~!~ If Runescape had a sky... ~!~

headshot007111

I was just reading through the 'Postbag from the Hedge', and I saw the picture of the void knight on the pest control island. I always imagined the pest control place to be sunny and happy looking lol.

In my honest opinion, i think if jagex added a sky to runescape (just like in wow, and other games) it would be the best update ever. I know that it wont be easy, but it would be awesome lol.

The sky can totally change the atmosphere of a place. Just like it changed my view of the pest control island, and what about wilderness?? Is it actually always night?

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

Could be kinda cool actually, yes. If it were night then you could sneak upon people in wildy! :P And a new skill could be added in addittion to this.:D

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

The darkness of the wilderness certainly adds a touch of the eerie. I think a sky would be a fantastic update, but with the current method of viewing the world, we would never see it. Funny thing is, when using the sextant in the wildy, the sky is always blue in that, and the sun is always out...

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Since the wildy is like a barren wasted land, the sky should be like of a red colour and there should not be any rain at all in wildy..

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Lol yes, it would look great. But they would need to change the camera view.

Beh, jagex is probably too lazy to do that, we know it.

2480+ total

I don't think a sky would be difficult to create. It can be a flat, animated image on a background layer that replaces the black when you move your camera angle to the ground view instead of the top-down view where I'd imagine most players use.

Just don't suggest atmospheric effects like fog or rain. I don't think the 3D Java API was designed to have that in mind. Then again, I'm sure the software wizards at Jagex can figure that out. :-k

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

yeah, i've thought about more weather elements, but not sky, right now we only have the dessert, swamp, and ice (but the only time it effects u is in DT), they sky would be perfect, and i think cloud shadows could be on the ground making it brighter and darker in happy cities!

p.s., could u look up at it and have the sun blind ur eyes?

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

Adding a sky would be nice, but they would also need to completely rewrite the way the game is rendered. And also make it so you see farther, so you dont see the land cutted by the sky when looking whith low camera angles or from mountains.

It would be nice but it would be very complex for them.

It would also upper the memory requirement for both low and high detail.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I don't think it would be complex.. insted of having the "black fog" just put in place a nice horizon.

I take that back, that would cause lots of problems..

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

lmao I use very bright for the morning, normal for the afternoon, and the very dark for night. That's ghetto, isn't it? :lol:

Yeah I would like a sky in RS. Maybe rain/fog if it is possible. I know they have snow already. You can go to Waterbirth for snow or the Ice Gate.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Imagine if somebody used a 99 Prayer Cape Emote, then got flown away in a gust of wind. :shock:

Meh could be a quick way to fly yourself to Waterbirth Island from Seers Village I 'spose. And the look on peoples faces! :XD:

Some of the sky suggestions ive heard so far are good, here are my thoughts on sky possibilites:

Wildy: Dark reddish clouds, not quite night, but dark

Port Phastamys: Dark and cloudy, could have rain aswell

Underground pass/other caves: It could have stalagmites/tites (not sure which lol) hanging from the ceiling.

South morytania/barrows place: Gloomy evening, a really red/yellow sunset.

Jungles such as in monkey madness island and south of ogre city: You wouldnt see the whole sky, but would see the treetops and some light shining through gaps in the leaves.

If a sky was added to RS, and the camera changed so you could look slightly up, that would in my opinion, be the best update of the year/all RS time.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

erkid"]Different hunting of birds.

Duckhunt anyone?

It would be cool but I believe it wouldn't change anything. I think it is fine how it is already.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Umm, first person view FTW? Also, as computers become more advanced, Jagex will be able to afford to up the requirement every so often. In fact, the can double it every two years if they like. Thats how fast computers are becoming. Also, there can be varying skies, but only in certain places. The effects could perhaps be grouped:

Normal:

Sunny

Rain

Cloudy

Windy

Wilderness:

Red Sky (Normal)

Red Sky/ Storm

Red Sky/ Rain

Red Sky/ Fog

Red Sky/ Hail

Red Sky/ Hurricane

Morytania:

Dark Sky (Normal)

Storm

Rain

Hail

Tropical:

Sunny

Monsoon

Rain

Gale

Hurricane

Underground:

Dark (Normal)

Dark/ Fog

Mountainous:

Snow (Normal)

Snow/ Fog

Fog

Blizzard

Gale

Sunny

Christmas:

Snow (Normal Areas)

Red Sky/ Blizzard (Wilderness)

Dark Sky/ Snow (Morytainia)

Snow (Tropical areas)

Dark (Normal) (Underground)

Blizzard (Mountainous)

Halloween:

Red Sky/ Fog (Wilderness)

Dark/ Fog (Underground)

Dark Sky/ Fog (Morytainia)

Fog (All other areas)

...Or something to that effect. I think that it will be slightly more complex than that, but you get the idea.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This wouldn't be too hard of an update, all they have to do is add a new camera angle - through your character's eyes. There have been soooo many times I've wished I could see through the eyes of my character when fighting near a high cliff or wall (try maging near the wall at metal drags, for example).

Some of the sky suggestions ive heard so far are good, here are my thoughts on sky possibilites:

Wildy: Dark reddish clouds, not quite night, but dark

Port Phastamys: Dark and cloudy, could have rain aswell

Underground pass/other caves: It could have stalagmites/tites (not sure which lol) hanging from the ceiling.

South morytania/barrows place: Gloomy evening, a really red/yellow sunset.

Jungles such as in monkey madness island and south of ogre city: You wouldnt see the whole sky, but would see the treetops and some light shining through gaps in the leaves.

If a sky was added to RS, and the camera changed so you could look slightly up, that would in my opinion, be the best update of the year/all RS time.

Best update of the year :?

I think maybe a sky instead of the black, but why would you want to look up??

Pointless update more like if you going to was time wast it on something better then a sky, this is runescape not wow :shame:

That good thing about RuneScape is its Java, no downloading or installing

No top of the range graphics just a solid good game, they have more time to spend on content unlike other games that have to wast time making sky -.-