Everything posted by l0rd
-
What do you think will end the human race?
Misfiring a nuke is a contradiction within itself - the process is probably the most watched and secured operation on the planet.
-
Depression and Millionairs
What your asking is to do some extreme taxing on people who make over a certain amount of income.....which is outrageous. On the other hand, if your talking about a voluntary type of money-giving, well that already exists and is called charity.
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
At the Drive In - hardcore-punk/post-hardcore band, their newer stuff is a lot different than their old stuff, all good though.
-
What was the most scared you have ever been?
Listened to it with lights = no affect Pitch black = sorta creepy but meh
-
What was the most scared you have ever been?
Was in 40 something degree water for a while at camp on a hike, then all of a sudden my body froze up and I couldn't move, was saved by 2 friends. Another time is when I was choking at a boy scouts meeting and no one in the room knew how to do the Heimlich, one of the mothers just punched me in the back, and with enough force from myself, I was able to get the food out. Having to read a song I wrote for English class in front of my grade last year. Don't wanna list too personal of ones, lol :mrgreen:
-
I now hate my neighbors more with each passing day
How about you lace the bomb with gaseous Ebola virus....just in case :mrgreen: You could... but the Ebola would be destroyed by the heat of the fire anyway... You're better off putting a load of Zyklon B granules in a package to them, but personally I'd go for the fire. Or you could kill youself. Oh wait, I forgot you could just hire Terminix..or is that just for termites.
-
I now hate my neighbors more with each passing day
How about you lace the bomb with gaseous Ebola virus....just in case :mrgreen:
-
I now hate my neighbors more with each passing day
Get an exterminator then give your neighbors Ebola.
-
Epicureanism - Beauty of Not Indulging
Nah, I don't think philosophy should be used by a community, even if is most commonly-shared one, that'd be like America only allowing Christianity. And no, the reason I believe one shouldn't indulge is because of the reasons stated in the Wikipedia quote, and have no higher-purpose motive (am an atheist), and only doing it for the beneficial reasons that would affect my life.
-
Epicureanism - Beauty of Not Indulging
[hide=Ravenguard0] [/hide] Yeah, I think your thinking that the reason to not indulge is to give more to everyone else....which is totally untrue and in some things its impossible(i.e. indulging in internet - your not taking the internet from anyone else). The reason to not indulge is simply to try to keep an equilibrium of desire and priorities in YOUR life, not to try to balance the whole community around you. Its extremely different than communism and doesn't dictate any interaction with anyone but yourself. Even the word choice of "implement" strays from the very definition of philosophy, which is intended to be a individualistic search for value, and not something "implemented" by any thing or majority.
-
How did this happen?
forum glitch or hack, no discussion value really
-
Personality Test
I've done the Myers-Briggs test before. ^ That was my result as well. Yay, another member of our 2.5% of population group :mrgreen:
-
Anyone Ever see a Famous RS player? Post your pics!
I have pictures of Zezima, N0valyfe, The Old Nite, uloveme, aclaw, idodio, god, mage, enrix e b, and tons more all from 05-06. Some new pictures too of Zezima and some Jmods, but I really don't feel like searching through my thousands of screenies. Some I did happen to find (were @ top of folder) [hide=Fat Wrecked][/hide] [hide=Aclaw][/hide] edit: just found some zezima pics but not gonna go look for more [hide=Zezima] [/hide]
-
Personality Test
After seeing the personality disorder thread test a while back, I became interested in personality labeling and other things of the sort. I found a website that tests what kind of person you are, based on a 60 or so question test. Just sign up, (no email confirmation required), and take the personality test. It gives detailed descriptions about each personality type and percentages as to how much of the general population has your personality type, lists famous people who have had the same personality type as you and gives you ideal careers based on your type. http://www.mypersonality.info <<<------ for zeh link [hide=My Results]Personality Types Multiple Intelligences [/hide] If you want to create a badge back sure it is in the "forumcode/bbcode" format - post your badges too.
-
Epicureanism - Beauty of Not Indulging
I don't believe most people live so much in the moment that they are feasibly as happy as possible, if this was so, wouldn't everyone be out of school, doing drugs 24/7, and having sex until they are dead?
-
Habbo
Belongs in Video Games & Consoles. And no I don't, but it sounds familiar
-
Andrew Gower - Happy 30th + Biography
Nice biography. None say tl;dr, its worth it.
-
Political Stereotypes
I think labeling a person to a political field is unnessecary. I know not many people think this way, but I beleive that there is no real "norm" for each party and that is greatly shown in the presidential campaigns, where from term to term people of the same political party often have very differing political views. I've met people who call themselves conservatives who are pro-abortion and atheist, and people who call themselves liberal who think we need to occupy Iraq for years more. It is the views that can be labeled, not the people - people differ (unless of course you are a blind rep/dem and simply go with anything your party beleives in. Because of this, and because I am not even of age to vote, I can't say I can label myself into a political party. I tend to agree most with the smaller parties, but would try to look for the "lesser of two evils" when making my vote in years to come.
-
Epicureanism - Beauty of Not Indulging
I don't think it's an issue of "over" doing something, but rather an issue of priorities and desire. Almost all humans feel desire for something, and it often drives us to be productive. But when the desire is towards things that indulge such as video games, eating, yes even sex. Then I think thats where the problem is.
-
The 'You're Banned' Game (over 38,000 banned!)
banned for not recognizing the well-deserved seniority provided by the fact that my avatar pre-dates your join date.lolnotsrs edit: was meant for 3rkid, but posted to l8 - (don't use that as my ban) okay death banned for liking the overused and annoying emoticon in 3rkids signature
-
Epicureanism - Beauty of Not Indulging
Epicureanism is an Ancient Greek philosophy and way of life that is past the stages of endangerment. Now it just seems to be a part every high school's history curriculum. After writing a research paper on it, learning pretty much all there is to learn, I found it pretty interesting and reluctantly found myself agreeing with everything it states. Just wanted to put this out there to get your opinions on it. I know many of the principles of Epicureanism coincide with those of other philosophies (Buddhism, Platonism, Nihilism, etc), and unlike religion, I don't limit myself to only one. One major reason I think I felt myself agreeing with it due to a recent diet restriction (no gluten, processed flour), I realized that the very small amount in which I indulged in food seemed to be lessened to nearly none at all. As Gandhi said, "Eat to live, don't live to eat". Indulgence seems to lead to neglect or shallowness in other parts of life, and I've observed it first-hand. (note-I am not fat or have any eating disorder and am rather skinny, but am trying to say that almost naturally humans have a indulgence for food.) Overall, I believe one can get much more out of life if he tries to not succumb to natural human indulgences as much as possible: getting high/drunk too often, overeating, oversexing, playing video games, etc., however impossible that may sound.
-
The 'You're Banned' Game (over 38,000 banned!)
Banned for obnoxiously long signature.
-
Downloading Issues
First I need to know if they're torrent files or not
-
tif mods?
Why shouldn't language be spoken with most efficiency and clarity, if you don't understand something - learn it, that's what we like to call education.
-
How would you deal with this??
No, by now its passed just demanding them to take you off their lists, its time for some retaliation - take a stand! Make compromising conspiracies (be creative), get your local newspaper in on it, put false but very harsh signs in your front yard and around your town about the glasses shop, make a powerful speech, get a following, fight for your cause - THE TIME IS NOW, START A REVOLUTION! melodramaftw