables us to. Ever seen a bear running a zoo full of human specimens? 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. I don̢̢̮ââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think I would like to use poisonous plants for meat, something tells me that it wouldn̢̢̮ââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t end too well. The plants weren't poisonous before the fall. Seeing you're able to analyze the first chapter of Genesis, I'll assume you know what I'm talking about. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. All animals were herbivores? I wonder what the mosquito had before it settled for a tasty meal of blood. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. So the whole ecosystem with the death, pain and suffering; predators/prey, parasites and disease was good? Ok... Not to mention this was all done in a record breaking 6 days. You fail to realise he's God.. There you have it Genesis 1 in all its scientific glory.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.