Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

(in response to the posts above)

The Harry Potter series focuses more on plot, rather than displaying an accurate, detailed world and covering up every loophole. J.K. Rowling focused more on the characters and what happened to them, rather than the magical world and all its components. To me, it seems like she made up a lot of things as she went along, which caused her to want to change her mind later, or just make careless mistakes. Whereas someone who was more devoted to creating a magical fantasy world and planning every last detail, would probably have figured everything out before proceeding to finish off the series.

Just my thoughts on it and interpretation of her writing style :P

this is what I think too, a lot of the time it's like harry or someone pulled a rabbit out of their [wagon] just because jkr had a certain ending she wanted, and needed some way to have that happen

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(in response to the posts above)

The Harry Potter series focuses more on plot, rather than displaying an accurate, detailed world and covering up every loophole. J.K. Rowling focused more on the characters and what happened to them, rather than the magical world and all its components. To me, it seems like she made up a lot of things as she went along, which caused her to want to change her mind later, or just make careless mistakes. Whereas someone who was more devoted to creating a magical fantasy world and planning every last detail, would probably have figured everything out before proceeding to finish off the series.

Just my thoughts on it and interpretation of her writing style :P

this is what I think too, a lot of the time it's like harry or someone pulled a rabbit out of their [wagon] just because jkr had a certain ending she wanted, and needed some way to have that happen

I think she had the plot already made for herself before she started writing the series, but some things may of been made as she went along.

And btw, she DID fill in loopholes, and she was also quite good at detail in the books aswell.

[hide]Like for example: She didnt forget to mention the goblins name who took Harry down to his vault in the philosophers stone (Griphook), because this is someone who re-appears in the deathly hallows.[/hide]

Hmm, I think I understood it pretty well, although I won't post spoilers.

I'm almost done reading it second time, as I only got book last week and i'm not a hardcore reader though I read pretty fast.

It is probaly a little less detailed then i thought it would be, not so indepth, and it really didn't flow well in some areas of the book, although in all it was awesome ::'

Doomy edit: I like sheep

And btw, she DID fill in loopholes, and she was also quite good at detail in the books aswell.

[hide]Like for example: She didnt forget to mention the goblins name who took Harry down to his vault in the philosophers stone (Griphook), because this is someone who re-appears in the deathly hallows.[/hide]

Also about the snitch.

[hide]Harry could only open it with his mouth, and couldn't open it with his hands when thiknesse was at the Weasley's house and suspected it had a hidden message. Which there actually was. O:) [/hide]

Also about the snitch.

[hide]Harry could only open it with his mouth, and couldn't open it with his hands when thiknesse was at the Weasley's house and suspected it had a hidden message. Which there actually was. O:) [/hide]

[hide]Yeh, J.K Rowling didnt forget that Harry caught the snitch in his mouth in his first year at Hogwarts.[/hide]

[hide]Is that why Snapes patronus was the same as Lily's? Because he loved her?[/hide]
did you read to book or not?
Magical power and skill - Rowling never explained this. Was it natural talent that made Dumbledore so brilliant? That made Hermione learn spells quicker than anyone? Rowling certainly mentions magical power, like when Harry said Dumbledore could cast a disillusion charm so powerful it could make him completely invisible. We know it differs from wizard to wizard, but we never find out how or why.
I would say it's just like sports, a combination of natural talent and how much effort you put into it.

Also about the snitch.

[hide]Yeh, J.K Rowling didnt forget that Harry caught the snitch in his mouth in his first year at Hogwarts.[/hide]

You guys seem to forget.. writers keep notes on what they've written before, and notes on what they're writing currently, they don't memorize every detail of what they write

In the end though, it was a great series, and the Deathly Hallows, was in fact my favorite one. The one thing that nags me is what led Harry to marry [hide]Ginny[/hide] at the end? (Other than the fact that he had a crush on her.)

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!

finished it this morning.

gr8 reading, could be better.

there was too much traveling and too less snape, imo

but the last 150 pages make up for it.

One thing left me puzzeled a bit.

can some1 explain me how the hell

[hide=open if you already read the book]Neville(when killing Nagini) took the Gudric sword out of the hat ?didnt the goblin(forgot his name) took it when they broke into Bella's vault ?

[EDIT] nvm,found the answer

[/hide]

In the end though, it was a great series, and the Deathly Hallows, was in fact my favorite one. The one thing that nags me is what led Harry to marry [hide]Ginny[/hide] at the end? (Other than the fact that he had a crush on her.)
Quite the possibly the same thing which led Ron and Hermione to get married

I think she planned the major events, but the minor details she just filled in as she went along, and altered some of the events

did you know mr weasly was suppose to die in book 5?

Oh? :-s

How do you know that? I'm just curious.

I just finished the book and i was a bit disapointed. There were no deaths that affected the storyline in the last book, (i won't say the names) but the final battle with voldemort was poor too, it was such a lackluster ending to what was meant to be a decent duel. Ron and hermione didnt do much at the end and i dont think rowling made good use of the big battle, it could have been much better IMO but i suppose books that are hyped up as much as this would never live up to expectations.

I think she planned the major events, but the minor details she just filled in as she went along, and altered some of the events

did you know mr weasly was suppose to die in book 5?

Oh? :-s

How do you know that? I'm just curious.

She said it in an interview after DH. He was the character that redeemed himself.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

For anyone who read the book and saw that DATELINE special...

[hide]Meredith, at the very end, goes "And, in your words Ms. Rowling, all is well." That's almost exactly the last sentence of the book and I thought, you just ruined the book for lots of people who haven't read the book...but even so... :evil:

Why even say that?[/hide]

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

I just finished the book and i was a bit disapointed. There were no deaths that affected the storyline in the last book, (i won't say the names) but the final battle with voldemort was poor too, it was such a lackluster ending to what was meant to be a decent duel. Ron and hermione didnt do much at the end and i dont think rowling made good use of the big battle, it could have been much better IMO but i suppose books that are hyped up as much as this would never live up to expectations.

I agree; the epilogue felt tacked on, and I still need some for respite to finally be able to put this series to read. I don't think 40 more pages of clearing up could have killed Rowling... :notalk:

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

This book was AMAZING.

Harry marries Ginny :!:

^^You know, Harry is the splitting image of his dad and Ginny (Harry's future wife) is the splitting image of Harry's Dad's wife (Lily). We should have figured this would happen, even before book 7.

All the loop holes filled.

All loose ends tied.

Only problem is that there wont be any more Harry Potter.

This book was AMAZING.

[hide]Harry marries Ginny :!:

^^You know, Harry is the splitting image of his dad and Ginny (Harry's future wife) is the splitting image of Harry's Dad's wife (Lily). We should have figured this would happen, even before book 7.[/hide]

All the loop holes filled.

All loose ends tied.

Only problem is that there wont be any more Harry Potter.

Do this to your post please.