Everything posted by fastortoise
-
What did you do today?
I haven't touched a weight in 5 days... urgh this feels weird.
-
Why is this tolerated?
What are we supposed to call ourselves? Our country is the United States of America so unless you can come up with a good ending for United, States, or Of then we'll be American dammit! Uniters is good. But you're too cool of a population to use such a high class word :rolleyes: Just think aboot it. Nobody can say "Those damn Uniters are the most selfish and annoying people in the world" without sounding like a sillyhead
-
Today...
Art students were taking pictures of their friends reading/writing in books outside of the university in a nice part of the campus. I walked by and told them nobody in their right mind would study outside in the cold, they told me some crummy rationale that didn't hold up as I walked away and told them it was stupid, which was when they told me to "[bleep] OFF". I was already walking away :thumbdown:
-
Why is this tolerated?
It's because you people call yourselves American. Once you stop thinking you own the entire continent people will start cutting you some slack :mrgreen:
-
Your most embarrasing moments
I once told a bad joke on stage in front of the entire school and their parents. I don't normally take things seriously but the room went dead silent and it was my last line (in my defense, I didn't write it). It was also pretty embarrassing when I had to train with the 45 lbs bench bar at the gym cause I couldn't lift anything else.
-
Our Future Professions
If all goes well I can start my own research project as an undergraduate next semester. If that goes well and I enjoy doing research, I'll go onto higher studies. If I hate it, there's always medschool or engineering.
-
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
I've been playing so much Team Deathmatch to the point where I can't stand playing more team-oriented games like Domination, S&D and headquarters. Unless they're my friends, the people I play with are so incompetent that I want to smash my controller <_<
-
Whaling
It wasn't really specifically about whales. I just saw this thread as a pretty good opportunity to get my point out. What makes you decide to start trolling? Is it an environmental factor (such as: today Zierro stubbed his toe. Now he is going to play Devils Advocate) or is there something wrong with your brain (as in: today Zierro's left brain hemisphere decided to take over and now he's alienating the forums) ? In any case, if you're going to start telling us to stop saving species because they'll die out naturally (EXCEPT WHALES), then you'd be better off doing so in a thread that isn't about whaling :wall:
-
Weightlifting
That site you've just posted, Bloodstain. is awesome :D I just added 2 exercises to my routine thanks to it.
-
Whaling
Multiple blood vessels near my brain have exploded after reading that. Recently I raged hard when my friend told me his family didn't "believe in microwaves", but as a biologist, this post made me rage even harder. Seriously. If you want to live in a world where humans are the only "natural" thing in existence, then knock yourself out. I, and the rest of the population, on the other hand would enjoy living in harmony with the world.
-
Have you ever lost a friend?
I just remembered two of my close friends died in a car accident :???: It was only two years ago, I feel terrible that I forgot about the incident when I wrote my first post.
-
What's Your Apparent Profession?
well, the first google result for my name is from my college's honour roll list, which I got into, so I guess I'm a student -.- someone with a similar last name is a lame-[wagon] professor in Saskatchewan :sad: I do not associate myself with him
-
My Progress
Hey, I'm all about improvement. Reb was just making sure you knew we weren't attacking you, nobody is roasting anyone here. I think my weak spot is not eating enough. I've never tracked my diet, so I have no idea what my calorie intake is. I'll try the myplate website to force myself to eat more, which is what I really need to gain some weight.
-
My Progress
Thanks for the tips Bloodstain. I agree with you that I should trade some machine exercises for free weights, but sometimes it's just easier for certain muscles (triceps are much easier done on a machine, for me). And I also should make a routine, but I train with 2 friends and I'd have to convince them to all make one too or else there'd be no point. As for the pictures of that guy... he didn't start off barely able to lift a bench bar like me :wall:
-
Inventions.
This week the theory of the "decaying Y-chromosome" has been disproved. All because they were finally able to sequence human & chimp Y-chromosomes (which is harder to do than our other chromosomes since the sequences in Y confuse the programs). Fun stuff :thumbsup:
- Today...
-
24
^ Yeah, that's what happened with the black president. He gets assassinated and it goes straight to commercials, where you see him trying to sell allstate car insurance :thumbsup: Also, new season is airing Sunday. Anyone gonna watch it?
-
Today...
Wow, even though Chemistry/Organic chemistry is my weak subject, that exam looks pretty advanced. Do they teach you electron pushing, molecular orbitals and all the underlying stuff in reactions and compounds? Because if so, that's University-level stuff... :shock: edit: the "chemistry" exam was basic high school stuff, but the "carbon chemistry" exam was the hard one I'm talking aboot
-
Haiti Earthquake
There's a huge Haitian population here in Montreal so there's already a bunch of programs to help give donations and stuff like that but nothing can really help these people... It's just natural disaster after natural disaster. Added to their terrible poverty, Haiti is the prime example of a country that can't catch a break. I have at least 10 Haitian friends spazzing out on Facebook, some angry and some sad, all full of despair.
- Today...
-
Favorite thing about the opposite sex?
The thing I love the most about women is how they make my life exciting, worth living. :mrgreen:
-
Today...
2nd week of university and I'm already up to my neck in work. I injured myself at the gym and will be taking the week off from that, and I'm also missing out on ice hockey and drinking at a friends house. No more drinking during the week is extremely sad, I'm gonna miss it. It's also fun that my friends are finally interested in what I study. Over the years I avoided doing what most people do, that is to go on alienating people about the stuff you studied the night before, so I'm not used to voicing my notes. It's humbling to know that what I study is actually interesting not just to me :mrgreen:
-
Real life help & advice
I had the hardest time in French high school because I never retained anything from French elementary. The real moment when I got a grasp on all the nuances in the grammar was in grade 12 (12 years later...). My French teacher would talk to us about something she had read in the newspaper that morning and had us write a one paragraph opinion statement. She'd hand us our paragraphs back super quick and I quickly went from getting 0's to full marks. Writing a paragraph everyday would be ideal but only if you have someone correcting your mistakes, you won't learn otherwise.
-
My Progress
Fine.. Legs: 1- 5 minutes intense biking 2- 4-5 sets of hack squats 3- 3 sets of calf lifts 4- 3 sets on the [wagon] machine In all my sets I do atleast 8 reps at maximum weight, nornally it's 12-10-8.
-
My Progress
I'll skip my legs routine since its boring: 1- 20 minutes intense cardio legs 2- 3 sets of horizontal bench 3- triceps on a machine 4- biceps on a machine 5- chest on a machine 6- shoulder press 7- pushups & chinups It takes about an hour and a half to do all that, legs and cardio included. Thanks for the comments :mrgreen: