Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intriguing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intriguing

  1. Dimmu Borgir (more symphonic metal), Necrophagist, Nile, Behemoth, Vital Remains, etc. Most, if not all death metal, lacks any depth in the lyrics (take Cannibal Corpse for example). But it's still great to listen to when you just want to hear something ultra-heavy. You should try viking metal (Otyg, Finntroll, Moonsorrow, etc.). I just "discovered" it the other day. But seriously, you can't get much better than metalhead gypsies.. I've also started checking out some black metal bands recently. e.g. Burzum, Immortal, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Nattefrost. It's pretty good, but for me, I really have to be in the mood.
  2. Burzum - Key to the Gate One of the many bands (one-man bands nonetheless) I've found through this forum. Probably my favourite song by him. And The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1 Oh Yoshimi..
  3. Muse, Radiohead, the White Stripes, Placebo.. I don't know, I don't listen to too much alternative rock, mostly indie (if you want different types of rock aside form alternative, I can help you out). If all else fails, Last FM is your friend.
  4. For some unexplainable reason, I'm always depressed on my birthday. I'm a really happy person, but sure enough, whenever my birthday comes around, I'm automatically depressed. Weird..
  5. Ergh, I hate rapcore. I generally like genres being mixed (particular metal mixing with another genre, like jazz or folk), but rap and metal just shouldn't be mixed..
  6. Darkthrone - Sjakk Matt Jesu Krist Could be a better song.. but meh. and Immortal - Tyrants Good song. I like what I've heard of this band so far. :)
  7. Roy Orbison - Crying My God, what a genius. No stage presence or charisma, just brilliant song-writing skills and the best voice in history..
  8. Poison The Well - Prematurito El Baby Most definitely not the best song on their latest album, Versions, but it's still bloody brilliant (and that should say something about the other songs on that album).
  9. Ah, great band, great song. Along with perhaps Demon of the Fall, that's probably my favourite Opeth song.
  10. The sweeping solo at the end of Selkies : The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me. Paul is a god.
  11. Intriguing replied to dark_blob's topic in Off-Topic
    Me starting to read it, being linked form Trapical's signature, "Pfft, it can't be THAT addictive." And before I knew it, i'm up to #90.. :lol:
  12. We live nextdoor to a motel, so whenever we have parties, we have music playing in the house, then there's people wanting to just talk in the backyard, then we hire out the tennis court and pool + spa next door, so people can go there if they want to. Anyway, if you live near a park, as someone else said, it could always be fun to have a soccor ball, basket ball, or some other ball around if people want to play sport. Seeing as you're going to have a few people around (I'm guessing 40-60?), just provide a few different "events" for people to partake in at the same time, because obviously different people like different things. If all else fails, bring out Twister.
  13. Bad boyfriend, bad. Anyway, I'm just going to go with everyone else and say it's a Gibson. Someone else mentioned Epiphone, but I'd be slightly surprised if it was one (Shape looks different, and it's a different head. But I don't know, they may have changed the head shape over the years).
  14. I completely agree. How can one person truly know what the other person knows and feels deep down? How can a person know that another person could never be swayed? How can one side in a debate claim to be the open minded side and that the other side is the close minded side if it differs on an individual basis? I like how you define it and I feel it would be a more honest way of explaining what being open or close minded is but many times it feels like the majority of people say things like "If you believe X then you are close minded or if you believe Y you are open minded." That is making being open or close minded an issue of what a person believes and not a matter of how open or closed they are to being further educated in an area. Do you think most people just don't understand what it really means to be open minded or do you think the way you explained it unfortunately isn't the way it works in reality? In my personal opinion, if people claim that their side and their side only is open-minded, and any other side is close-minded, then they're idiots. But then again, I'm being hypocritical, because I'm doing exactly the same thing. I don't think that being open-minded has anything to do with what side you take. It has to do with the individual. I know a hell of a lot of close-minded Christians, but that doesn't mean all Christians are like that. Likewise, just because some atheists are close-minded it doesn't mean they all are, even if they agree with each other on some espects. Anyway, I can't really answer your last question, because I don't know. Sorry.
  15. People are naturally going to take sides with certain arguments, that's natural. Being open-minded doesn't affect that. How open minded you are effects whether or not someone can actually sway your opinion on a topic if they present a good arguement.
  16. I wouldn't mind seeing some pics. :) I'm not too big on tattoos, particularly "hardcore" ones. I mean, if people like them, it's none of my business, whatever makes them happy. But I doubt I'd ever get a tattoo unless I was drunk. In that case, I'll probably get some super mario or Yu-Gi-Oh character on my right shoulder or one of my wrists. Haha, awesome..
  17. I used to have some music from Meshuggah, but my computer died, and I didn't like them enough to get music from them again. However, due to this post, I've decided to give them another chance. So, in about a week when my download limit resets, I'll check some of their music out again. If this thread is still alive, I'll post again. :)
  18. I realise it's on page 2, but there was only two posts on this thread I actually had answers for, and Trapical answered the other one. :) Anyway, in Australia at least, it's actually not illegal for two people under the age of 16 to have sex, well, at least the police won't do anything about it (My mum had to find this out, as one of her underage patients was having sex with an underage girl, and she needed to know if it was illegal once he turned 16. Something like that.). It does actually become illegal if one of them turns 16, while the other one is still 15, or whatever. But my impression is that it's a bit of a legal grey area.
  19. Britney Spears - I'm not a Girl, not yet a Woman.
  20. What do keyboardists have to do with anything? Anyway, they sound pretty cleche. Kind of just like any emo/nu-metal (different subgenres, I know, but they sound like a mixture) band out there, except with a girl singing. And their musicianship isn't too impressive.
  21. Katatonia - Ghost of the Sun Phwoah.. Until I heard that song just then, I didn't realise how much I like this band. Awesome.
  22. Isis - Carry Very powerful piece of music. Especially in the chorus.
  23. I love you. Anyway Poison the Well - You Will Not Be Welcomed I'm under the impression I've already put this song on this thread, but it deserves to be put twice. Amazing song. It's one of those songs that you'd have to listen to it 1000 times, in a row, to get sick of it. and Behold... the Arctopus - Spaceturtle Basically I'm in love with this band.
  24. I'm in year 11 at the moment. 3rd term. But year 11 only has 3 terms, so in about 8 weeks, I'll be going into year 12. :)
  25. Dragonfocre - Through the Fire and the Flames. Yey for speed metal with amazing guitarists. Haha, I love the solo in the video clip. They've got hand cameras on the guitarists. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.