Potentially new skills? Im brain dead....Cant think of any.

soxman45

I like that poll, means they might add a new skill \'

But I have no idea what it could be, lucky me, I'm not on the brainstorm team \'

2480+ total

How about a maritime skill?

Allowing you to navigate your ship through some "wildy" waters, with a ship you and a crew have built together or bought from another shipyard worker.

With cannons smithed that work much like those found in Cabin Fever, operated by a crew that would require a level of cooperation that greatly surpasses even that needed in BA.

Allowing you to transport people much like thats now done with the charter system, only then operated by players...

Making your own pirate vessel, or betetr yet, your own fishing trawler.

Canoeing is obsolete, make way for Player Owned Ships!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

intelligence, so ur character doesn't do stupid things like get stuck behind walls and walk back and forth when u select a new place to walk, plus there could be like universities around RS, to level it up

you could have like a little brain for the skill "logo" lol

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

the best ideas i've heard so far are:

animal farming (this could go under farming, but it doesn't need to)

-you raise your own animals, can get resources from them

-this can be called "husbandry" or somethign like that

sailing

-someone already wrote about this

necromancy

-there already is a necromancer south of fally, and its not exactly magic, so it doesn't need to be like another spellbook of magic

Demolition:

At level 1: Demolish harmless piles of rocks

Level 10: Small rockslides blocking a path

Level 20: Make a hole in a fence

Level 30: Low walls

Lelvel 99: Make your own hole through any city wall (no more messing around with aglity)

Tools: Hammer, plus new range of hammers from bronze to dragon sledgehammer, and low / medium and high explosive potions.

you got a new beastmaster level! you can now use cats to help you kill your enemys.

You got a new noob level! you can now go around stealing money from people who are level 100 or higher! but the money will go back after a while and it can't be used.

Imagine you were going to buy something then a noob comes to annoy you so you have to wait a whole day before the money is back again :XD:

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Well, this was my idea I submitted on the official forums awhile ago. I thought it was cool anyway =).

Skill Name: Master of Arms (MoA)

Synopsis: Basically, the player would train with special Master of Arms weapons, and as they do damage/cast spells on enemies, they gain Master of Arms experience. As the player levels up, a wider variety of unique/more powerful weapons will be available to them. These weapons could be purchased from Masters of Arms (kind of like Slayer Masters) or from monsters that can only be killed my MoA weapons (also like Turoths/Kurasks are to Slayer skill). These MoA weapons could have unique special attacks, or could be more powerful in fighting certain types of monsters (Ex. Dragon's Bane Sword - good against Dragons).

Examples of Level Achievement: Starting off, the player would have access to basic melee/magic/ranged weaponry. As the player kills monsters with these weapons and levels up, a wider variety of weapons will be available to them. As the player's level gets higher, the weapons they can use will become increasing powerful/useful (such as the Dragon's Bane sword, or perhaps other 'Bane' swords or weapons, such as Troll's Bane, Goblin's Bane, etc). The 'Bane' weapon concept could also be applied to Mage's (Bane spells) and Rangers (Bane Arrows). For Mage's, different staves become available with higher leveling with abilities such as faster spell casting, special attacks (Double Cast, Concentrate (increase accuracy or power) and new spell books containing new spells or hybrid books of existing spell sets (Normal, Ancient, and Lunar combinations). Rangers would have access to special bows and throwing items, such as Twin-Fire Bows, which fire two arrows simultaneously and Shurikens as an example of throwing weapons. Rangers could also use different types of arrows as they level up, such as Sure-Shot Arrows with higher accuracy or Elemental Arrows, such as Fire or Lightning.

Ties to Existing Skills: Obviously ties directly into Melee skills (Attack, Defense, Strength), Magic, and Ranged for combat. Weapons could also draw on Prayer, as in boosting it or requiring a certain level. Slayer could also be a factor, requiring a certain level to kill monsters that drop MoA weapons, or monsters could require both a MoA level and a Slayer level to defeat it. Could tie into RuneCrafting as well, if new spells required new runes in odrer to cast them. This same concept could be applied to Fletching, from making new bows/arrows. Smithing and Crafting could also be used to make certain elements of new weapons (Ex. Need a Mithril Blade and a hilt carved from the thick hide of a MoA monster).

Why It Would Be A Good Addition to RuneScape: Players are always looking for better weapons, new weaponry, and more efficient ways to train against monsters. Players could spend time training MoA to gain access to these new weapons, as well as the ability to defeat new monsters which have better, rarer drops, or are perhaps better training than other monsters. Also, with a higher level, players could more effectively fight already existing monsters with the new 'Bane' weapons. It has strong ties into what many players already do, but also opens up new doors to existing combat. This is also a great chance for JaGeX to experiment with new weapon types or special attacks (This skill could tie into using the 'Bow Sword' that players got a glimpse of in the Devious Minds Quest). Other 'Combat Hybridized' weapons could come out of this skill as well (Mage's Sword, Blade Staff, Bow Staff, Bow Sword) which will allow players with levels in all combat areas to put them to use at the same time.

Literature- Can uncode ancient books and scrolls to learn to spells and how to make new items in alot of skills also can become a scholar or librarian can write your own material and give it to a library or something museum can write about adventures monster etc make plays and poems do that sort of thing may appeal to the older community younger kids may like the way you learn new spells and such

With construction they should add a feature where a group of people can build your house for you and you have to pay them after the job is done so a group of 5 guys can go in and build your house for a price there could be so much added to the new skills but there could be so many choices for a new skill

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

No-lifing skill would be cool. There is no real way to train it but play. 10,000+ hours gets you level 99.

A new way to tell who needs to get out and about. :-w

I like this idea!

ok. A player killing skill. More kills = higher level = higher cmb (would influent cmb)

this will solve the so called 'overpowered pures' problem.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

\' \' The Partying skill!!! \' \'

Ha, I'd be level 99 in 2 hours fo sure.

I would LOVE to have horses! Think of how much faster and easier it would make my life? Cats and fish, the only available pets, are useless. But dogs could be used for hunting....

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

No-lifing skill would be cool. There is no real way to train it but play. 10,000+ hours gets you level 99.

A new way to tell who needs to get out and about. :-w

I was thinking that they should change all the level 99 achievement screens to say:

Congratulations, you are now level 99

Members can now get off the computer and go do something meaningful. Heck, non-members can too. No seriously, get the hell off the computer and go outside.

sir%20nomad.gif

A fun new skill would be loitering.

Basically a skill which would consist of just standing around doing nothing.

10 seconds would be 1 xp.

At level 50, you'd get an armchair to sit in, which doubles the xp gotten to 2 xp per 10 secs. :thumbsup:

And they call firemaking pointless! ::'

dontfearthereaper2.png