Everything posted by Intriguing
-
Favorite body part?
I kind of check out the face, hair, boobs, and clothes simultaniously. If the girl doesn't have nice boobs, I can live without that, but for me, they really have to have a pretty face, nice hair (also style helps), and nice clothes. Then we get to the personality. :)
-
How can you relate to your music?!
A few years ago I was into metal, a little bit of classical, and nothing else. But as of late, I've decided to expand my music tastes (I find people that are narrow-minded about the music they listen to, which is seriously most people, just miss out on the opportunity to hear some great music because they're so biased against certain genres. I didn't want to be like that) and, although I favour metal, I listen to indie, acoustic, jazz, experimental, rap, electro, and a few other genres now. I find it's nice to have a few bands to listen to depending on your mood. Sometimes I might want to listen to something insanely heavy but, as Nadril said, with little substance, like Necrophagist or Leng Tch'e. Other times I might want to listen to something soft so I'll listen to Gravenhurst or Joshua Radin. I don't really know what you mean by how I relate to it. But music just makes me feel happy. Music is, pretty much, my life. :)
-
Crysis
I absolutely can not wait to play this game. Looks amazing. Along with the Witcher and Assassin's Creed it's on my most anticipated list.
-
Metal vs Pop
Wow. Just, wow. Pointless thread. You should realise that a logical debate on this forum is impossible. But anyway, Metal.
-
Flag-defiling charge ends in fight, arrests
i'm so glad don't live in america.. hope australia doesn't become like that (if it already is, i'm not aware of it)
-
UPDATED! The most famous songs in ye world!
Just a note, you mixed up the links for Chariots of Fire and Bach's Toccata and Fugue. Anyway, Moonlight Sonata, Mvt. 1 by Beethoven Possibly my favourite classical piece of music, or at least in my top 5. I understand that you already have two works of Beethoven up, so I'll understand if you don't put it in, but I think it deserves to be put up there. You may want to find a better video though.. In the Hall of the Mountain King from the Peer Gynt Suite by Grieg The people in the orchestra look funny, and the recording doesn't show the true brilliance of the fortissimo section of the piece, but that's not the point. Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison Roy Orbison doesn't, or at least shouldn't need an introduction. The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel In my opinion, this song is actually better as it is here than it is on other recordings, where they have drums and bass as well. But even if you don't include this song, you seriously need a Simon and Garfunkel song. That's about all I could think of. And, I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I think people are overemphasising the influence the Beatles had. I'm not saying they don't need to be included, but people are saying that we need to put 5 of their songs up there or whatever. Just seems like a bit of overkill.
-
How do you like your music?
I listen to music, as in metal, jazz, indie, etc., when I'm on the computer. But I also listen to classical music when I go to bed. Relaxes me. It's developed into a habit. Thing is, I concentrate better when I'm listening to music, because I've grown so accustomed to listening to it while I do things that it's harder to concentrate when I'm not listening to it. And also, regardless of how carefully I'm listening to the piece of music playing, as long as it's actually good, music makes me happy. EDIT : 666th post. :)
-
Rap/Hip-hop.
Yeah, Kanye West is one of the few mainstream artists I can actually handle. Stronger, and other songs of his, like Jesus Walks aren't too bad.
-
Wikipedia?
I used it for both a Physics and Chemistry assessment, as did everyone in my class, and we got marks knocked off for it. Then I had a huge Ancient History assignment the other week. I wasn't planning on using it, but with some topics, such as life in ancient Carthage, it had so much more information on it than other sites that it wasn't funny. It's not wise to use Wikipedia as your only source, but seriously, if you have even the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject about which you are writing, it's pretty easy to tell when they're providing factual information or just making stuff up. I can see why they make a fuss over it in college/university, but in high school it just seems stupid.
-
Movies you cried through... {see 1st post}
Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers. WHAT. THE. HELL. How were they even funny (don't ask em why I watched them both. the entire way through)?
-
Now 56, Now 57, Now 58 etc....
Top 10 songs.. This is going to be hard. Between the Buried and Me - Selkies : The Endless Obsession Gravenhurst - The Diver Arab Strap - Confessions of a Big Brother Placebo - Meds Muse - Stockholm Syndrome Poison the Well - You will not be Welcomed Buckethead - Too Many Humans Behemoth - Slaves Shall Serve The Devil Wears Prada - And the Setence Trails Off Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King (I'm aware Grieg wrote this)
-
Favorite Video Game Soundtrack?
Tetris.
-
Rap/Hip-hop.
This is going to sound like a kind of cleche queation, but why did you post on this thread then? I wasn't asking for people to find me some metal bands, I was asking for rap/hip-hop artists. And you're hardly the person to be calling others immature.. EDIT : To i123i, you should really try out a genre before you bag it out like that. To say that all rock is is plucking a few strings is just idiotic and ignorant.
-
Really Heavy Metal.
Music like that generally grows on you. :)
-
Shawty say What?
Why is it that on this forum, whenever a contraversial topic comes up, there's always 4 ignorant people posting to 1 mildly informed person?
-
Godtower Puzzle Game
Oh awesome. I really liked torment, but it was too hard. I got stuck on the 5th puzzle.. This should be good.
-
Rap/Hip-hop.
Just so you know, I'm a huge fan of metal of most types (I hate rapcore and anything that has a possibility of a radio play). But here are some comparisons. Rap : Supposably half of them have spent most of their lives in jail. Metal : Varg Vikernes. Enough said. Rap : Supposably all they talk about is drugs and killing people. Metal : Looked at any grindcore lyrics lately? Rap : Baggy clothes. Metal : http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm/id/1322/page/top____most_ridiculous_black_metal_pics_of_all_time.html Admittedly, I took the extremes of the metal genre, but you took to the extremes of the rap genre. And in your first post, you weren't simply stating your opinion. You were being a tool.
-
A joyus day for the interweb indeed
AHAHAH! Oh, this made me so happy. :D:D
-
High School
Meh, I can't really give too much advice. I'm in year 11, and only came to school this year. I go to a small school (about 600 people all up, that includes primary students), and I was already friends with a quarter of my year, and was an acquaintance of another quarter, so fitting in wasn't really a problem.. I wish there were more fights at my school. Seriously, if there ever was a fight, the principle would talk to the entire year involved for about 2 weeks telling us how disappointed he was. That's what happened when some guys in my year brought vodka in coke to school anyway. They almost got expelled. :lol:
-
Bioshock
I'll probably be buying it. I have a 3500 AMD processor (whatever that is in GHz.. Like 2.8 or something?), but I have to wait for this stupid company to send me my video card before it can run any good games. But anyway, it doesn't come out until mid-August in Australia.. I just hope they send me it by then. :) EDIT : Holy freaking crap, that trailer was amazing.
-
Rap/Hip-hop.
I'm pretty sure the only thing that post acheived was showing the rest of us how ignorant you are..
-
The daily MSN chat
[email protected] I'm a bit too lazy to add people myself. If you do decide to add me, just tell me your TIF name. :)
-
Best defence gear for member 1 defence ranger?
Torso - Iron chain or leather body. Depends on whether you want the bonus on melee defense or on ranged. Amulet - Fury?
-
Range training from 67! =D
Bronze arrows at fire giants or ogres should be fast enough.
-
Top of the Square
It's not who's been in the square longest. It could be who's been online longest, but I doubt it. It could have something to do with how far away they are from you in the world, but that would just be stupid. It's probably random. :)