rethinking the "no returned items" policy

ixfd64

#2 BS, if its just pixels and you honestly dont care go drop your entire bank right now, whats that? you do care? then stop with the stupid posts.

Ok let's say you spent 3 hours on this painting and then someone comes and burns it.How would you feel?You just wasted 3 hours of your life doing something you enjoy(if you don't pretend you do).Oh but it doesn't matter the painting was just some canvas.Nah not a big deal right?Right? :wall:

Why qoute me then make the same point as me.

the last two sentences were sarcasm as you can see by the smiley

Yout still making the same point as me, go back and read my posts carefully.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#2 BS, if its just pixels and you honestly dont care go drop your entire bank right now, whats that? you do care? then stop with the stupid posts.

Ok let's say you spent 3 hours on this painting and then someone comes and burns it.How would you feel?You just wasted 3 hours of your life doing something you enjoy(if you don't pretend you do).Oh but it doesn't matter the painting was just some canvas.Nah not a big deal right?Right? :wall:

You both seem to be making exactly the same point, that this game is too much of an emotional attachment to be refered to as 'just pixels'.

Ifs your fault if you die from a glitch. (because its so hard to go upstairs/teleport away from someone attacking you..)

That is really the stupidest I've heard in quite some time... :|

You mean it is your fault that you don't look out every second you are ingame and not in wildy for a Durial and a friend who come and TB and icebarraging you at the same time, and releasing 8 dds specials on you? :|

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

:oops: I misread it :oops:

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

I don't think people should get items back from scams because is it so hard to check the second trade window? As for glitches I think that it depends on the glitch. Like the fally massacre people shouldn't get items back because i've seen the video and everyone was just following them and literaly asking to be killed.

:| I really think they should get more people to work in customer support.

I also think if items were to be given it would be that they would acess that account that stole, then use him to give the items to the player who was the owner of them. They dont do this because can you understand it if people were scamming iron swords one day? \'

Jagex will never do this because they are chimps

Maybe offer a banana?

Jk

In a more serious state they can't do this because people will abuse this and as for you dying in the 06-06-06 mass then it was your fault and the player mods fault because neither of them can't think stright.

Player's Fault=Was it so hard to teleport? Log Out? Stop following Druial?

Player Mod's Fault=Seriously they were not thinking "BANK YOUR ITEMS"

-.- WOW "Bank Your Items" He was using ice blitz which meant people couldn't move yet you want people to bank their items even though they can't move. [sarcasm]Yeah real smart :roll: [/sarcasm]

I believe they should make it so that we can get back lost items. Having read the pros and cons there must be a solution. Somehow, Jagex will have to make tracing an account possible. This means they can track and discover what an account did, and what items they have. This way jagex will know if the player gets money back from Y- in your story- and what X had before the scam.

So in summary, make it so jagex can check your account and see what items you had before and after a scam. Of course, if player Y does not get perm banned, make sure to take away the items he scammed. This might stop luring.

Player's Fault=Was it so hard to teleport? Log Out? Stop following Druial?

oh, so everyone carries around a law rune and other runes with them everywhere?and what about tele-block? You can't log out until 10 seconds after combat. Whos' Druial? nvm.

Player Mod's Fault=Seriously they were not thinking "BANK YOUR ITEMS"

-.- WOW "Bank Your Items" He was using ice blitz which meant people couldn't move yet you want people to bank their items even though they can't move. [sarcasm]Yeah real smart :roll: [/sarcasm]

What would you say in that situation?

sorry for that last anger part. But it really annoyed me.

I have mixed feelings about this. I think there would be too many problems arisen if Jagex did implement a Return Items that are lost program. For the following reasons:

>People will complain at any way they die just to get free items.

>There is no way to tell who is telling the truth as to what they've lost or how they lost it.

>People could just get their friends together and 'Bug Abuse' and get multiple items.

>Alot of the time you can't physically die from a glitch (People say they lag and die, but really if you lag alot of the time its your computer not Jagex)

>Jagex don't set prices on items, and the value of these items is made by the players and Jaex shouldn't be forced to replace items of value to players.

>It hard to control and although shops/business do offer a refund policy. That is usually in the case of a faulty product which is physical, this isn't something where Jagex can perfect before they actually get 100k+ users using it simultaneously so problems will arise but they fix them promptly.

>I don't think you should be refunded if you are scammed in a trade or anything, for there are tow trade screens and this will only encourage people to be less attentive.

But im still leaving towards leaving things the way they are for the simple reason it would be too big of a work load and transactions wouldn't be completed promptly and would only infuse alot more complaining on forums than there already is.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

For me, the answer is quite simple: No. If they do, it would be a lot of hard work for JAGeX, and it would be heavily abused and lots of people would get stuff they shouldn't. Plus, people who had lost items in the past and don't get to have them returned because it was so long ago would be livid... though that's their problem. Anyway, the main thing is it is too much work and too easily abused. Face it: glitches don't happen that often, really; and if you got scammed you really need to be a bit more careful.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• 2 weeks later...

Keep as it is. This will be unpredictable, besides the fact there will be a million requests, 2 friends might "scam" each other with a noob acct, then hen Jagax gives back the "scammed" things, they transfer to the others account, and give back the item.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

can some one please tell me what the 666 mas is ???

hmm. :-k I'm not too sure but I think i know.

the 6/6/6 mass killing was a bug. probably the most feared bug by noobs. why? it allowed you to kill players OUTSIDE the wildy. i think it was only on one world. But it's all over know.

Unless you were talking about the anti-crist... :anxious:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, JaGex. I lost 1,000,000 Blue Party Hats, 20 Dragon Chains, 500 Mask Sets and 23 Disks in the 6/6/6 massacre. I would like it returned.

By the way, I didn't even have members during the 6/6/6 massacre but since you return our "lost" items, I will take advantage of you for personal gain. :D

Sincerely, some liar.

:roll:

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

Ifs your fault if you die from a glitch.

-.- That's about the dumbest thing I heard today =D>

Except for the fact that it is your fault...Is it really hard to run to a bank, store your items and teleport? For the love of God, there is a Lumbridge Homeport now!

P.S: I know there was no Homeport during the 6/6/6 massacre.

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

• 2 weeks later...

look, yeh u lost ur items. 9/10 times its is your fault... wait i gt a good idea...

i've been hacked 3 times with my mem account. wht if it requires me to enter my password to do a trade. thus not needing the no return as you just agreed that you understood what you were getting

weardall.png

Check out my 50M+ Blog

Returning items might be a good idea in theory, but the trouble it would cause on the already overstrained CS would mean much more auto-replies.

And like you said, it would be so easy to abuse.

Other games with the policy probably have some way to at least partially fix these problems, but how often has Jagex had the brains to put in anti-rulebreaking policies that actually work (ex. randoms)?

Because of this I think that a return item policy would be more trouble than it's worth.

I think that the circumstances under which Jagex would even consider giving items back are so few and far between that they're better off not having a policy on it because then, even if the players aren't successful in trying to take advantage of CS, they won't waste CS's time with fake reports.

lulz @ rs

It's far far far open to abuse!

I think in some smaller games with older adverage ages it could work but certainly not in the case of RuneScape.

also you probaly are unaware but Jmods dont have the ability to tamper with an account, when they are able to acsess our account details they see them as a read only text file, they ahve no way of changing any aspect of our bank accounts or stats.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I've played some games in which they would restore the items that were lost due to glitches(which makes sense) but I have yet to see a game that restores items caused by player scamming.

2480+ total

• 3 weeks later...

No-one who plays RS owns anything. Jagex owns it - pixels or not, you're only hiring something that will never be yours to own. This is stated right from the beginning. That's why they don't feel they should be responsible for replacing items.

All your accounts are belong to us now.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do think that Jagex should return all items lost due to a bug in their software. The fairest way to do this is to roll back the game to a point where the glitch did not exist. This will avoid fake claims like "I lost xxx due to your glitch". However, the downside would be that EVERYONE will lose ANYTHING they gained from the time the glitch was introduced.

I say that it stays as it is. The whole scenario you made up fits my reason perfectly. Misuse of Customer Support. Not to mention people could falsely report that "Someone scammed my Party Hat pmg can you get it back?" and then Jagex being that they are already on a heavy workload (Poor souls at Customer Support!) they may not even fully check it out and give that person a FREE party hat (Or another one).

Keep it as it is, no return policy.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D