Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intriguing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intriguing

  1. I'll have to pick that up. Can you reccomend any artists similar to Ion Dissonance that I should look up? Despised Icon, Into the Moat, On Broken Wings, a Life Once Lost, Symphony in Peril, and they're instrumental, but you could also try Behold... the Arctopus. Sorry I can't give you any more. Last.fm might have some better suggestions though? EDIT: Another band that just came to me, Glass Casket. They're like Between the Buried and Me without the singing and jazz interludes (mostly because two of their members are in BTBAM).
  2. Intriguing replied to Tutukuku's topic in Off-Topic
    Welcome. :) I would reference you to the official thread for new TIFers, but I cna't find it myself. Heh. Anyway, hope you have fun on these forums.
  3. wooo! i love lego. around christmas time last year i went down to the supermarket looking for some lego to buy my brother (he's 21, haha). so, i searched for ages, and they only had two freaking sets! and they were all wizardy and stuff. what happened to the days of the good ol' $2 boxes with basic warriors in them? :( on another note, i have a lego shirt (not a shirt made of lego, though that would be cool, but rather a shirt with the lego logo on it). that also makes me awesome.
  4. Alaska - Between the Buried and me I can't say too much about it, but I absolutely adore this album. Breathing is Irrelevant - Ion Dissonance Listening to this album got me into avant-garde metal. I'm not saying their other albums aren't good, but to me, they just don't match up. Versions - Poison the Well I was highly anticipating this albums release, and it not only matched, but went beyond my expectations. I've heard lots of bad reveiws of this album from Poison the Well fans, but this album just does it for me. Except for the last two or three songs maybe.. Flashlight Seasons - Gravenhurst Amazing album. Absolution - Muse To be fair, I don't think I've heard a Muse song I don't like, but this album was just great for me.
  5. Intriguing replied to How2PK's topic in Off-Topic
    ooh, I didn't know that was coming out.. I'll probbaly be disappointed though, because I have pretty high expectations of it.
  6. I work on average 2 - 3 times a week for my dad at a golf range/putt putt/pro shop. It pays about $8.50 an hour I think, and in the last hour a day (picking up the balls) you can earn from about $10-$13 in that hour. It's a pretty good job for a 15 year old, but I wouldn't exactly want to be doing it the rest of my life.
  7. Intriguing replied to Lionheart_0's topic in Off-Topic
    Ahahaha. I don't care how immature it makes me, that was funny. :lol:
  8. Depends what instrument you're writing it for. Voice, piano, or most other classical instruments.. you'd have to get someone at school to do it I think. However, if it's for guitar, or another fretted instrument, tab is easy enough. Good luck with it anyway. :)
  9. What a violent place to live.. But anyway, the internet already has its own language, which is a start.
  10. kay, have fun.
  11. Keyboards are substituting I guess. Me and one of my friends are forming a band which is going to make one song then disband. I'm on 12-key keyboard (which doubles as drums) and ukelele, she's on bass ond vocals. We're called the Stars of the Underground Nintendo Scene. If you call your band Asasantin = Dipyridamole + Aspirin, you can be our rivals. :)
  12. Chances are your band won't make it, but don't focus on that. No matter how crappy the band is, it's always fun to be in a band. And it gives you some good experience (not RPG-type experience..) at playing music with other people.
  13. I realise this is a bit of an old game, but I thought I should post for advice anyway. [hide=Background story]Before this year, I haven't been able to really engage in gaming. because I had such a horrible computer. Last year, about December, it died in a lightning storm, and insurance payed out, and we got a $1100 (or thereabouts) computer to replace one hardly worth $150. Still, the computer didn't have a video card good enough for any new games. Because of that, in about 2 weeks, I'm gonna be getting myself a nice video card. Once I have this card, I'm going to be buying some games (At the moment all I have is San Andreas and AOE III).[/hide] One of the games I'm planning on getting is Splinter Cell : Double Agent. Basically I want to know, is this game worth the money? I've read some things about it, and I love the idea of the game. Working for either the government or the terrorists, etc. And the graphics don't look too shoddy. However, with pretty much any customer review I've read, aside from them warning you to have a good enough video card to run it, they tell you it's packed full of bugs, or that it feels like a "rushed" game. So, I would just ask, if you own/have played this game, that you might give me your opinion as to whether or not I should get it, and reasons backing up your opinion. Also, if you don't think I should get this game, if you could recommend a similar, but better game I might get instead that would be great. Another question, which I only just thought about, is will this game run on Vista? I was browsing a game site (different to the one I usually use. I was comparing prices and stock), and by accident, actually, looked at Double Agent. This one contained a bit more detail on certain topics, including specs. And it said the game only worked with XP, which seems a bit annoying. I appreciate your posts.
  14. i have two star wars shirts. that makes me awesome.
  15. Although after looking at this, it will be apparent enough, I download Mp3s as opposed to buying the albums. I only have a casual job, and I have enough other things to spend money on, so I can't really be bothered buying albums. A - A Life Once Lost, a Silver Mt. Zion, a Tribe Called Quest, Abigail Williams, All Shall Perish, American Analog Set, Animal Collective, Animosity, Aphex Twin, Arab Strap, Architecture in Helsinki, Arctic Monkeys, Arsis, Art Brut, As Blood Runs Black, As Cities Burn, As I Lay Dying, At the Gates, August Burns Red. B - Band of Horses, Becoming the Archetype, Behemoth, Behold... the Arctopus, Beneath the Massacre, Between the Buried and Me, Blessed by a Broken Heart, Bloc Party, Blonde Redhead, Boards of Canada, Botch, Bring Me the Horizon, Broken Social Scene, Buckethead, Built to Spill. C - Caliban, Circle Takes the Square, Clinic, Converge, Cryptopsy. D - Damien Rice, Darkest Hour, Dead to Fall, Death Cab for Cutie, Decoder Ring, Deerhoof, Deftones, Despised Icon, Dimmu Borgir, DMX, Dream Theatre, Drop Dead, Gorgeous. E - Ed Gein, Electrelane, Elliott Smith, Enter Shikari, Eric B. and Rakim, Every Time I Die, Explosions in the Sky. F - Fear Before the March of Flames, Four Tet, From a Second Story Window, From First to Last. G - Gary Jules, Ghostface Killah, Glass Casket, Gotye, Grandaddy, Gravenhurst. H - Haste the Day, He is Legend, Heaven Shall Burn, HORSE the Band, Hot Chip, Howie Day. I - Imogen Heap, Interpol, Into the Moat, Ion Dissonance, It Dies Today. J - Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Jimi Hendrix, Job for a Cowboy, Joe Satriani, John Mayer, Johnny Cash, Johnny Truant, Joshua Radin. K - KRS1. L - Lamb of God. M - M83, Madvillain, Mates of State, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Menomena, Method Man, Metric, MF Doom, Midnight Juggernauts, Minus the Bear, Misery Signals, Mogwai, Mos Def, Muse, My Chemical Romance, My Morning Jacket. N - Neutral Milk Hotel, Nile, Nina Simone, Norma Jean. O - On Broken Wings, Opeth. P - Paul Simon and Art Garfunkle (more commonly Simon and Garfunkle), Pavement, Pinback, Placebo, Poison the Well, Psyopus. R - Ratatat, Remembering Never, Rilo Kiley, Rogue Wave, Rufus Wainwright. S - Sarah Blasko, Say Hi to Your Mom, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Shai Hulud, Sigur Ros, Sikth, Spoon, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Story of the Year, Strapping Young Lad, Suffocation, Suicide Silence, Symphony in Peril. T - Talib Kweli, the Acacia Strain, the Agony Scene, the Arcade Fire, the Black Dahlia Murder, the Bled, the Chariot, the Clientele, the Decemberists, the Devil Wears Prada, the Dillinger Escape Plan, the Faceless, the Fiery Furnace, the Flaming Lips, the Fratellies, the Haunted, the Postal Service, the Presets, the Red Chord, the Stills, the Strokes, the Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, the Walkmen, the White Stripes, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Throwdown, Tilly and the Wall, Tupac, TV on the Radio. W - Walls of Jericho, Winter Solstice, Wolf Parade, Wu-Tang Clan. X - Xiu Xiu. Y - Yngwie Malmsteen, Yo La Tengo. Z - Zao, Zero 7. I also have around 40-50 cheap classical CDs, but I've never bothered putting them on the computer.
  16. Go for the second option and get some magic exp. as well. :)
  17. Glassblowing? Hides? Jewellery? You said fastest, not cheapest. Generally, I'd give you some more ideas, but come on man, it's two levels.
  18. Perhaps they made a mistake on the music locations guide? Otherwise, weird..
  19. Information on how to get there is here. You must have completed the quest, Fairy Tale pt. II to get there. Use the fairy rings, and set in BKQ to get there.
  20. Well, to answer your question, seeing you mentioned Nature runes, I'm going to assume you're a member. In that case, buy a whole lot of dueling rings and do fires. Reasonably fast exp. But, I don't get what you mean by you can't afford enough pure essence for 91. Buy it in loads. Buy maybe, 2k, 5k, 10k, whatever you can afford, and think you can do. Then sell the nature runes and buy some more pure essence. Even if you're not using the abyss, it will be faster (I think), and definitely make you more money. Just make sure you don't do more than you can handle. To be honest, if I were you, I'd go for a smaller goal, like 75, first. Then gradually increase your goal. You have more chance of reaching it that way.
  21. Baron, do you mean like this guy? touche. =D>
  22. Intriguing replied to RayOxide's topic in Off-Topic
    "Cleisiophobia =Fear of being locked in an enclosed place" Actually, that probably better describes my fear than claustrophobia. About 2 years ago at youth, we were seeing how many people we could fit into a car at the same time. They needed to get some people to go into the boot. So, me and two of my friends went in. They closed the boot and we were in there for maybe... 2 minutes? Yeah, that was scary. Since then I've been afraid of getting on the bad side of the mafia lest they put me in a boot and drive around for a few hours... then kill me, but that's not the important part. :)
  23. Intriguing replied to RayOxide's topic in Off-Topic
    i have mild phobias or spiders and confined spaces. i'm getting over the confined spaces one.. but if i even see a huntsman (harmless, but relatively large house spider), i'm like a little girl. maybe it's a bit more than mild.. :-w
  24. i'm going to see it in a few hours with a friend and one of her friends that i don't know. i haven't seen any of the others, and i don't really want to see it, so i'm just going to be laughing at everything that happens to annoy people. man i'm a tool. :)
  25. In Australia we have youth allowance. One of my friends in year 11 is on that, except he gives the money to his mum who uses it to pay rent.. There's also another type of youth allowance which gives you money when you're in Uni if you earned a certain amount before you went to Uni. I'm gonna be cashing in on that. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.